RF4 Character & General Info Thread (UPDATES / Next: ??)

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
UnoT_Stalker
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

hi ushians

first of all sorry for my awful english, is because im translating from a dictionary and google :(

i have a question

if i play as Lest only the bachelorettes gonna show in the town? looks like the same case with Frey and the bachelors.

if is true the harem ending is guaranteed :twisted:

thanks for your help.
GenesisLove
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

No, no matter who you play as all the characters appear.
Sprinkles&Cupcakes
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Oooh, Pixiv has new fanart. :D
Spoiler:
I really like the Dylas/Frey one and the Xiaopai one. :3
Selphie-Sama
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Oh gosh that Frey/Dylas one is too cute.

And wow, that bonus looks so awesome! The art is very pretty. I wish we could get the pre-order bonus too T3T.
maydaysoup
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I remember reading, a few pages back, that there was a 4-page RF4 issue coming out in.... Famitsu, I think? Hope that someone's keeping tabs on that, because, as far as finding this kind of information goes, I haven't a clue where to look. Kudos to everyone who's brought us all this new information/translations, and great job on being so on top of the announcements! ^.^
Thanks a lot!
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It was a 4 page article in monthly Nintendo Dream (Nindori) that came out today. They always have interviews with Hashimoto on additional detail and info.

The thing is, the interview article got overshadowed by discussions in 2ch about stuff in the gameplay footage we got today. Details from the interview will probably surface in the next 2-3 days.
soluna
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Dropping in to say I might actually start updating the front page soon.
I don't know all of what I've missed, but I'll try my best. ;;orz
Sprinkles&Cupcakes
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm not sure if google translate translated this correctly but it looks like the RF4 wiki says that you can have a Cooking Festival on Spring 6, Bean throwing festival in Spring 10, Thanksgiving Day on Spring 19, and a Turnip Festival on Summer 11. :D

I'm going to assume these were the festivals Lest was looking at in the gameplay video. :D

I wonder if you'll be the judge in the cooking contest or the one that cooks.
Hmm... I suppose you'll be the cook to make things more fun. Or being able to choose between the two.
GenesisLove
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

lol, what? A turnip festival in the summer? I know the MCs can grow things all year long but what about everyone else?XD
Sprinkles&Cupcakes
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Well, It's not like they said it was a festival where you grew turnips and they got judged.
I mean, it could always be a turnip-throwing festival. :lol:
Or a festival dedicated to Mist.
GenesisLove
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Like the tomato fight festival in...what was it? HM 64? BTN?
Reminds me of RFFs final battle. Mist: Oh, everyone's gathered...Is it some kind of festival today?:O Raguna: We all came to save you, Mist! Mist: Oh! Then today must be the Mist festival!:D Raguna: Mist...D: Mist: I'm just kidding.;D
So many reasons to love Mist.<3
Sprinkles&Cupcakes
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I think it was HM64?
The festival looked pretty fun from what I saw on a youtube video.
Hiding behind crates and throwing tomatoes at your opponents. xD

Turnips must hurt though. What if they hit you with their pointy end? Ouch.
Though, it's a fantasy game so I guess there's no need to worry. xD

Agreed about Mist.
Her ditzyness makes her so cute and lovable. x3
I wonder if there will be a reference about her?
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I know for sure it is in BtN but it might also be in 64.

Looks like they are going with some RF3 festivals. I wasn't a big fan of those. But they have some classic RF festival choices too so that makes me glad. If I had to choose though I'd probably pick a festival I could win over something like the Thanksgiving Festival. Hopefully later on in the game you can afford to have all of them.
Sprinkles&Cupcakes
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

If I had to make a list on the festivals I want Neverland to bring back, it'd be like this:
  • Quiz Festival(Frontier) - I found it entertaining and funny at the same time. I'm not really a fan of those type of trivia thingies, but this one was special~ I also loved how Mist acted every turn.
  • Coming of Age day(Frontier) - I really liked searching for that turnip. xD I kinda hope it's sorted differently if it ever comes back though. No matter how long it took, if you selected the golden turnip first and didn't touch the others you would be chosen as the winner.
  • Lantern Festival(Tides) - Choosing the wishes was a neat feature. Plus the mock-marrying event made it funny.
  • Fireworks Festival(Tides) - It was a nice romantic festival, no?
  • Warrior Festival(Tides) - Hitting the dolls with different weapons was fun.
  • Wooly Festival(RF3) - It was fun running around with crazy weapons and shaving a wooly. x3
  • Dance Festival(RF2) - I never played that game, but I think RF4 should add a festival like that. Romantic festivals like this one haven't really appeared a lot. They could also make it something like a Royal Ball since you're a princess.
And for a guess on the festivals that will probably appear, I guess the fishing festival, beach festival, new years and best seasonal crop festivals will return.

I hope the bargain days and haggling come back to this game. Same thing for the trends.
Bargains were convenient when you didn't have money or needed to raise your crafting skill in ToD.
I also hope that crafting/cooking/forging in other people's houses comes back. It was a convenient feature when starting out too~

And one last thing. I wonder if you'll be able to remove/change festivals after purchasing them. ._.
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I agree with all those festivals except maybe the wooly one and the fireworks one. The wooly festival wasn't as fun as some of the other RF3 festivals in my opinion and I'd rather have a starry night festival than fireworks. That's just what I think though.

Well it's possible when you order a festival it's just for one day and you have to order it again if you want to do it again. That would be kind of a bummer though. I hope it's a permanent fixture. Either that or it's not too hard to get Prince Points so I can buy a lot of festivals each year.