Marrying Special Girls!

Nintendo DS [ Game Guide ]
CornRulesMyWorld <3
Banned: Playing Harvest Moon by illegal means

Post  Posted:

Me and my cousin (we're joined at the hip XD) have decided to marry one of the special girls on HMDS, but which one? We want the easiest one because we are VERY lazy :)
lemo_the_lemon
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'd say Leia's the easiest. Most definately. All you need to do is get your fishing up really high.
cequia
Banned: Ignored Warnings

Post  Posted:

Keria is totally the easiest one. You only have to fall down a mine 255 floors to see her everyday and all she asks for are things like Golden Lumber and some tasty curries.

What a cake walk for a sleeping princess frozen in time, right?
lemo_the_lemon
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yeah but all you have to do is get a fish and take it to Daryll's foe Leia
Moon Droop 43
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Leia would definately be the easiest but I don't find her fun to woo at all.

And you can't marry the Goddess without version 1.1.

If your interested in marrying the Witch there is a guide that will help you up in the sticky section
CornRulesMyWorld <3
Banned: Playing Harvest Moon by illegal means

Post  Posted:

I was interested in Kiera but then I remembered that she couldn't talk and that would just annoy me slightly :) I think I may already love Leia and I haven't even met her :P
cequia
Banned: Ignored Warnings

Post  Posted:

It is true, she is a mute; Once you marry her though you do get a way of communication.
ILoveFodder
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

CornRulesMyWorld <3 wrote:I was interested in Kiera but then I remembered that she couldn't talk and that would just annoy me slightly :) I think I may already love Leia and I haven't even met her :P
Yeah, that happened to me, I just read the manual and wanted to marry her.

Remember that she lives in the pond after marriage, so you will need to buy that. And you need a level 4 fishing rod.

Her 800lp gift is big fish. Go inside, put on the level 4 necklace in the morning or evening, use the level 4 fishing rod, and fish in turtle pond. You should catch alot of big fish.

Good luck :wink:

She is the easiest, I would say.
harvestmoonaddict
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Moon Droop 43 wrote: If your interested in marrying the Witch there is a guide that will help you up in the sticky section
You can't marry the Witch either if you don't have a certain version :(
I love fodder wrote:Her 800lp gift is big fish. Go inside, put on the level 4 necklace in the morning or evening, use the level 4 fishing rod, and fish in turtle pond. You should catch alot of big fish.
Also the ocean is a great place to fish :) I catch alot there in the evening
ILoveFodder
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

harvestmoonaddict wrote:
Moon Droop 43 wrote: If your interested in marrying the Witch there is a guide that will help you up in the sticky section
You can't marry the Witch either if you don't have a certain version :(
I love fodder wrote:Her 800lp gift is big fish. Go inside, put on the level 4 necklace in the morning or evening, use the level 4 fishing rod, and fish in turtle pond. You should catch alot of big fish.
Also the ocean is a great place to fish :) I catch alot there in the evening
Ya the oceans good aswell, but I seem to do better at the pond. The key thing is freezing time, because fish take a long time to be caught, and can only be caught at certain times.

Also If you want to make your life even easier, get Leia to a red heart(or high orange) before activating her yellow heart event. Else your only see her once a week from then.
harvestmoonaddict
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

ILoveFodder wrote: Ya the oceans good aswell, but I seem to do better at the pond. The key thing is freezing time, because fish take a long time to be caught, and can only be caught at certain times.

Also If you want to make your life even easier, get Leia to a red heart(or high orange) before activating her yellow heart event. Else your only see her once a week from then.
I also heard that if you fish in the area right before you switch screens to go to Vesta's farm, under the tree by the river, you catch alot. But I tried that and didn't catch very many :/
I hope this makes sense, I fail at explaining things DX

Yeah, freezing time is always a good option :) Doesn't it use more energy to do that though?

Oh yea, I remember trying to do wait to do the last heart event with Leia because I knew I would have to wait a week between gifts ^_^
ILoveFodder
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

harvestmoonaddict wrote: Yeah, freezing time is always a good option :) Doesn't it use more energy to do that though?
It's worth it. After all you probably have ways of recovering fatigue by this point, if you have the level 4 fishing rod.

And the fishing rod is the only tool that doesn't use more energy as you charge it. Fish are free, in short, Leia is the easiest. Plus you can get stuff from the dig site if your out of fish.

The hardest parts are the pond and if you dont wait for her yellow heart event.
harvestmoonaddict
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

ILoveFodder wrote: It's worth it. After all you probably have ways of recovering fatigue by this point, if you have the level 4 fishing rod.

And the fishing rod is the only tool that doesn't use more energy as you charge it. Fish are free, in short, Leia is the easiest. Plus you can get stuff from the dig site if your out of fish.

The hardest parts are the pond and if you dont wait for her yellow heart event.
Yes, that is true, I could just go to the hot springs or something xD

Orly? I did not know that >.> Thats pretty cool!

Yeah she is definatly the easist one because of that, and especially if you like to fish!
Of all the special girls, I'd say she has the most general gifts. If you like to fish, you can get her fish. If you like to mine, you can mine and get her stuff :)
But with Keira, for example, she mostly likes stuff from the mine, and really hard to make dishes, so if you don't like to mine, you shouldn't go for her.
And if you have the glitched version where you can't marry the Goddess and the Witch, those are the only 2 special girls to choose from :)

Yeah, you do have to be careful too because since she will live in the pond when you are married, the pond could get destroyed in a winter or summer storm. :/
And Poof there goes Leia! :O
ILoveFodder
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

harvestmoonaddict wrote:
Yeah, you do have to be careful too because since she will live in the pond when you are married, the pond could get destroyed in a winter or summer storm. :/
And Poof there goes Leia! :O
What are the chances of the stone buildings falling down again?
1/255 or something?
Isn't that the same as the chance of getting a giant crop?
And I have had two of those so...... ah no i don't want Leia to vanish!

You know the best thing about her? Her reaction if you show her a duck on your farm.
yellowfrogs<3
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

ILoveFodder wrote:You know the best thing about her? Her reaction if you show her a duck on your farm.
haha :P what happens then?? :lol: