Typos, and Glitches 25/03/08

Nintendo DS [ Game Guide ]
The Ninja
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:I recently bought a copy of the boy version. One time the bottom screen stopped working. Like it would show the background that appears when talking to someone and I was unable to access my rucksack or the save screen. I could still go up and talk to people and it would show the dialogue, but the only way I could fix it was by jumping in and out of the hot spring. I don't know what triggered it. I don't know if anyone else posted about this. I just thought I'd share in case anyone else has this problem and doesn't want to lose their progress.
11 years since release and new glitches are still being discovered. It's beautiful to witness :')
Anna_Lynn
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

This was probably already mentioned somewhere in the previous 111 pages, but awhile back, I found a way to essentially lock up your game. When talking to villagers, the game will take a moment to register their facial expression, thus resulting in them having a normal face for a split-second. In that very short timeframe, pressing START to pause your gameplay may result in the game freezing/locking up. Same thing occurs if you pause during the short flashes of pink/purple on the bottom screen. Sorry if this was established before; don't really have the time to sift through the pages.
Anonymous Fish wrote:I recently bought a copy of the boy version. One time the bottom screen stopped working. Like it would show the background that appears when talking to someone and I was unable to access my rucksack or the save screen. I could still go up and talk to people and it would show the dialogue, but the only way I could fix it was by jumping in and out of the hot spring. I don't know what triggered it. I don't know if anyone else posted about this. I just thought I'd share in case anyone else has this problem and doesn't want to lose their progress.
Oh yeah, I've had this happen to me before! Usually it occurs after Gotz comes over to build a structure on my farm or I find a Harvest Sprite, and then my bottom screen either goes black or shows the sepia farm background. For me, I just toss my dog ball into the water pond, and Mayor Thomas saves the day by unglitching my bottom screen when returning the ball. Triggering one of the random mini games works too, like 4:44 doghouse battles or 6:01 record memory.
HydroPlume
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I came across what seems to be an interesting glitch in HM DS (Boy Version) today: I thought I'd post here to let others know about it.

The glitch occurs while wearing the Harvest Goddess Hat (The "medium" effect hat is the only one I've tested so far). When being hurt by one of the "dark" animals in the mines, my stamina goes up instead of down. I considered that this was the intended functioning, but it just didn't fit, what with the Hat's description not really hinting as such.

Anyway, I figured it was worth mentioning since I couldn't find it written anywhere. I apologize if someone here has already informed on this glitch in one of the 1600 posts I didn't get around to reading.

Have a good day.
witchlunie
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I had a glitch too in Harvest Moon DS Cute.

I connected my game with Friends of Mineral Town.
I hired Gray to upgrade my tools or make the maker machines, then he coincidentally finished on a Thursday, when he was supposed to visit the Valley.

I, being the “donno who to marry” person just kept giving gifts to every bachelor every morning with the Teleport Stone. Then, when I came to the Inn and visit the Boys’ Room, Gray was not there. And the door is unlocked too. I ran in there for awhile and suddenly Gray appeared from the bottom of the screen and just walked like he would always do in the room. Weird..
MrAlexanderWs
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Some typos I found in HMDS Cute : Refrigerator, in game Refrigerateor, actual Refrigerator. Snapper, in HMDS Snapper, in HMDS Cute Seabream. Lionfish, in HMDS Loin Fish, in HMDS Cute Lionfish, Halfbeck, in HMDS Halfbeck, in HMDS Cute Halfbeak.
AR144
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I found an useful glitch to unlock the 9th Channel of the Harvest Sprite Station, but it only works in Harvest Moon DS Cute, so only in the girl version. It's very easy :

To unlock the 9th Channel, you need to ship 100,000 of a single item from your farm (milk, eggs, crops…) It's veeery long, but I found a way to get this sprite in less than 9 hours.

- Take 99 milks, eggs, crops…
- Talk to Van to sell him things
- Choose "All"
- Select your 99 items from your farm but answer "No" when he suggests the price

You still have your items, which is normal, but your items were added to the shippement list, by example if your 99 items you shown to Van were milk, then 99 milks were Added to the shippement list. Just repeat untill you have 100,000 of a single item in the shippement list, and you'll unlock the 9th Channel Sprite.

I Don't know if someone already posted this glitch, but I never saw it on YouTube...
Boogle
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I know a few!
All ‘K’ letters are capitalized
And when you try and order a lumber shed, tell Gotz he supplies the stone, the text that says how much it costs is in Japanese
These are both in DS Cute :)
Terdin
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

In HMDS, I've had a bunch of eggs not hatching for an entire season.
The problem was that I was busy killing chickens for WP's purple heart event, and Takakura's death message took priority over the hatching event. Since they couldn't hatch, the eggs got reset to "just placed". It also took priority over WP coming to tell Jack he'd fainted 100 times, which in turn took priority over hatching.
Figured it out while I waited for them to hatch. Fortunately it's unlikely to happen now that I've got a pregnant sheep. Getting the pregnancy reset would be rather annoying.

Too bad the European version has the milker glitches fixed. The milker leveling without needing some 650 uses would be really nice. Still have it up to over level 70 by persistent air milking and the Kappa hats (the red until I could get the green).
AWESOMEGAMER
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Harvest Moon DS Cute
I have heard that this is also in the DS version

Menu Lock/Top and Bottom Screen are Both Blank
Go to any menu and now try to buy something (telephone, kitchen bar etc), and now both top and bottom screen will be black with music playing.
I save now before I go into menus, sometimes it takes 2-3 days (in game days to stop. Some time it is just the menu it self. I have now just save before I go into the menu of all things becsue of this.