Rune Factory Oceans!

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
InLaLaLand
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

EraTomo wrote:I'm wondering what the main male's character is like from that image.
Looks like he likes fruit. lol mmm apples! ^_^
NNescio
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

XxWizardxMollyxX14 wrote:
EraTomo wrote: This guy is from a different world, and so already has his personality.
Where is everyone getting that information? I said it one time beacause someone else had also said they came from a different world, was it in one of the magazine scans(sucks at japanese)? I kind of hope they aren't from a different world...That means no reoccuring characters(that's right, I brought it up again)! I saw something on the japanese site about a different world but I think they meant that the two characters are experiencing a whole new world, being in each others bodies and all. Experiencing something other worldly as some might put it.
1) Because Cuc said so.
cuc wrote:
Nurse Fin wrote:Azel uses '俺', I think that's a first for RF protagonists. I guess he'll have a rougher/more active personality than his softy predecessors. :P
His pose and expression in that screenshot suggests a typical boyish personality.

My summary of important points:
-Azel and Sonia are somehow transmitted into a parallel world by an accident;
-In this world, they have to share a body;
-(Not in Famitsu.com, based on other reports of the magazine article) when Azel gets too close to other girls, Sonia will feel jealous, and vice versa.

There are some huge implications... I'll just point out one thing: Rune Factory's old plot device of keeping the protagonist and the player on even footing is to make the protagonist an amnesia, essentially a blank state. Now they are using the OTHER time-honored plot device, sending Azel and Sonia to a parallel world. I suppose this way they don't have to be amnesia, and can have a more fleshed out personality.

If you want to read more, the game news site "Andriasang" has English translations of currently available info:
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/1 ... irst_look/
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/1 ... onus_item/
2) I can vouch for him, using a different source than his.
男女ふたりの主人公でプレイできる

アゼルとソニアは異世界に飛ばされた際、ひとつの体にふたつの意識を持った状態になる。外見はアゼルだが、その体にはソニアの意識も入っており、男女両方の視点で冒険が楽しめる。もちろん恋愛、結婚といった要素もあり。
Both male and female protagonists are playable.

As Azel and Sonia are swept into a new world, they now share a single body with two minds. (Outward) Appearance-wise, the body looks like Azel's, but since Sonia's consciousness resides in the same body, the game (lit: adventure) can be enjoyed from both male and female points of view. Of course, romance, marriage and similar elements are also present.

[Translation End.]

3) It's obvious that Azel and Sonia came from a different world. There's nothing metaphorical about that. As they are now in a world that is different from where they came from, it's possible that they have entered the RF world. As such, reoccurring characters are still possible. This is highly likely as the Viviaju/DSC family appear to be present in RFO as well.

Capiche?
XxWizardxMollyxX14
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

^Edit: You know what, I'm tired !? Forget this post I have decided I like your answer, Thank-you. Since I can't read japanese I have to use a translator(so sad...)so it kind of sounded metaphorical and it obviously wasn't obvious or I never would have asked that question. I may be blonde but I am definitaly not an idiot (not the same thing :shifty: ) but yeah, what you said in number three was basically what I said in a different post.
Last edited by XxWizardxMollyxX14 on Oct 19, 2010 6:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Melody Muse
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I am glad to see solid posts on the information, since I could not find them either. Thanks!

Although, since we ace seen pictures of the girl running around, there must be a way for her body to show instead of his.... Well that is my guess anyway, unless it is just to show whose consciousness is currently in control, but that tends to be a confusing way to do so.
XxWizardxMollyxX14
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I want to know how they are able to switch bodies. Perhaps they need an item or maybe there is a specific time or place/point or maybe they can do it whenever (hehe) Ah, so many questions in so little time, but I guess we'll have to wait :P
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

NNescio wrote: As Azel and Sonia are swept into a new world, they now share a single body with two minds. (Outward) Appearance-wise, the body looks like Azel's, but since Sonia's consciousness resides in the same body, the game (lit: adventure) can be enjoyed from both male and female points of view. Of course, romance, marriage and similar elements are also present.
That sounds really funny. Poor Sonia stuck inside the body of some guy. But yeah there are pictures of Sonia running (and fighting) around. So maybe you only have to be Azel for part of the game and then you can be Sonia if you want.
Nurse Fin
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

No, I think you'll be able to change whenever you want. My bet is still that it's going to be similar to human-monster transformation in RF3. Can't do it in front of other people, but it's a feature unlocked super early on.
XxWizardxMollyxX14
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

^Sounds kewl *hasn't actually played RF3 yet, too poor -_-'*
Melody Muse
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

What I'd love to know, as unlikely as it is, if this body switching and gender bending could possible lead to some gay and lesbian possibilities... I mean, I know it's easy to draw the line as not, but at least a guy and a girl in the same body is "toeing the line" more than if they were two separate people, you know?

Ah well, I can dream, can't I?
XxWizardxMollyxX14
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

dreaming is the only thing that keeps my sonia/brodik pair together. How do you guys say sonia's name? I pronounce it(sewn-ya) but my firend pronounces it (sun-ya) and now it's really bugging me.
Melody Muse
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

XxWizardxMollyxX14 wrote:dreaming is the only thing that keeps my sonia/brodik pair together. How do you guys say sonia's name? I pronounce it(sewn-ya) but my firend pronounces it (sun-ya) and now it's really bugging me.
I think it's "so-n-ya" (same as "sewn-ya"). Well, to be more accurate, according to naming websites, it's said like "SOHN-yah".
LiliaoftheWind
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

XxWizardxMollyxX14 wrote:dreaming is the only thing that keeps my sonia/brodik pair together. How do you guys say sonia's name? I pronounce it(sewn-ya) but my firend pronounces it (sun-ya) and now it's really bugging me.
Sahn-iya is how I've always pronounced it.
Melody Muse wrote:
I think it's "so-n-ya" (same as "sewn-ya"). Well, to be more accurate, according to naming websites, it's said like "SOHN-yah".
it's kinda the same-ish
Lexy Jenrex
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Looking at the katakana(ソニア)
I'd guess it's pronounced Sony-a.

In the end the names will be changed around when translated anyhow. xD
Melody Muse
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Looking at the Katakana it would be So-ni-a. But I am guessing it "should" be said as Sonia, not the Japanese trying to say Sonia, you know?

But ah well. Not like we can know. XD
Doodleniks
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Melody Muse wrote:Oh, the times are different? I missed where that has been said.

Of course, the RFs have been at different times, technically, and still had reoccurring characters. I don't think the times can be THAT different, because the clothing and building style looks the same; if it is some significant time into the future, I'd think society would of shown more obvious signs of advancement.
I was really referring to the other games. The times must be different for at least Rune Factory 2 and 1/Frontier, because Cecilia is grown up in RF2. What I was saying is that it's impossible for all our favorite characters to appear as bachelors/bachelorettes because of the timeline and such.

I pronounce Sonia like 'sonic', expect with an a on the end.

EDIT: No, wait, I lied. I pronounce the 'o' differently. I don't really know how to describe it. =.=