RFF - Mining question

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Darkfaerie101
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Where can you find Amethyst and Ruby? I need them to make a Luck Blade.
LiliaoftheWind
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

You can pretty much find them anywhere. Try using special attacks with your hammer and level it up. The higher the level the more jewels you get. Also try placing Rune Stones in the pedestal (sp?) on Whale Island Cave Depths right before you enter the Fin.
Darkfaerie101
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I have a Silver Hammer. I have mined a Ruby once, but I sold it. The Chickenhawk also dropped a Sapphire, but again, I sold that. Thanks for the help, btw!
LiliaoftheWind
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

NP. Aww that stinks. What level is your Silver hammer? You should use scrap iron to level it up (Good for leveling up Forge). I have a lvl10 The Hammer and almost every special attack gets me a highish lvl jewel. Oh and a good mining spot is the first level (B1) of Green Ruins.
SinReVi
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

You can also try defeating Monster Boxes/Gobble Boxes (those monsters that look like treasure chests) they drop jewels sometimes.
Nurse Fin
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

If you raise Monster Boxes they will give you jewels with the Harvester. So will the big mushroom monsters, at random.