Which RF game is your favorite ? (with game updates!)

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Dark Angel
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

RF4 is far and above my favourite. I love all of the characters and the ever changing dialogue and the friendships between them and eugh. Porcoline is life.

Also really really loved the sprite swap and name change features. ...mostly because I made a "Lest" x Dylas file and it worked really well, what with Volkanon calling you 'sir' after marriage even when you're a girl. Not like marrying him as a boy for real sadly lol, but close enough. Thanks Marvelous.

Also the translation of that game was on point. Some people didn't like the added puns, but I'm trash so I thought they were tentacool. :'D
kristaok
Banned: Trolling

Post  Posted:

Dark Angel wrote:RF4 is far and above my favourite. I love all of the characters and the ever changing dialogue and the friendships between them and eugh. Porcoline is life.

Also really really loved the sprite swap and name change features. ...mostly because I made a "Lest" x Dylas file and it worked really well, what with Volkanon calling you 'sir' after marriage even when you're a girl. Not like marrying him as a boy for real sadly lol, but close enough. Thanks Marvelous.

Also the translation of that game was on point. Some people didn't like the added puns, but I'm trash so I thought they were tentacool. :'D
I wondered about whether people liked the times when the game wasn't so serious but instead had humour in it, I loved it and porcoline is hilarious. Yea idk volkanon must be having early Alzheimer's he even calls me "sir" too and I married Vishnal. :P
Terra575
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I got somewhat far into the first game, but I couldn't really get into it for a long period of time. It seems like the later games are better though, so I'm considering giving them a shot.
kristaok

Post  Posted:

Terra575 wrote:I got somewhat far into the first game, but I couldn't really get into it for a long period of time. It seems like the later games are better though, so I'm considering giving them a shot.
Yes definitely do, RF4 is awesome, I only have that and RF2, I plan to get 1 and 3 as well but yea RF4 is extremely fun and worth it!

Edit; I found RF1 today at Gamestop I picked it up, all I need now is RF3 :P
Madara
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

I've only played 3 and 4 until marriage and I love them both. 3 had an easier marriage system but 4 has more fleshed out characters. I read some of these posts and I was a bit surprised by the voice acting in 4, so many characters from anime so I was super against marrying some of them *cough doug/sasuke and vishnal/edward -> might still marry vishnal because his hair and eye color are so win.

In regards to 1 and 2, 2 is MUCH more interesting and more involved. The art is noticeably better (in my opinion) as well. 1 was very limited and most things needed to be unlocked while rf2 seemed more open, I could derp where I wanted. The idea of playing as a child (female) and hitting on one of them boy children but at the same time, the rivals were hot :l

RF4 is the best imo. I could finally be a girl and marry hot dudes and have cute babies :P
kristaok

Post  Posted:

Madara wrote:I've only played 3 and 4 until marriage and I love them both. 3 had an easier marriage system but 4 has more fleshed out characters. I read some of these posts and I was a bit surprised by the voice acting in 4, so many characters from anime so I was super against marrying some of them *cough doug/sasuke and vishnal/edward -> might still marry vishnal because his hair and eye color are so win.

In regards to 1 and 2, 2 is MUCH more interesting and more involved. The art is noticeably better (in my opinion) as well. 1 was very limited and most things needed to be unlocked while rf2 seemed more open, I could derp where I wanted. The idea of playing as a child (female) and hitting on one of them boy children but at the same time, the rivals were hot :l

RF4 is the best imo. I could finally be a girl and marry hot dudes and have cute babies :P
3 is the only one I'm needing and I have a hunch my hubby is getting it for me. :) I wish they continued with the wifi capabilities.
Tiptoze
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Honestly my favorite RF changes between 3 and ToD depending on my mood, lol.
Docga
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Tiptoze wrote:Honestly my favorite RF changes between 3 and ToD depending on my mood, lol.
all aboard the 3 train!

also TIPPY IT'S BEEN SO LONG
Tiptoze
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Yes!! 3 brings me so much nostalgia, I really ought to play through it again. I've been meaning to play through ToD too.

I check the RF Lovers club often but no one but me really posts there anymore. Docga come talk to meeeeee
Andr0o
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I've only played 2, 4, and ToD so far, RF2 was one of the first DS games I got and I've literally just (last night) finished playing through it again, as well as just prior to that playing through and "finishing" RF4.
I'd agree with the sentiment that RF4 is the best in terms of playability, story immersion, and systems, but given that it's the most recent game on the newest hardware, that's not surprising. I'd wager that if other handheld RF games were made with much the same mechanics and to the potential offered by the expanded memory/storage capability of 3DS carts that they'd be likewise; masterpieces.

While I have the added effect of nostalgia for RF2, my girlfriend doesn't, and REALLY dislikes it, maybe I'd feel the same if I hadn't played it way back.

I'm hopefully going to find a copy of RF and RF3 soon and play through them as well, but the older games are hella rare.