Child Gender

Nintendo DS [ Game Guide ]
Meemoo
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

In DS Cute, is the gender of the kid literally set AT the ceremony? Or the day before or something? I tried 5 times to get a girl and I only got boys. I'm worried I can't have a girl!
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Cher wrote as follows on the DS/C guide
Cher wrote:In HM DS Cute the child's gender is randomly set at your wedding ceremony, and you will not know what it is until the child is actually born. There is no way to force the child to be a girl or a boy.
Notshane
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Cher wrote:In HM DS Cute the child's gender is randomly set at your wedding ceremony, and you will not know what it is until the child is actually born. There is no way to force the child to be a girl or a boy.
What if you just keep restarting the game before the child is born? Would it eventually become a girl?
Hisagiluv
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

^ You'd have to restart all the way from your wedding day. I guess a way to do it would have one save file be before you propose and then use the second save file to sleep through the days until you child is born. From there you can see which gender it is and if it's not the one you want then go back to the first save file and try a different day to propose on.

I believe I did something like this on my DS Cute.
Meemoo
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

^^^ Yes that's what I'm doing! Am I just unlucky? Will it eventually work?
Muffy Princess Moon
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

You do just have to wait and see, luck is a big part of it.
hm1232
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I am not really sure if this true but it did work for me. If you marry on an odd day- you get a girl. If you marry on an even day- you get a boy. I wanted a girl too, but even if I restarted the game again and again- it ended up being a boy. So I decided to propose and marry on an odd day It worked.
lol;'
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

hm1232 wrote:I am not really sure if this true but it did work for me. If you marry on an odd day- you get a girl. If you marry on an even day- you get a boy. I wanted a girl too, but even if I restarted the game again and again- it ended up being a boy. So I decided to propose and marry on an odd day It worked.
True! I married Celia on Summer 4th- got gifted with a boy.
I married Nami on Summer 9th- Got gifted with a girl. (Please don't judge me about marrying everyone)
I married Flora on August 3rd- Got gifted with a girl.
I married Muffy on Sprind 2nd- Got gifted with a boy.
Basically its a glitch and it doesn't happen all the time. It also doesn't work in real life. ;)