Leia's affection WON'T GO UP :( :evil:

Nintendo DS [ Game Guide ]
prtykty14
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I've been playing HMDS Cute for years now, but have only this time around gotten this far (year 8! All tools Mythic! Plants all up to level 50! All non-island buildings unlocked! Whoot!)

I would really like to fully complete the game, and my current focus is finishing my Fishing List. I'm almost to the 900 mil needed to unlock the island, and the only other item I need is the message in a bottle.

But Leia's affection WON'T GO UP. I give her a large fish every day and her FP goes up by the expected 9 points. But the affection doesn't budge. And day after day when I talk to her I see that it's actually going down.

I'm being extra careful to not litter and not let any animals die.

What gives? Any ideas?

Really hoping my game isn't permanently glitched, I've put a few real-life years into this save data and would rather not start over. :evil:
Cherubae
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

Post  Posted:

The first gift you give should increase both AP and FP. If it only increases FP, maybe you already gave that day or she is at max AP? What are her affection values? Are you already married?
prtykty14
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I am already married, does that mean her affection can’t be raised?

Her current AP is 1500 (it goes down by about 100 AP every day since the day we met), and her current FP is 142 (it goes up by 9 with the first large fish I give her in a day, and by 4 for every consecutive present I give her on any same day). The AP doesn’t budge with the first present of a day, the only change in AP is that it goes down inexplicably by 100 every day.
prtykty14
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

She does sometimes say “bring your husband next time, I want to see him”, which I’m worried is a bit of a hint that her affection can’t be raised because I’m married. Which is laaaame.
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

She was originally a marriage candidate; that event is a heart event, and well, as you may imagine you can't have romantic moments with others after you marry.

So, I guess you're effectively locked out of the message in a bottle.

It was the same in the boy version with Flora and the hot springs.
prtykty14
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Darn. :( I’ll remember that for next time I restart the save file. Thanks for clearing that up for me!
Cherubae
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

Post  Posted:

Getaris wrote: It was the same in the boy version with Flora and the hot springs.
At least in the boy version (and the girl version), the hot spring can still unlock once the child is born. It doesn't have to be triggered by Flora's heart event. With the bottle it requires Leia to have 40k AP before it can be caught, which unfortunately isn't possible to increase once the protagonist is married to another candidate.
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Oh Is that right? Then I guess it's not as bad then.

Sucks about the bottle though, they should've added some obscure way to obtain one. Maybe through a well trained fishing team (the things they fish are added to your fishing and shipping lists).