The Mushroom Island is in the northwest corner of the archipelago and requires 12 Sun Stones to unlocked. The island is home to Shea and Wada, as well as the pig pet you can earn.
Each day on Mushroom Island you'll find a variety of wild mushrooms to pick. You can find normal Mushrooms, Mushroom Clusters, and Poisonous Mushrooms. You can clearly tell the difference between the three styles when they are on the ground.
When you pick a mushroom, you will be told what kind it is. There are 40 different species of mushrooms you can collect. The entire collection is listed in your Assets menu, under the "Fish and Mushrooms" category. There are 24 Mushroom types, 9 Mushroom Cluster types, and 6 Poisonous Mushroom types. The last type of mushroom you can collect is a Truffle. You can find a Truffle if you ask your pet pig to hunt for mushrooms. The other way to get a Truffle is by befriending Shea to 7 hearts or more and then talking to him on your birthday. If it is the second year that you have met the 7-heart birthday gift requirement, he'll give you a Truffle.
Hidden Sun Stones
There are 7 Sun Stones associated with Mushroom Island:
- Go to the three large mushrooms in the middle of the island and press A in front of the largest mushroom.
- Raise the number of hearts the pet pig has to 3.
- Ship 100 mushrooms.
- You have a 5% chance of getting a stone from riding Kirk's boat to the island.
- Give 5 gifts of "like" (+300 FP) or higher quality to Shea.
- Give 5 gifts of "like" (+300 FP) or higher quality to Wada.
- Raise Shea and Wada's friendship to 2 hearts (7000 FP) and then go into the tent when Shea is inside.
The Mushroom Collection
Legend: M = Mushroom type, MC = Mushroom Cluster type, PM = Poisonous Mushroom type, T = Truffle