Rune Factory Oceans!

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
bond007106
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Melody Muse wrote:I never really thought the Iris' looked particularly young, but that was just me, and I can see how they would.
No, i never thought she looked particularly young, either...
In regards to Ranger's original comment: are you sure you're not thinking of the official artwork? As all of the official artwork makes the characters look quite bit younger than they do in-game.
I've noticed it a lot recently with all Harvest Moon games, actually (or at least i assume it's recent); the DS HM games seem to favour a super-deformed style for their official artwork.
Ranger
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

bond007106 wrote:
Ranger wrote:She looks like the typical RF loli wife to me. Maybe shorter than Odette, but hey if girls like Uzuki and the Irises can get married despite how young they look...than I don't see how she can't. :3
Hmm, that's not quite a precise comparison, though.
Uzuki may have been very short and thin, but her face wasn't really all that 'child-like'.
And Iris was quite a bit taller. Plus of course there's the whole 'actually centuries old' thing...
What...? Uzuki's face looked like she was five. xD;

And although the Irises were still centuries old, they still had very young, petite features.
Turnip witch
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Ranger wrote:
bond007106 wrote:
Ranger wrote:She looks like the typical RF loli wife to me. Maybe shorter than Odette, but hey if girls like Uzuki and the Irises can get married despite how young they look...than I don't see how she can't. :3
Hmm, that's not quite a precise comparison, though.
Uzuki may have been very short and thin, but her face wasn't really all that 'child-like'.
And Iris was quite a bit taller. Plus of course there's the whole 'actually centuries old' thing...
What...? Uzuki's face looked like she was five. xD;

And although the Irises were still centuries old, they still had very young, petite features.

It seems that the Irises are eternal being and they maintance their beauty by drinking tomato juice almost everyday!
Melody Muse
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I still want to know if that is tomato juice or wine in the Japanese version. It just looks exactly like a wine bottle on the website image, is all. XD But then again, since the characters are of legal age to be married, I don't know why they'd remove alcohol references (not that games don't do that all ready, now that I think on it...).
Saccha
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Melody Muse wrote:I still want to know if that is tomato juice or wine in the Japanese version. It just looks exactly like a wine bottle on the website image, is all. XD But then again, since the characters are of legal age to be married, I don't know why they'd remove alcohol references (not that games don't do that all ready, now that I think on it...).
Usually they substitute wine with "grape juice." But I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be tomato juice originally. I wish I had a link to the Japanese wiki....
Chaos_44
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Well how would it be that Tomato in Mixer = Wine? Haha.

I remember people playing the Japanese version on help sites had Tomato Juice as the favorite, so I'd assume it's the same.
Melody Muse
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Ah that makes sense. Plus it would be spoofing all the "vampires and wine" things too.

Thanks for the replies. :D
Kitto
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

so the female protagonist can't marry? >.>
Ranger
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Kitto wrote:so the female protagonist can't marry? >.>
No, she can. It's just a smaller selection compared to the male's.
Kitto
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Ranger wrote:
Kitto wrote:so the female protagonist can't marry? >.>
No, she can. It's just a smaller selection compared to the male's.
ah...thank you
bond007106
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Melody Muse wrote:I still want to know if that is tomato juice or wine in the Japanese version. It just looks exactly like a wine bottle on the website image, is all. XD But then again, since the characters are of legal age to be married, I don't know why they'd remove alcohol references (not that games don't do that all ready, now that I think on it...).
In fairness, most Harvest Moon games don't remove alcoholic references.
The Rune Factory games all have Wine and each have several characters who get drunk on a regular basis.
Tree of Tranquility and Animal Parade have cocktails, and Grand Bazaar has a wide selection of alcoholic beverages which you can make.
It is, of course, a little odd that the player character is usually dissuaded from drinking, considering they logically must be old enough, but that's probably just to appease the censors. (Maybe it's become a bit of an in-joke, like it has in the Ace Attorney games?)
Melody Muse
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

bond007106 wrote:
In fairness, most Harvest Moon games don't remove alcoholic references.
The Rune Factory games all have Wine and each have several characters who get drunk on a regular basis.
Tree of Tranquility and Animal Parade have cocktails, and Grand Bazaar has a wide selection of alcoholic beverages which you can make.
It is, of course, a little odd that the player character is usually dissuaded from drinking, considering they logically must be old enough, but that's probably just to appease the censors. (Maybe it's become a bit of an in-joke, like it has in the Ace Attorney games?)
You know, I think that is it, the in-joke idea, that is. It sounds about in-line with Marvelous' sense of humor, and would explain it. :D
Ranger
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Any luck yet?
Ranger
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Oops. I meant any *updates* yet?
Nurse Fin
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Nope, nothing that I know of. There might not be any updates until mid December if they're just waiting for Jump Festa. Sucks doesn't it.