RF4 Character & General Info Thread (UPDATES / Next: ??)

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
soluna
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

We've now reached the 500th page! I doubt we'll ever get to 1,000, but it's nice we got this far anyway, considering the RF3 Gen. Info thread only got to page fourteen.

So, happy 500th page! I would still be prettying up the first post if I wasn't busy!

And now to disappear again for another 20 pages.
Last edited by soluna on Mar 28, 2012 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

500 pages woohoo

Personally, it would be amusing if the red head was an elf who had more of a high maintenance but calm sort of personality. So far, a lot of the female elves had been more varied in personality.

Tabatha = motherly, prioritizes personal morals and nature over wealth (she was queen of the Dark Elf Country but she let Minerva take over for now)

Cecilia (RF2) = calm but very curious, retained the influence from Raguna to the point Kyle reminded her of him, dutiful with a lot of influence from Tabatha as a maid.

Daria = Zany, creative, adventurous and is willing to speak out her mind.

Ganesha = laid back, carefree and someone who loves her job

Maerwen = very cold, although remains dutiful to Beatrix and Electra out of the fact she's like an adopted member of their family. Had a more family-like relationship with Electra.

Margaret = serious but caring musician, an older sister type

Illuminator = She could be like Daria, idk. But the JP RF4 wikipedia page describes her as a "bumbling detective" so she could be like Evelyn, but awkward as a detective.

Eh, the male elves in RF haven't shown any variety in personality

Jake and Orland were both ice cold until they both softened up in gen 2, Marco was the obligatory neighbor kid and Egan was sort of flat.
Ichikins
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

If Illuminator is the bumbling detective (Inspector Clouseau style) then if the red headed man is related to her, I'd envision him as the responsible type that balances out their personalities. I wouldn't want him to be a nag per se, but more like funny clean freak style. Like if you went into his room everything would be all tidy and sparkly, while her room looks like an explosion of junk, but she'd have everything labeled because of some sort of detective OCD.
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I disagree D:.

I think out of four male elves there have been at least 3 and a half personality types. Sure Egan and Macro aren't very outstanding characters but they are nothing like Jake and Orland and nothing like each other. Meaning there is obviously variety among them. Even Orland and Jake aren't the same character trope. Anti social, racist, better than you, fighter guys are a different character type than anti social, I think I'm superior to you, wanna be someone important, scholarly types (Orland is kind of racist too. But not nearly as much. He seems to be racist not because he has an actual problem with humans but more so because he wants to feel superior to others so that's just one of the many ways he does it.).

Anyways I don't want another responsible person. Make redhead a crazy guy XD.

Yay 500. That's crazy. The ToD thread stopped at around 350. And it went on until after the game had come out in Japan. This still has months before it will be out :0.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Who is this Red Head everyone keeps talking about?
Cherry Blossom
Disabled: By request

Post  Posted:

Redhead crazy guy. Do want.

Yaaaay for 500 pages~
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:Who is this Red Head everyone keeps talking about?
The guy in the lower right corner of this screen shot of Frey and the bachelors
Spoiler:
We assume that he is the red head in this screen shot
Spoiler:
And in some of the screen shots on this scan (sorry the first one is so huge)
Spoiler:
astro-demon
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Maybe the red-head (elf) will be the (much more sassy) Watson to Illuminator's (much more bumbling) Sherlock
:D just hope they don't make him calm/serious. Put some fire in that boy's belly! lol
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Thank you for answering me, Googaboga.

After looking at the Red Head I think he is going to be the up-beat guy, since we don't have one yet.
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

No problem. And don't worry about putting my whole user name. It's okay to shorten it :).

I think it'd be funny if Illuminator and the redhead associated with each other a lot.

Hopefully redhead is more of a wild type but if he does end up being responsible at least there is still fan man. He could fulfill the desperately needed crazy guy role.
XxWizardxMollyxX14
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I would also prefer the red head to have a little spunk. That's how I like my red-heads. But I could also see him being the serious type as well. Or, more like, he tries hard to act mature. Someone like Junpei from TMGS3. He's more himself when with his friends (playful) but tries to act mature to impress the player (mostly Frey). But still, I just prefer fiery/crazy.
choimy007
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Shayde wrote:I don't care. My mind can't seem to accept Ventuswill as female. xD
I know!! I always thought Ventuswill would kind of look like this
Spoiler:
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Did you draw that? It's amazing *o* :heart:.

Humaniod dragons are so cool. If there was ever a bachelor like that he'd instantly be my favorite forever.

Man now I'm depressed Ventuswill is female XD.
XxWizardxMollyxX14
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Like others, I still don't accept it. I just- s/he looks like an old man to me in their dragon form. It's just weird to me...
Dude, if Ventuswill ends up being a special candidate for the guys then what do us girl's get D:<?
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm not gonna count on that. It just doesn't seem like that's gonna happen. Although it would make sense as to why they gave her a gender. They never really specified genders beforehand so it's possible they made her a girl to be a marriage candidate. I would be happy if Ventuswill (or any humanoid dragon) was a special marriage candidate. I've been waiting forevah for that option. Dragons are one of the coolest monsters.

It would be sad if there was no special bachelor. Who knows though if the guys get Ventuswill or some other special girl that doesn't mean there won't be a special guy too. It could just be someone that has not been seen at all yet.
Last edited by Googaboga on Mar 28, 2012 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.