treasure hunt

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
ronzodman
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

ok , so fer the treasure hunt to get the first prize do u havto finish in 20 real mins or 20 in game mins?
cassidytheoddball
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Twenty in game minutes. The festival doesn't even last twenty real minutes long. It last only about twelve - start at six, end at six.

Common sense. XD
ronzodman
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

so 20 secs irl?!
eryn.hacken
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

yes
haloharvestmoon
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I never placed first... ;O;
Ganesha cheats every year though... o:
NNescio
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

haloharvestmoon wrote:I never placed first... ;O;
Ganesha cheats every year though... o:
I believe the OP is speaking about RF1 instead of RFF.
ronzodman wrote:so 20 secs irl?!
At least it's not a HM game, in which case it would be 10 secs IRL.
Ermkaybo
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

How's it possible seriously..
it takes you more than that to reach the cave..
I know where the item is. I just can't ever reach it in time. It's really bad.
cequia
Banned: Ignored Warnings

Post  Posted:

In the Japanese version it was intended for you to visit the cave the night before the Treasure Hunt to take the book, then put it in your shelf so Godwin wouldn't see it, and then once you activate the event you would teleport back home to grab the book from your shelf and give it to Godwin within 20 minutes.

I am guessing Natsume either thought this to be a glitch or took it out since they wanted to uphold the moral here in America that cheating is a bad thing to do.
Doodleniks
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

(Oh hi Cequia, remember me? I got an account!)

You can still win it if you use your teleporting spell. Start the contest, teleport back to your house, then run to the cave, grab the book, then teleport back to the beginning of the cave. Then teleport to your house, and run back to Godwin as fast as you can go.
cequia

Post  Posted:

Yes I do remember you. I'm glad to see you are an official member of the Ushi dysfunctional family. :wink:

You can only win the second best prize that way sadly, it takes about double the time.
cassidytheoddball
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I think Salted R. Trout increases your running speed, though. Eat a bunch of it after you teleport back to your house. That should help. Oh, and take shortcuts, regardless of poison squares. If you do everything just right, there's a chance you can make it.

Or, you could get it one year, store it in your shelf instead of giving it to Godwin, then give that copy next year.
cequia

Post  Posted:

This is how I play it out. I activate the event and Teleport back to my house. From there I run to the cave and directly to the book. I use the Escape magic to be able to get out of the Cave quickly, then Teleport to get back to the house. From there I run directly up to Godwin and give him the book.

That takes about 40-45 seconds to do, but I have never tried eating Salted R. Trout or taking a route through the poison squares. Very interesting tips Cass, I may have to try them someday.
cassidytheoddball
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Glad to contribute to the gameplay hotpot.

Oh, and another thing. While even the monsters you can ride won't increase your speed, it may be a good idea to bring a pet along so you don't have to stop to fight opponents.
Doodleniks
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

cequia wrote:Yes I do remember you. I'm glad to see you are an official member of the Ushi dysfunctional family. :wink:

You can only win the second best prize that way sadly, it takes about double the time.
No... I actually won. I think. I'm actually almost positive.
Crazy DAC
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

^ Of course you won, but it's just second prize, not the first prize.

There're no way to win the first prize without cheathing. Riding the monster can't help too. I'm not try the Salted R. Trout yet but I think it's impossible because normaly you need more than 40 minutes, but Salted R. Trout just can help raise half of your speed... :(