Who waits on marrage?

Nintendo DS [ Game Guide ]
nocturnal_butterfly
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I want to get married ASAP, but when I do get married, I usually lose interest in the bachelor, then I start wishing I had married someone else. :roll:
GameGirl301
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I actually forgot at first. That you could get married. I just carried on with the game. I wasn't all in a rush to get sprites at first either. I tried to get my farm going and a good amount of money. When I rescued the Harvest Goddess I only remembered then to get married lol. So I guess I wasn't bothered to start with.
Rose.Wolf
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

GameGirl301 wrote:I actually forgot at first. That you could get married. I just carried on with the game. I wasn't all in a rush to get sprites at first either. I tried to get my farm going and a good amount of money. When I rescued the Harvest Goddess I only remembered then to get married lol. So I guess I wasn't bothered to start with.
seriously? getting married is my favourite part! :D
weeelll, i like the events. after that i just get bored. not much to do in DS after marriage. :/
BunnyBooL
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

nocturnal_butterfly wrote:I want to get married ASAP, but when I do get married, I usually lose interest in the bachelor, then I start wishing I had married someone else. :roll:
This ^

I'm guilty of getting married, typically, in the first year. I do work on my farm but not as much as I could until afterwards.
bunnydoll
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

mmmmm, well the thing is I have about 43 sprites and have started because I don't want to lose Rock to Lumina and have to make countless currys for skye (though he is super hot :D) :heart:
Minunselectric
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I've been spreaing out my wooing all around the field, and choosing takes forever so yes, I wait a while.

Back when I used to play DS I had all the normal girls along with Leia and Keria
And I did the same thing with the normals on DSC
///player, but not with everyone like Roller
GenesisLove
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

If it's a game where marriage is a lot easier like RF2 or RF3 then I tend to wait until the first year is over so I can see all the festivals before I decide. But usually, no, especially if it's one of the games with tons of requirements and a pain to get affection up, I go for it the first chance I get.
HarvestMoonGaia
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

GenesisLove wrote:If it's a game where marriage is a lot easier like RF2 or RF3 then I tend to wait until the first year is over so I can see all the festivals before I decide. But usually, no, especially if it's one of the games with tons of requirements and a pain to get affection up, I go for it the first chance I get.
I think I'd be the opposite - an easy goal is one you complete at the start, but you leave a few for later to break the monotony of harder ones.

But if, and I'll use marriage as an example for the sake of the topic, if the marriage is a pain in the « Mr.Gourmet's hat » to get, I'll try and stretch the timeframe it takes. I've found that, in general, my interest in the game goes up, my attention span holds for a longer period of time if I don't have a bachelorette to watch after, fret over 'OMG DID I GIVE HER A GIFT TODAY', try and remember which heart events I saw and haven't seen...It's a lot more work in general, and if I can find a reason to delay it, I probably will, no matter how trivial the delay. Set yourself goals on how much your farm must have come along before you let yourself marry if you think it's too easy in a game, even - Like, "I won't marry until I have had at least 500,000 gold at one point" if gold is a slightly harder thing than marriage, etc.
YugiCute
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I never wait :L I woo them from the beginning as well as collecting Sprites, getting upgrades and money etc so then I'm ready as soon as I finally get 60 Sprites.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I'm holding off till I can get my farm more settled. I got the 60 sprites so now I'm working on fixing my farm the way I want it.
nightowl43
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Getting the 60 sprites for me took too damn long, so the second I had all the requirements I quickly shoved the blue feather in the face of Griffin and Marlin ;D

Besides you practically have to do all your farming stuff to get the sprites anyway, so by the time you get them all you will have some good farming done. So I'd recommend double tasking and also getting so LP with your special someone.
SailorDanielle
Disabled: User Name Change

Post  Posted:

First, I try to develop my farm so it'll be easier to make/grow the things I need to woo the bachelors.
Then I start saving the things I grow/cOllect from animals and make them into the closest biggest FP gaining gifts I could make and try to woo the spouses as much as possible and put all my focus on them.
So basically I wait :)
StarryJJ
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Heh, I picked Kai to get married to. It has been 4 years and He is only at Green almost yellow heart. He come 30/120 days. Heh I plan on Giving him Pineapples on his birthday. I SHALL PREVAIL xD :heart: :!:
lostkreuz
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I try to getmarried asap as I dont find it as fun without courting and dates on romantic festival days.
BlueSheepies13
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I wait as long as I can stand it. Usually around ~4-5 years into the game I have this time of insanity when I feel like I must get married or I will jump off of a cliff. But at least by then I have a successful farm and can marry anyone of my choosing while still not being bored.