RF4 Discussion II -- NOW AVAILABLE!

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Nurse Fin wrote:Same here, 4 is the best RF I've played. First one to top RFF, which was actually my first RF game ^^'
Same.

ESPECIALLY with the character events in general. Previous installments can't compare at all.
ZhangKhaiEn
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

I am willing to permanently give up a few luxuries in exchange for a Rune Factory with the deep and complex gameplay of RF4 and the character quirkiness and lovability of RF3.

And imo aside from the bland-ish characters (quite negative) and non-console graphics (not really a negative), RF4 is top contender for everything that is beautiful in videogaming. In short, it is the best Rune Factory.
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Haha :lala:

Before I forget, Zhang, one question :: how do I dispel the barrier in the north western most area of Leon Karnak?

I remember defeating a Mimic in the most north western block in my Forte file to dispel the barrier in the room following it but when I do the same thing for my Dolce/Meg files, it doesn't work.
runefactor
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

ZhangKhaiEn wrote:I am willing to permanently give up a few luxuries in exchange for a Rune Factory with the deep and complex gameplay of RF4 and the character quirkiness and lovability of RF3.

And imo aside from the bland-ish characters (quite negative) and non-console graphics (not really a negative), RF4 is top contender for everything that is beautiful in videogaming. In short, it is the best Rune Factory.
It is interesting to see someone finds the characters in RF4 blandish. I have only read compliments to the cast before.
ZhangKhaiEn
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Daisuke Tsubasa wrote:Haha :lala:

Before I forget, Zhang, one question :: how do I dispel the barrier in the north western most area of Leon Karnak?

I remember defeating a Mimic in the most north western block in my Forte file to dispel the barrier in the room following it but when I do the same thing for my Dolce/Meg files, it doesn't work.
You mean the room below the mimic area? The one where there's a barrier between the top and bottom part?

Simply destroy the wooden box. It will deactivate the switch underneath allowing you to pass.

EDIT: btw defeating that mimic awards you a treasure chest; it doesn't dispel any barriers.
Last edited by ZhangKhaiEn on Sep 09, 2012 10:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ZhangKhaiEn
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

runefactor wrote:
ZhangKhaiEn wrote:I am willing to permanently give up a few luxuries in exchange for a Rune Factory with the deep and complex gameplay of RF4 and the character quirkiness and lovability of RF3.

It is interesting to see someone finds the characters in RF4 blandish. I have only read compliments to the cast before.
Blandish compared to the hyper quirky RF3. I call them blandish and boring because they actually feel real and alive, not cute, funny, and lovable walking stereotypes. And I did not expect nor did I want that in my Rune Factory games.
SerpentTailedAngel
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I think if they have the full three dimensions then feeling real and alive is better than being over the top stereotypes, but if you fall short of complete development than it's definitely better to go with characters like the ones in RF3.
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

ZhangKhaiEn wrote:
Daisuke Tsubasa wrote:Haha :lala:

You mean the room below the mimic area? The one where there's a barrier between the top and bottom part?

Simply destroy the wooden box. It will deactivate the switch underneath allowing you to pass.

EDIT: btw defeating that mimic awards you a treasure chest; it doesn't dispel any barriers.
Ah...yes...I think I remember taking out a wooden box in my Forte file...which area is it again? Oh and Zhang, I took some pics of Dolce's jealousy dialogue...think you can translate?
Spoiler:
Dolce basically asks the player what's up ::

There are two choices...うん and ううん ...

If the player chooses うん ::

If it's ううん ::

ZhangKhaiEn
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

I'll translate after I climb down the mountain :shock:
am using 3G on a phone to browse fogu (‘∀’●)
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

SerpentTailedAngel wrote:I think if they have the full three dimensions then feeling real and alive is better than being over the top stereotypes, but if you fall short of complete development than it's definitely better to go with characters like the ones in RF3.
Even if I can't read all of the dialogue, they feel very real to me. Maybe that's why I like the cast so much?

I hate almost all of RF3's cast...save a few of them. Don't kill me Zhang D:
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

ZhangKhaiEn wrote:I'll translate after I climb down the mountain :shock:
You're still scaling the mountain at this very moment? Woah.

Climbing mountains while goin' on boards about farming video games. Interesting.
ZhangKhaiEn
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Haha, don't worry, I'm not Tippy XD
Daisuke Tsubasa wrote:

Climbing mountains while goin' on boards about farming video games. Interesting.
It's 1PM, I was having a lunch break :D
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

ZhangKhaiEn wrote:Haha, don't worry, I'm not Tippy XD
Daisuke Tsubasa wrote:

It's 1PM, I was having a lunch break :D
Ah, I see. How's the mountain side view?
Meruru
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

@Dolce's jealousy dialogue: I like how the game gives you the option of saying 'no'. :p lol at Dolce's reaction.
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm surprised you can actually get reception..when I (rarely) go somewhere rural, my phone stops working completely