Can someone give me tips for mining.

Nintendo DS [ Game Guide ]
princesscrazy
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

No matter how much I try, mining has always been hard for me.
I can get past the 1st mine, but i have never gotten to the last level of the 2nd. I usually get like 20 floors in and die because animals.
:oops:
Does anybody have some tips? What about food to bring?
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Bring lots of food.

If it's a large room, you can save before doing any work and find the stairs, they'll still be there if you load the saved file. You can use that to conserve energy.

If you have the money and access to them, bringing the accessories that prevent your stamina or fatigue from going down will also help a lot, if they're good enough you won't even use up any energy at all from using your tools.

Watch out for the pitfalls, always save after reaching a new floor in case you fall in a bad one.

If you have the glitchy boy version, these two glitches might help:

Money for medicine and accessories:
-hire the fishing sprite team, on the beach during winter for a chance to win stupid amounts of money.

Unlimited food:
-using the touch screen buttons, brush your horse.
-before the brushing animation ends, switch to the milker with the touch screen. Congrats, you just milked your horse.
-repeat until the milker is level 99.
-now repeat for as long as you want, each one will give you a full stack of milk to drink, sell or cook.
stella96
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Get a ton of the stamina drinks. And fatgue.
LiliaoftheWind
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Are you playing DS or DS Cute?

I recommend leveling up your hoe and hammer to at least mithril before trying to go down super deep. Then go searching for the cursed tools and bless them. Anything to save your stamina.

I always take Bodigizer and Turbojolt with me and have my bracelet equipped so I can keep an eye on my fatigue. Stamina is going to decrease a lot when you fall, but if I remember correctly, fatigue only drops a bit. I always try to save before falling down a hole if I am able to.

Not related to mining, but if you need the funds to level up your tools, or bless the cursed ones, level up your crops ASAP. All of the work to do so is worth it. Especially if you have the basement greenhouses. You'll never have to worry about funds again and that means extra Bodigizer and Turbojolt for those long expeditions.
blinkexists182
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

i feel you, it took me forever to get through the second mine the first time i played the game. it's probably due to the limited money i had and the lack of good accessories and techniques.
i recommend you make some money to buy a few turbojolt/bodigizer XL from van. don't even bother with other foods, the drinks are so worth it. take some bodigizer/turbo and run around the mine to see if you can find any pitfalls.
and once you're out of the mine, you'll have some extra ores and w/e to sell to make up for the loss of buying the drinks :)
p.s. once you get to the third mine, you'll find some cursed accessories. which, in turn, takes a lot of money to undo. which sucks. still. the green kappa hat is lyfe
GoldenOwl
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I found an ign guide that gives the basic recipes and best recipes for each dish, a basic thick noodle dish replenishes 60 points of stamina while the best recipe recovers 80 points. Theres best recipes for every dish in the cookbook too.

This saves time so you only have to eat once every floor you fall to, and when youre being hounded by dark chickens every second counts

http://m.ca.ign.com/faqs/2007/harvest-m ... faq-735108

im working to marry kiera so this is increadibly helpful for me haha, from others experience it can be done by winter :heart:
GoldenOwl
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

princesscrazy wrote:No matter how much I try, mining has always been hard for me.
I can get past the 1st mine, but i have never gotten to the last level of the 2nd. I usually get like 20 floors in and die because animals.
:oops:
Does anybody have some tips? What about food to bring?
I highly recomend bringing food to heal you from the falls you take when finding pitfalls, sometimes you can fall 10 or 20 floors down, in the fourth mine you can fall 300 floors down.
The amount of energy you throw away tilling the ground for stairs while attacking enemies and also getting hit all for just one floor is intense compaired to falling 10 floors and healing with one best noodle recipe :shock: