RF4 Character & General Info Thread (UPDATES / Next: ??)

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Sprinkles&Cupcakes
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kohaku and Dylas sound just like I expected them to sound.
I kinda thought Kohaku's voice was going to be a bit more "kawaii-ish" though.
It's a relief she doesn't have a voice like she inhaled helium. xD
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Checked the site layout again and did a hypothesis through MS paint. It actually fits six rows and three columns at maximum, not seven. Perhaps the existing character page is just for the MCs and the candidates.

From what we know so far, there are 8 villagers most likely, maybe more. idk.

Illuminator
Rinfa
Volkanon
Nancy
Jones
Middle aged dwarf dude with the monsters from the trailer
Old lady whose sprite first appeared in last month's Nindori
Mysterious sprite beside red head who doesn't look like Illuminator's
Chef in the cafe
Last edited by Daisuke Tsubasa on Mar 23, 2012 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I can't tell does that list include the chef guy we saw in the screen shot with Margret? He's probably a villager too since he doesn't seem like a sub-character to me.
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Googaboga wrote:I can't tell does that list include the chef guy we saw in the screen shot with Margret? He's probably a villager too since he doesn't seem like a sub-character to me.
Ah, thanks for reminding. Edited chef guy into the list. Yeah, he's a villager most likely and the owner of the cafe, he's been seen in multiple screenshots in the same place. His sprite gives me heavy DSC dad vibes. If you look closer into the sprite, it sort of looks like he has a goatee.
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yeah it does look like he has a goatee.

I'd like if he was DSC and the cafe owner. One of my RF OCs was a DCS who runs a restaurant. So many of them are big eaters that seems like a great business for them XD.
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It's most likely the DSC dad who runs it, the cafe has such a sophisticated/noble look to it compared to Blaise's diner which is more casual.

Also, some guys from 2ch speculate that the sprite with the guy sporting the cat ears with his arms crossed and the fan guy are the same person. It is possible. Both the anime shot and the sprite's skin tone matches along with the hair color. And whose to say the sprite "really" does have cat ears? For all we know, it could just be some goofy hat. DSC characters have been known to be eccentric. And Kohaku and Dylas look like the only half monster candidates based on the game's cover. No other sprite we've seen from recent screenshots fits fan guy but the earlier Doki Doki zoom screenshot.
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I forget who it was but I know someone this site said the same thing about fan guy and cat guy being the same person. I think it's a good theory. But we never saw Arthur anywhere besides the opening until he was officially announced so it's possible fan guy's sprite is still yet to be seen.
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yeah, true. Although from the screenshot in the trailer, we dont see half past his eyes. While the possibility remains open, best we can do is wait until we get official unveiling.

Right, so March is coming to an end soon. Based on the existing patterns which may have proved valid to an extent ::

April
May
June
July

April, we'll probably get another character update around the 7th to 16th of Famitsu, given that so much of that info is covered in Nintendo Dream monthly but with an interview from Hashimoto.

May and June's updates will probably be more about :: the farming system, the town itself, the shops, the dungeons and bosses aside Dylas and Kohaku, and more preview screenshots from the Doki Doki Zoom events. July will focus mostly on more preview screenshots or publicity stuff leading up to the 19th.

So far, updates have been on a roll.
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Wow the release date seems so much further away all of the sudden D:. I guess cause four months is so long and I hadn't counted how many months were left (it's not a full four months but there is still a bit of March left so it is pretty close). But at least there has been a nice stream of updates.

Anyways I hope they show more characters next month. Then maybe they fan guy mystery will be solved.
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

They probably will. The pattern sort of confirmed itself with this month's Nintendo Dream and the Famitsu from the 15th.

Actually, the past two months flew by pretty quick for me. And it doesn't seem too far off now if you compare it to when we got news on the 8th of February.

They'll probably unveil the last set of characters next month so they can get over the other updates for May and June (bosses, shops, new items, marriage life, new crops, ect). They'll mostly have that event around May-June that RF3 and RFO had before their release, aka that press conference by Marvelous which featured all the seiyuu along with food based on the characters.
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yeah but I'm going through that part of the pre-release motions where it feels like the game will never come out. Normally it happens closer to the release date but since this game had a longer than normal push back it's happening in advanced XD.

Hmm unveil the last set of characters eh? Well until then I'm still hoping for some special marriage candidate that hasn't been seen at all yet.
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Googaboga wrote:Yeah but I'm going through that part of the pre-release motions where it feels like the game will never come out. Normally it happens closer to the release date but since this game had a longer than normal push back it's happening in advanced XD.

Hmm unveil the last set of characters eh? Well until then I'm still hoping for some special marriage candidate that hasn't been seen at all yet.
Not really last set, just my speculation. Idk...this game seems to have more villagers than TOD so there's probably more to future updates.

I wouldn't worry. Pre-release updates vary, honestly. Tales of Xillia for example. They had the entire party unveiled by MAY and the game came out in September of last year. If you're wondering what I mean about the press conferences, here's a reminder.

http://www.4gamer.net/games/094/G009494/20090917100/

TOD had something like that too like a month or two before its release.
SilentPsycho
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Googaboga wrote:I forget who it was but I know someone this site said the same thing about fan guy and cat guy being the same person. I think it's a good theory. But we never saw Arthur anywhere besides the opening until he was officially announced so it's possible fan guy's sprite is still yet to be seen.
T'was me. I still hold true to this theory!

...Admittedly, most of it is a wish for a cat-bachelor, but I can still hope! ;)
XxWizardxMollyxX14
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kohaku's seiyuu bugs the « Puppy Doodoo » out of me. But I like Dylas' he sounds cute and familiar...

Dylas sounds great so far, I can't wait to hear more about him. :heart:
Ichikins
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

The seiyuu for Dylas sounds pretty much like how I expected him to sound. He has the calm/stoic voice that doesn't seem to get easily excited. The deeper voice suits him since he's the most manly looking bachelor. I wish we could hear what he sounds like when he's flustered. I think I'd involuntarily squee at my computer if that sound bite was posted.

I also like that there will be a vast amount of ai to interact with instead of just the random "nobody" characters that appear in RF3.