Rune Factory 4 - Questions, Answers and Info Thread

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
giggled
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Mecha-Lollipop wrote:Where do I get seeds to grow weapons and dungeons? I can't find them and need to finish these requests.
On the 5th of the any season, a path down in the spring-section of the map that was originally blocked by two big mushrooms will no longer be blocked. From there you'll end up going along until you get to a cave (like the Revival Cave/Cluck-Cluck nest) called the Demon's Nest/Den (I don't remember exactly.)

You'll have to go down multiple pits that ask you questions, and to pick the 'correct' ones (aka all the ones on the left) and then you'll come in contact with a Tanuki demon who you'll fight, and once you beat him, you'll get a field dungeon seed.

Then, you grow the field dungeon seed until you can venture into it, and once you completely beat that, the end boss will drop a shield and/or sword flower seed.
Ayanami
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

acolyte wrote:
Ayanami wrote:Thanks for your answer fish-san.
I have another question here. I just found that my hoe can't till the soil fix position 4 tile panel per plot. But right now it change to till the soil freely on plot. This make me soil harder than before. How could I fix this?

Sorry for my poor english.
You're not wearing the Free Farming Shoes are you?
Oh! Is that get me a trouble? I didn't expect that!
Thanks for your help! :heart:
Mecha-Lollipop
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

giggled wrote:
Mecha-Lollipop wrote:Where do I get seeds to grow weapons and dungeons? I can't find them and need to finish these requests.
On the 5th of the any season, a path down in the spring-section of the map that was originally blocked by two big mushrooms will no longer be blocked. From there you'll end up going along until you get to a cave (like the Revival Cave/Cluck-Cluck nest) called the Demon's Nest/Den (I don't remember exactly.)

You'll have to go down multiple pits that ask you questions, and to pick the 'correct' ones (aka all the ones on the left) and then you'll come in contact with a Tanuki demon who you'll fight, and once you beat him, you'll get a field dungeon seed.

Then, you grow the field dungeon seed until you can venture into it, and once you completely beat that, the end boss will drop a shield and/or sword flower seed.
Thank you so much! I have a bit of time to wait now since I just passed the 5th but I'll make sure to try that!
RoyWater
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

I have a big problem here... I am courting Dylas, i have him at 8 hearts and when i told him i loved him he told me to meet at 10 am in the plaza and so... when i was about to go i had to leave and turned off my ds. Last time i saved was the night before so i thought i only needed to ask Dylas again and that's it but now hw doesnt accept the "i love you" dialogue he thinks im joking or something i don't get it, i have him now at 9 hearts and still nothing, what's happening? in the first place he said yes but now he doesnt want to...
RoyWater
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

I have a big problem here... I am courting Dylas, i have him at 8 hearts and when i told him i loved him he told me to meet at 10 am in the plaza and so... when i was about to go i had to leave and turned off my ds. Last time i saved was the night before so i thought i only needed to ask Dylas again and that's it but now hw doesnt accept the "i love you" dialogue he thinks im joking or something i don't get it, i have him now at 9 hearts and still nothing, what's happening? in the first place he said yes but now he doesnt want to...
rice0319
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I need roots, I have been fighting the flower lily again and again but nothing dropped, is that the correct monster that drops roots?

By the way, where do I get sword seeds and shield seeds?
giggled
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

rice0319 wrote:I need roots, I have been fighting the flower lily again and again but nothing dropped, is that the correct monster that drops roots?

By the way, where do I get sword seeds and shield seeds?
Look a few posts above, I just replied to somebody with the answer for the sword/shield seed part of your question. :heart:
Mecha-Lollipop

Post  Posted:

RoyWater wrote:I have a big problem here... I am courting Dylas, i have him at 8 hearts and when i told him i loved him he told me to meet at 10 am in the plaza and so... when i was about to go i had to leave and turned off my ds. Last time i saved was the night before so i thought i only needed to ask Dylas again and that's it but now hw doesnt accept the "i love you" dialogue he thinks im joking or something i don't get it, i have him now at 9 hearts and still nothing, what's happening? in the first place he said yes but now he doesnt want to...
Dylas is notoriously difficult. I'd save first thing in the morning and go ask him. If he doesn't accept then reset and try again. I got him to accept at 9LP.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Didn't get answered yet, is it possible to get married but not have a child in this game?
acolyte
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

If you want a step-by-step guide with pictures to get sword/shield follow the links in this thread
Lien
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:Didn't get answered yet, is it possible to get married but not have a child in this game?
I read that yes, it's possible. Apparently your spouse asks whether you want one at some point and you can tell them that you don't. They'll ask again, but I guess you can just keep telling them 'no'.
MissTiraMissSu
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Has anyone found out where Lamp Squids are? Or Rainbow Trout?
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Lien wrote:
Anonymous Fish wrote:Didn't get answered yet, is it possible to get married but not have a child in this game?
I read that yes, it's possible. Apparently your spouse asks whether you want one at some point and you can tell them that you don't. They'll ask again, but I guess you can just keep telling them 'no'.
Nice, thanks!
Kiwi
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Rainbow Trout is found in the town lake. It might be found anywhere in the town but I've only seen it in the lake and I think outside the town gate.
Emurii
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I get that resetting is the fastest way to succeed at confessing, but I'm not a big fan of breaking the fourth wall that way. I'd rather just keep confessing every day. Does anyone know if there's any point to confessing multiple times in one day, or is the first time the only chance you have? Also, does confessing freeze or slow down LP growth? I seem to be getting hearts more slowly with Dylas since I started confessing to him, even though I've started giving him milk porridge instead of sashimi.