Just found out my MFoMT is a bootleg

Nintendo DS [ Game Guide ]
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I've been using it to connect the Mineral Town characters to my DS Cute. Over the years I've played it, nothing's happened, but is there a possibility it's corrupted my DS game?
Sanne
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

Trying to get my copy of MFoMT I got three (!) bootleg copies of FoMT. I used one of them to unlock the extra content (before I found out it was a bootleg) but my DS Cute game is still doing fine.

There's a small chance it might have corrupted something, but I wouldn't worry about it if you don't experience any problems.
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I got super lucky and got a legit copy of FoMT off ebay earlier this year, on the first try.

I mean, I think...? There's nothing about it that screams "bootleg", it works and looks perfectly, and connects with DS just fine.

I haven't tried the AWL link though.
Robinstar
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

There is a chance of is screwing something up, but if nothing's happened yet, it's probably fine.

By the way, if anyone is unsure if what they have is a bootleg, I know at least 3 ways of telling.
1) On the front, on the right side, in the middle, there should be a faint little number imprinted if it's real. Like, mine has a 12 above the official Nintendo seal of quality. If there's nothing at all, it's a bootleg. This is probably the best way of telling.
2) On the back, it should say AGB-002. If it says AGB-004 or something else, it's fake. There have been some bootlegs that still say ABG-002 though.
3) Check for any misspellings, particularly of "Nintendo". It might say something like "Nintondo" instead if it's a particularly funny bootleg.
thramo
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I bought one a couple years back on eBay that the seller swore was legit, but it's definitely a bootleg. it's in perfect condition... as if it was just made... except it has the name of the wrong game on it, lol. It worked to connect my games fine and i haven't noticed any issues. I haven't really played it though. :!: :-|