Fishing Pole

Nintendo DS [ Game Guide ]
Pengum
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Just wondering is it possible to catch medium or large fish without upgrading the fishing pole?
And if I have to upgrade it what do I need to upgrade it to?!
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

You need to upgrade it to catch large fish and medium fish so you can keep them, or you can hire the fishing team, but you don't get to keep any of the fish, they automatically ship the fish they catch.

To upgrade tools, you need either copper, silver, gold, or mystrill found in the first and third mine and then call Gray using your phone. He'll pick up and ask the standard for upgrading tools. Depending on how much you've been using your tool will determine what you can upgrade your tool to. Look at the status page to see if your tool can even be upgraded first and what you need to upgrade it. I usually wait until my tools can be upgraded ti mystrill, it may take 4 days but it only costs 5000 where as if you go from copper to silver to gold and then to mystrill, it would cost you 11000 gold, but each upgrade would then only take 1 day.
Pengum
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Ronin19 wrote:You need to upgrade it to catch large fish and medium fish so you can keep them, or you can hire the fishing team, but you don't get to keep any of the fish, they automatically ship the fish they catch.

To upgrade tools, you need either copper, silver, gold, or mystrill found in the first and third mine and then call Gray using your phone. He'll pick up and ask the standard for upgrading tools. Depending on how much you've been using your tool will determine what you can upgrade your tool to. Look at the status page to see if your tool can even be upgraded first and what you need to upgrade it. I usually wait until my tools can be upgraded ti mystrill, it may take 4 days but it only costs 5000 where as if you go from copper to silver to gold and then to mystrill, it would cost you 11000 gold, but each upgrade would then only take 1 day.
Thanks, but I already know how to upgrade it.(sorry! :( ) I just wanna know what the minimum upgrade is to catch the medium or large fish yourself. I believe it is gold? Anyway I do what you do and always upgrade it to mysteril without doing anything in the middle. However I'm still wondering :lala:
Cocovet
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I think it has to be at least gold.
Melian
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Yep, it's correct. I just checked the guide.
Pengum
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Cocovet wrote:I think it has to be at least gold.
Thank you! :lala: