RF4 Character & General Info Thread (UPDATES / Next: ??)

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Sprinkles&Cupcakes
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Jeez Cherry, you shouldn't copy my plans. :'c

Well, XSeed could always make a comeback.
Or Natsume might be a bit too busy translating LoB, so they decide to buy the rights to localization it when they're almost finished with LoB.
But then another company buys the rights to translate it before Natsume gets to buy them.

I should stop making crazy theories. xD

I wonder if they'll ever show Xiao, Kiel, Arthur and Kohaku's embarassed faces. :c
XxWizardxMollyxX14
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I very highly doubt Xseed will make a comeback. They didn't get along well with marvelous and Neverland at all.
They often translate RF games and HM games at the same time so I don't see them putting one or the other off either. Marvelous seems to like natsume so if natsume wants the rights to localize they'll probably get them.

Kiel already seems to have a permanent blush already, there's not much to change XD But I agree, I'm eager to see more blush faces.

Dream-breaker Molly out!
SilentPsycho
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

My save files will just be that, a file which can be written over as many times as I want. I eventually plan to marry Bishnel, Dylas, Forte, and Fan-Man, but I'll probably add more onto that list depending on events and personalities ingame.

Alas, since I'm in the UK, I'll probably have to wait an extra year or two on top of how long it takes for Natsume to localise it in the US. That is, if Rising Star does not suddenly decide that it's "not on the table"...
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Natsume's a small company but what I like is how they're more keen in appealing to the HM/RF fanbase.

That's sometimes not the case with bigger companies. Like Capcom's hessitation to localize the Sengoku Basara games. Or Bamco's "These games got to sell a lot" mindset with Tales. They didn't localize anything Tales related after Vesperia until fan demand and consideration got them to localize and release Graces F. Xillia getting a stateside release is still uncertain and whether or not it'll have one is based on how well Graces F did in the west.
Shayde
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm still sad they won't localize Tales of Vesperia on the ps3. I want Flynn permanently in my party. T_T

oh well.

Sadly, I'd rather have RF4 first then LOB. xD
Pororing
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

So I'm not the only one bummed about Vesperia PS3? x3 Nah, I'm more bummed by the fact that Bamco outright lied, or so the Tales Of fanbase claims... *shrugs* Still want to know what's up with Bamco not localizing Tales Of, though. But another topic for another day!

I kinda want both games to come out...because my 3DS can't just play Abyss all year >.>
Shayde
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Another game I'm crying over them refusing to localize is Luminous Arc 3: Eyes. T___T

Why wasn't I born in japan? T_T

I could play RF4 and LOB in their true glory, and soon.

*sits around now waiting for more news or at least some more gameplay videos*
Pen
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Oh! More lists! I'll probably woo everyone on my first two save files (one as Lest and one as Frey) unless that's impossible, in which case the third file comes in! Yay~ But this is what it's looking like for now-

File 1- Vishnal or Dylas (personality is important to me so I'm not 100% yet)
File 2- Dolce or Xiaopai (I murdered her name, didn't I?)
File 3- Back-up :D

This is without including fan-man, braids, and red-head given we know next to nothing about them.
maydaysoup
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Ehh....

1 : Frey play-through. If possible, woo E'RYONE. Marry Arthur, most likely, though not certainly.
2 : File used as a back-up file, or if I want to marry more than one person as any given gender and, for some strange reason, feel bad overriding either of my other saves. That, or if I want to screw around and experience all the convos, including jealousy phrases or post-marital confessions with other girls (the ones in RF3 were rather amusing), without ruining my serious files.
3 : Lest play-through. Again, mega-hit on everything that breathes. I'm not sure as to who (whom?) I'll marry, though... I really like Xiaopai, but am naturally less enthused about any specific lady, being a female hetero and all. We shall see. Let the event-wars begin.

I'm fine with deleting any save file, so I can have as many play-throughs as I desire. This may change, though, as post-marital ongoings become a big deal, and I want to start a new game, but continue pursuing a family life in parallel files.
maydaysoup
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Oh... A double post.... So sorry.... ;______;
:oops:
Shayde
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

meh. it happens, May. no problem.

I love how with no update, we've turned to lists. Ah lists, the eternal companions.

Honestly, this is the first time I think I will enjoy replaying RF and marrying all the different characters. Though It'll be interesting to see how that works out with the boyfriend/girlfriend system.
maydaysoup
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I hope that you aren't automatically thrust into a lover's state, and you can't just marry someone without breaking it off with the rest of the harem. They better implement an optional confession and break-up system, or it would be very strange. I'm not holding my breath, though, as it's likely to be too much work for them. xD
Shayde
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

maydaysoup wrote:I hope that you aren't automatically thrust into a lover's state, and you can't just marry someone without breaking it off with the rest of the harem. They better implement an optional confession and break-up system, or it would be very strange. I'm not holding my breath, though, as it's likely to be too much work for them. xD
well. it is possible to break up with your girl/boyfriend. not sure if you have to confess, but you probably would. The game needs a way to acknowledge the transition from friend to lover, after all.
Tiptoze
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Selphie-Sama wrote:
ValkyrieCain123 wrote: sexy Dylas (uhh this one was actually a gift for someone xD)
http://th00.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2 ... 4yi8yy.jpg
Oh « Snuggly Bunny ». That is really sexy :neutral:
Anyway! Speaking of three, Rune Factory 4 will have three save slots.
WOAH THREE SAVE SLOTS!?

Alrighty, File 1 Dylas; File 2 Purple-braids; File 3 Kiel. Mwahaha.
3 SAVE SLOTS?! *dies of happiness*
/NO DON'T DIE TIPPY!
/*dies anyway* xD

But srsly...3 SAVE SLOTS?! Tjis game is probabaly going to be my new fav RF....well 4 is actually my fav #. xD
Sprinkles&Cupcakes
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Tiptoze wrote:But srsly...3 SAVE SLOTS?!
15 save slots like the ones on ToD would've been better though. :c
/hit

Just kidding, just kidding~
Quality over quantity. :D

I think someone translated the asking out choices once and there was a confess option?
My memory might fail me though.