Rune Factory Oceans!

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Melody Muse
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yaaaaaay website is up! :D *does a dance of happiness*

Honestly, I just ordered RF3, but I am so excited about RFO that I keep forgetting about it. XD
touchmon
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I love the new site. Plus there's random english on it that makes it a bit easier to navigate...even if I can't read anything but the hirigana on the page. XD
NNescio
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Doodleniks wrote:
NNescio wrote: [quote=""Melody Muse"]
...Or going out to fight with their husbands.
Viking shieldmaidens.
No such thing. Just a myth. Though there was a woman rune carver. And, of course, the Valkyries... But history hasn't recorded Viking women fighting.[/quote]

Actually, it has. The Byzantine historian Johann Skylitzes, for example, has recorded that Norse women had fought in the Siege of Dorostolon. Not a first-hand account by any means, but they were many eyewitnesses "who were stunned to discover armed women among the fallen warrriors."

There's also Freydís Eiríksdóttir, who was reported (in one of the Vinland sagas) to have fought to the point of scaring away Native Americans during the Viking expedition to North America. While bare-breasted and pregnant.

The Vinland sagas are generally considered more seriously by modern day historians, unlike the accounts of Saxo Grammaticus who was prone to making up stuff.
bond007106
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

The new site's looking good, although there doesn't really seem to be anything new on it. At least there a few clearer screenshots. And it also confirms that the PS3 version will be Move-compatible (although this was pretty much a given).
Also, does that movie show anything new, since my computer won't play it?
Melody Muse
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

bond007106 wrote:The new site's looking good, although there doesn't really seem to be anything new on it. At least there a few clearer screenshots. And it also confirms that the PS3 version will be Move-compatible (although this was pretty much a given).
Not much is new, just some dual wielding action that is nice. Other things are pretty much the same, although we got to see the 3D model of the Guru when we've only seen his portrait otherwise (he was swooning with hearts all around. I so hope he is a bachelor, I do love him all ready. XD)
cuc
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

bond007106 wrote:The new site's looking good, although there doesn't really seem to be anything new on it. At least there a few clearer screenshots. And it also confirms that the PS3 version will be Move-compatible (although this was pretty much a given).
The PS3 Move support has been revealed in a preview (which I didn't post about here), and Hashimoto said something like "the way we use Move may surprise you". The movie is just the same trailer.
NNescio wrote:I like to keep my options open (especially when trying to reconcile canon)
Now that's a quoteable phrase.

Regarding the official site... It succeeded in reminding me that Marvelous is in a much tougher situation than before. The site feels considerably cheaper than some of Marvelous's previous game sites. The trailer eased some of my worries about RFO, and this site has brought them back.

-There are currently 14 slots on the character page, which is just enough space for 2 protagonists + 9 bachelorettes + 3 bachelors. But what about the other characters?
-Sonia's body is missing, so finding it back is an important plot element.
-Lily is a bard. She plays basically the mother role in the household, but she's also clumsy and has to leave the kitchen to the other sisters' care. Nonetheless she's still trying to learn cooking.
-The inn is called "Sisters".
-When facing Azel, Iris can't speak, and can't help blushing. (already mentioned in a preview I didn't post about.)

And here are rips from the Flash file:

Concept art:
ImageImageImageImage
Azel and Sonia:
ImageImage
Spirit-ish not Runey thing:
ImageImageImageImage
Melody Muse
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Is Marvelous in some sort of financial trouble? D: I thought I heard they went bankrupt but I don't know of a good source...

The good news is if that is the case, since they announced the game, it's pretty far in production, so hopefully won't cost them so much money to finish it all up.
aquariusmist
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

cuc wrote: Spirit-ish not Runey thing:
ImageImageImageImage
Those things are so. cute. ;u;

And I'm glad the official site is up! I guess this means they'll be updating more frequently now..? :O?
Chalis
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Melody Muse wrote:Other things are pretty much the same, although we got to see the 3D model of the Guru when we've only seen his portrait otherwise (he was swooning with hearts all around. I so hope he is a bachelor, I do love him all ready. XD)
You and me both. Dat priest.
Doodleniks
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

NNescio wrote:
Actually, it has. The Byzantine historian Johann Skylitzes, for example, has recorded that Norse women had fought in the Siege of Dorostolon. Not a first-hand account by any means, but they were many eyewitnesses "who were stunned to discover armed women among the fallen warrriors."

There's also Freydís Eiríksdóttir, who was reported (in one of the Vinland sagas) to have fought to the point of scaring away Native Americans during the Viking expedition to North America. While bare-breasted and pregnant.

The Vinland sagas are generally considered more seriously by modern day historians, unlike the accounts of Saxo Grammaticus who was prone to making up stuff.
Oh, really? Okay... I just thought I read somewhere that they didn't.

Anyway, enough about Vikings and more about Rune Factory.
Ranger
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Aw so Iris is shy around Azel? That's cute. XD

The spirit thingies are cute. The site looks really good as well.

Have they stated how many files/slots there are going to be in this game? I'm curious since how many there are will most likely affect whether or not I am going to buy a PS3.
touchmon
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Awww. The spirits are cute. Hopefully they don't function as runies.
cuc
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Melody Muse wrote:Is Marvelous in some sort of financial trouble? D: I thought I heard they went bankrupt but I don't know of a good source...

The good news is if that is the case, since they announced the game, it's pretty far in production, so hopefully won't cost them so much money to finish it all up.
The problem with Marvelous isn't any short-term financial crisis, but that it has trouble making money. The company as a whole isn't in very good shape (it loses money in some departments other than games), and in recent years the game department has published some games that has good quality yet performed terribly in market, and some games that are plainly not good. That's what caused the HM creator, Yasuhiro Wada to leave his position of the head of game department. In fact, the game department's performance has improved this year, simply by reducing the number of titles they publish. There are plenty of info about this situation to be found at sites such as Siliconera, Andriasang or the NeoGAF forum.

When it comes to RFO, what I've been worrying is how the current direction of Marvelous may affect its design. Will it still has as much content as RFF, or will they come up with schemes to shrink the game in the name of reducing production cost?

Hmm, now that we're talking about ugly truths of the business world, I may as well mention this: despite people's wishes, the chance of XSEED localizing RFO is non-existent.

Do you remember Muramasa: The Demon Blade and Arc Rise Fantasia? Both are Marvelous titles initially slated to be published by XSEED, and then switched hands to Ignition Entertainment. According to Siliconera (I find the quality of Siliconera's reports frequently sloppy, but this is the only source), the reason for that is
I don’t know if I can get away with saying too much about this, but Xseed was kind of being punished, to some extent. They wanted to light a fire under the guy who was in charge of them.
People seem to agree that XSEED consistently failed to properly market the titles they publish, and their sales numbers must have greatly disappointed Marvelous. No matter the cause, the relationship between Marvelous and XSEED has been strained. XSEED hasn't published any Marvelous game since then.
Wertville
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Do you remember Muramasa: The Demon Blade and Arc Rise Fantasia? Both are Marvelous titles initially slated to be published by XSEED, and then switched hands to Ignition Entertainment.
They'd better not get my Rune Factory >.<
I would rather have Natsume, seeing as their dubbing seems to be getting better.
Grok
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Didn't Marvelous also collaborate on Little King's story?