* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Apr 25, 2018 2:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Harvestmoonrocks!
  Post subject: MY CAT!!!!!!
Post Posted: Sep 26, 2017 8:28 am 
Anonymous Fish

I cannot believe this happened. I wanted to show my cat to Celia to increase her friendship points. And when I walked into Vesta's Farm, I saw Celia's rival event. I was mad and cursed myself for walking into their last event: I loved Celia and she got married to Marlin. When I finally consoled myself and happened to look at my dog which was barking at a wild dog, it struck me that I hadn't seen my cat for a few days! I searched the whole village but I couldn't find it anywhere!!!!! This is awful. Is this a glitch and will I get my cat back?

Getaris
  Post subject: Re: MY CAT!!!!!!
Post Posted: Sep 26, 2017 9:04 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I have heard of the pets getting stuck under furniture or deleted by certain events.

Have you tried using the touch screen map to look for it?

Anna_Lynn
Post Posted: Sep 26, 2017 12:33 pm 
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Yes this is a glitch, and no, I don't think you'll ever get your cat back.

I know it's stupid, but when you trigger an event/cutscene, 99% of the time anything in your hands will be reset into nothingness. This counts for pets... :(

If you've honestly searched everywhere in the valley and on your farm with no luck of finding your cat, maybe try reloading your save? If that doesn't work...then your left to keep playing without your cat, or start over. This was an early DS game after all; it's a shame that some things like this were never tested for proper gameplay...

Robinstar
Post Posted: Sep 28, 2017 4:52 pm 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

This is the saddest thing I've ever read. Lost your girl and your cat. I would just restart. And probably hold a grudge against Marlin.