Rune Factory Oceans!

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Ranger
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Well, I don't know. A lot of us are/were pretty excited about being able to FINALLY play as an adult(?) female protagonist. Of course, since we have limited selection compared to the male protagonist, that's a bit of a downer...but it's a step in the direction a lot of us are hoping for.

Personally, I'm pretty excited for this game in that I really like Sonia and I'm eager to meet Odette, Iris, Electra, Sara, James, and James' sister.
Nurse Fin
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yeah, I was...

but that was over a month ago...

They haven't followed up on ANYTHING. Seriously. Teasing works to an extent, but after a while you just get bored and move on to something that actually gives you what you want. Marvelous is so far doing a horrible job at trying to sell this product, they basically expect everyone to buy the magazines and give vague blog "updates" as an excuse for an official website. "There is a bath" well no duh, every Rune Factory game has a bath, it would be news if there WASN'T one. "There are marriageable characters". No duh. It just doesn't count as an update to me.
Last edited by Nurse Fin on Nov 21, 2010 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mmq
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

wow i didnt realise the extent of their teasing. thats why its good to not pay attention to these things. whenever you come back, there's something new!
XxWizardxMollyxX14
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Eh...after reading everyone's comments I'm starting to dislike the teasing... Hopefully they will start releasing useful/good information next time. Maybe marvelous will soon learn the errors of their way...Still, I do hope and expect that this will be a good game, just y'know, that they start releasing better/useful updates.
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Eh, I don't mind so much. But that's because I have RF3 to focus on. If there isn't any real news by the time I start getting bored with that game I will be very unhappy.
Mist_Cutie
Disabled: User Name Change

Post  Posted:

Nurse Fin wrote:Yeah, I was...

They haven't followed up on ANYTHING. Seriously. Teasing works to an extent, but after a while you just get bored and move on to something that actually gives you what you want. Marvelous is so far doing a horrible job at trying to sell this product, they basically expect everyone to buy the magazines and give vague blog "updates" as an excuse for an official website. "There is a bath" well no duh, every Rune Factory game has a bath, it would be news if there WASN'T one. "There are marriageable characters". No duh. It just doesn't count as an update to me.
Agreed. I've been checking back for a while now to see if there are new updates for RFO, and man are they trying this teasing thing too hard.

too. hard.

if it wasn't for this 40-page long thread, I would've already forgotten about the game already lol
touchmon
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Nurse Fin wrote:Yeah, I was...

I agree with this. They aren't releasing enough information so my attention is waning a bit. Sure I'm still looking it up every now and then but I've focused my attention on some other games that look promising to me. Come on. Give us more information. Even a look at the farming system will do...
Nurse Fin
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Maybe they will get their act together for Jump Festa, but the current rate they're going at really sucks. It feels so disorganized for a game that is supposedly very far into development.

What they should have done within a couple weeks of announcement:
1) Promotional video-- whether it's the opening animation, or a couple minutes of video montage. This should be one of the first things announced actually.
2) Give the big basic details that people care about-- they did most of this thankfully (available platforms, multiple protagonist, etc)
3) Have a website prepared with a short paragraph describing the premise of the story, and a character page with the two protagonists and a short description of their roles and personalities
4) Update aforementioned website every week with legit updates, release info on 1-2 characters at a time, and maybe detail info on cool game features every other week (or more often, depending how big the game is). I'm sure there's enough content to last 16-18 weeks. The blog should be reserved for development commentary

And before you go "no! spoilers!" for point #1, if they had a video released from the get-go, with some unknown characters people would be more curious wondering who they are... it would generate more discussion among the fanbase. The hype for Rune Factory 3 was built up so much better because of this (and a decent website!)
Icewings
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

And the current website sucks. A lot. It's not even formatted entirely correctly iirc; it's a HUEG screen with tiny pics in the corner. wat
bond007106
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Ranger wrote:She looks like the typical RF loli wife to me. Maybe shorter than Odette, but hey if girls like Uzuki and the Irises can get married despite how young they look...than I don't see how she can't. :3
Hmm, that's not quite a precise comparison, though.
Uzuki may have been very short and thin, but her face wasn't really all that 'child-like'.
And Iris was quite a bit taller. Plus of course there's the whole 'actually centuries old' thing...
NNescio
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

bond007106 wrote:
Ranger wrote: ...And Iris was quite a bit taller. Plus of course there's the whole 'actually centuries old' thing...
For some reason this seems to be rather common among vampire characters. (or vampire-like characters.)
coolcat10189
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Any good updates recently? From what I've read, no I'm guessing.
Melody Muse
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

NNescio wrote:
bond007106 wrote:
Ranger wrote: ...And Iris was quite a bit taller. Plus of course there's the whole 'actually centuries old' thing...
For some reason this seems to be rather common among vampire characters. (or vampire-like characters.)
On the loli wife/legail jailbait thing...
Don't forget the regular HM cast, that tend to take that to extreme. Sage especially looks very young, imho, but she is several hundred years old, I believe. Then there's the HG and WP (who look young in some artwork), for regular lifespans but looking young there is Leia, Chihiro, Luna, etc, and you have quite a slew of Legal Jailbaits by Marvelous. (Then again the artstyle in several of their games doesn't help their case at all. XD)

RF does seem to have less though, probably in part due to having a more "realistic" style. I never really thought the Iris' looked particularly young, but that was just me, and I can see how they would. (Maybe it's because they are pouring what looks like wine in their official RFF artwork? I mean I don't think tomato juice is in nice bottles like that.) Then again I've always wondered if the case of growing Ceci up to marry her counted or not... :shifty:

Or maybe it's because Candy is subject to my perverse asexual cuddlelust that I feel a need to say that. XD
NNescio
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Melody Muse wrote:
NNescio wrote:
bond007106 wrote:
Don't forget the regular HM cast, that tend to take that to extreme. Sage especially looks very young, imho, but she is several hundred years old, I believe. Then there's the HG and WP (who look young in some artwork), for regular lifespans but looking young there is Leia, Chihiro, Luna, etc, and you have quite a slew of Legal Jailbaits by Marvelous. (Then again the artstyle in several of their games doesn't help their case at all. XD)

RF does seem to have less though, probably in part due to having a more "realistic" style. I never really thought the Iris' looked particularly young, but that was just me, and I can see how they would. (Maybe it's because they are pouring what looks like wine in their official RFF artwork? I mean I don't think tomato juice is in nice bottles like that.) Then again I've always wondered if the case of growing Ceci up to marry her counted or not... :shifty:

Or maybe it's because Candy is subject to my perverse asexual cuddlelust that I feel a need to say that. XD
I think the HM lolis have something to do with a different but related matter.
Melody Muse
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

NNescio wrote:
Melody Muse wrote:
NNescio wrote:
bond007106 wrote:

I think the HM lolis have something to do with a different but related matter.
Hmm. Good point, although I'm still not entirely convinced on Luna and Leia, personally. XD But otherwise I agree.