PrincessZelda's Witch Princess Strategy

Nintendo DS [ Game Guide ]
princesszelda
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I wrote this for someone just now, and decided to post it, I think it's a relatively good strategy, it worked for me, so enjoy..

READ THROUGH THE WHOLE THING BEFORE YOU COMMENT, QUESTIONS ARE MOST LIKELY ANSWERED

The North American Version 1.0 you cannot marry the Witch Princess. Don't follow this guide! It will be a waste of your time.

The North American Version 1.1 you CAN marry the Witch Princess.

!!!!! TO FIND OUT WHICH VERSION YOU HAVE LOOK ON THE BACK OF YOUR GAME
Version 1.0 - ABCEN0J13
Version 1.05 - ABCEN0J22
Version 1.1 - ABCEN1J09 ABCEN1J11
if the number to the left of the J is 0, then you have version 1.0
if the number to the left of the J is 1, then you have version 1.1
** If you can do the milker glitch, you have version 1.0 If you cannot do the milker glitch you have version 1.1
The milker glitch = Brush your horse without the touch glove on, and while your character is brushing, switch the Brush with the Milker.
I can't GUARANTEE that the milker glitch will tell you which version you have, because some people just suck at the milker glitch, but it's indication to which version you have, nonetheless.

** Another way to check is to go mining. Dig up the Pink Necklace/Choker. Check your mining list. If the Pink Necklace/Choker does NOT show up in your list, you do NOT have version 1.1, and you can NOT marry the Witch Princess.

ALL EUROPEAN AND JAPANESE GAMES CAN MARRY THE WITCH PRINCESS.

Black Event:
Leave Romana's Mansion, 6am - 12am
This is the only thing that's easy.

Purple Event:
Litter at least 10 times
Have killed 50 or more of your animals
Donated a Toadstool to the Harvest Festival for 5 years
Try to exit the valley at least 10 times
Rescued the Harvest Goddess
Pass out from exhaustion at least 10 times.
Given 10 or more gifts to the Witch

Most people have issues with these requirements. Kill 50 animals, in particular, seeing as this is basically what this guide is for.

I started right away with trying to get money to purchase barns and animals so I could kill them. It's hard because you don't have any money, and you need to build barns .. to have the animals, so ye. You'll have to harvest and work until you can build barns. So what I did .... (keep in mind I used barns/cows, but sheds/chickens are cheaper, and its now confirmed that they count towards the 50 animals goal)

I built a fodder barn first, and put all 4 cows into it. Don't feed them. Hit them with tools for a little bit to put them into a bad mood, which in turn will make them sick quicker, which in turn, will make them die quicker. A good trick is to name your cows by number, so you know how many you've bought. SOMETIMES, they do not die in order, so don't 100% rely on this numbering tactic. Now, keep building barns and harvesting what you can (to make money), and keep buying cows. A barn is SUPPOSED to only hold four animals, but technically it can hold all of them. Every single cow that I owned, I put in ONE barn, even though (by the end) I had seven barns.

Throughout the time that you're buying barns and cows, and harvesting, cows should be dying 1-3 per day. (It will take a little while for this to start happening, once you have quite a few cows in the barn). Once you've bought cow 50, and they're all in one barn, save your game and go to sleep.

In the morning, check the weather for the next day. We want a storm. If it's not a storm, restart until it is.

Because all of the cows are in a fodder barn .. we know what will happen next. Hopefully (most likely), the storm will knock the barn over .. killing all your cows! Wala, ACCOMPLISHMENT.

It DOES take a long time though, because building the barns/cows is expensive, and takes a while (since Gotz takes two days to make a barn), and it is very boring. There's not much to do, since there's really no point in becoming friends with anyone, because you're killing animals daily they will never become your friend, lol. Basically I just planted, watered, harvested, fished all day to pass the days.

I also made sure to hit my cows regularly with my axe/hoe/sickle/hammer (take turns, that way you level up all your different tools), just to make sure they were miserable. The best way to do this beneficially, is everynight before you want to go to sleep, go whack your cows until you pass out. That way, you're also working towards your passing out 100 times goal.

Once you've littered 10 times, and have killed 50 animals, you can continue normally with your game. No other requirements will decrease LP/FP of the other villagers, except donating a Toadstool every year at the Harvest Festival, but that's insignificant, and unavoidable.

On your fifth year, you can finally activate this event, by exiting the Sprite Tree between 10 am - 6pm.

Blue Heart Event
Given at least 1000 gifts

This ones easy. If you've been serious about wanting to marry the Witch Princess, you've been gifting her everyday. You've probably accidentally reached 1000 gifts already. If not, keep giving them to her. Once you have given her 1000, go to her hut between 6am - 12am

Yellow Heart Event
Know the cooking recipe for Elli Leaves
Pass out from exhaustion at least 100 times
Have nothing in your Items slot of your Rucksack

The recipie for Elli Leaves: Turbojolt XL + Bodigizer XL + burnt Frypan dish + burnt Pot dish + burnt Oven dish + burnt Mixer dish + burnt Steamer dish + burnt No Utensil dish
*To get the recipie for Elli Leaves legit:
Elli must be at yellow heart level, and you must have experienced her other heart events thus far. On a sunny Wednesday, exit your farm between 6am - 8am. Yellow heart event cutscene will occur, in which Elli will come by, give you some Elli Leaves, along with the recipie.

The only annoying part on this event is the pass out from exhaustion at least 100 times, but is not hard. For the five years before you can even activate the first event with her, instead of going to bed at night, use your tools and make yourself pass out. This is beneficial because it gives experience to your tools. If your tools no longer need experience, use the Legendary Sword to pass out quicker. I believe it uses the most stamina.

Once you've seen the yellow heart event, you can ALMOST marry her. The only other catch is that you have to have given her 10,000 total gifts. Again, annoying, but not hard. These gifts don't have to be things she loves, in fact you could give her almost all weeds if you wanted to. Eventually you will be able to propose, making sure, of course, that her heart level is Red.

=) =)
Last edited by princesszelda on Aug 17, 2007 11:18 am, edited 18 times in total.
Bahbee_boi
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Bravo!

This should be sticked.
Starkist
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Thanks for posting this!! I don't know if this will be a sticky though.
Kachimak
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

*claps* Good!
princesszelda
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Thanks, and I added a bunch of stuff, to make it more clear :)
Yume
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

That's great, nice job. :]
Very useful if I only had version 1.1. :P
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Also, you have to give the Witch the gifts 1 at a time, and there is another way to check if you have a non-glitched copy. Dig up a Necklace/Choker in the excavation site and see if it shows up in your mining list.
Witch's Prince
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I don't know if it'll be stickied, but nice work. Very informative thread. I just though that I'd add to it that the gifts you can give to her to reach the 1,000 and 10,000 marks do not have to be ones that raise her heart. Though she must still have a red heart to marry her the other gifts can be weeds, stones, anything.
princesszelda
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Added both tidbits, thank you =)
Azhure
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

Oh, boo! Ive been killing off animals for ages lol.. And now reading this, knowing I have the milker glitch.. How cruel! ;_;

Exellent guide though! Do I have to buy the game again to get a new version, or is there a patch or something?

As if not being able to enter the cooking festival wasnt bad enough. =P

Again, brilliant guide!
princesszelda
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I'm about 99.9% sure you have to buy the other version. I would just wait though, for HM DS:Cute. It's defenitely not worth it to buy the exact same game again, unless you can get an exchange, or something :bunny:
pookiewookiecookie
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

oh wow i wondered why the milker glitch didnt work for me, i thought i might just suck at it but i found that strange as i'm usually the go to person for button pushing on any game lol

w00t i got 1.1 and for 10$ too, hurray for best buy

does the witch say anything after you kill the 50 animals?
Christopher
Banned: Drama Queen

Post  Posted:

pookiewookiecookie wrote:oh wow i wondered why the milker glitch didnt work for me, i thought i might just suck at it but i found that strange as i'm usually the go to person for button pushing on any game lol

w00t i got 1.1 and for 10$ too, hurray for best buy

does the witch say anything after you kill the 50 animals?
Only if you kill exactly 50,
it still counts if you kill over 50 but she doesn't say anything
Eg you have 49 dead and 2 die, she wont say anything
Eg you have 49 dead and 1 dies, she'll say something
Azhure
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

princesszelda wrote:I'm about 99.9% sure you have to buy the other version. I would just wait though, for HM DS:Cute. It's defenitely not worth it to buy the exact same game again, unless you can get an exchange, or something :bunny:
No, its not really is it? I will be getting the girl version.. But Im dreading the glitches that may emerge in that one. :(
weltall
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Azhure wrote:
princesszelda wrote:I'm about 99.9% sure you have to buy the other version. I would just wait though, for HM DS:Cute. It's defenitely not worth it to buy the exact same game again, unless you can get an exchange, or something :bunny:
No, its not really is it? I will be getting the girl version.. But Im dreading the glitches that may emerge in that one. :(
You should be excited about the new glitch you will discover! In fact you should buy all 4 different versions and when cute comes out that too ti experience all the glitches possible!