RF4 Marriage and Confession Guide - Read OP before posting

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

-Frey- wrote:I'm just throwing this question in:
When I turn someone down after they proposed to me - the event ends.
Will there be another chance to activate the same event or does it have to be my turn to propose now? Just wondering.

Thanks in advance :)
Once you turn them down during the proposal event, there's no way to get the same event to ever trigger again. You'll have to propose to them yourself from then on. ^^
-Frey-
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

RopeMaidenKirie wrote:
Will there be another chance to activate the same event or does it have to be my turn to propose now? Just wondering.

Once you turn them down during the proposal event, there's no way to get the same event to ever trigger again. You'll have to propose to them yourself from then on. ^^
Thanks for the fast reply!
Well actually if I was turned down, I wouldn't propose again either. But I thought maybe the game mechanics would trigger it again after some time with more LP .gg.

Come to think of it - it would be pretty embarrassing for Doug to be turned down infront of everyone over and over again x3
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

-Frey- wrote:
RopeMaidenKirie wrote:

Thanks for the fast reply!
Well actually if I was turned down, I wouldn't propose again either. But I thought maybe the game mechanics would trigger it again after some time with more LP .gg.

Come to think of it - it would be pretty embarrassing for Doug to be turned down infront of everyone over and over again x3
Haha, too true!

What sucks though, is that if you turn down Dylas during his event you actually will never hear about his past from him, even if you propose to him yourself.. so that's kind of a shame :/
Meriberry
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

I finally got the last two marriage events I've been chasing, one right after the other.

I.... I feel.... I FEEL SO GUILTY FOR TURNING DOWN KIEL! D8 His event made me want to wibble, especially there at the end when he started crying too! And he just does not take the rejection that well.|D I wish the MC could explain that it's not him.... >.>

Doug's, meanwhile, is one HELL of a hilarious comedy of errors. Sort of like Dylas' was, except Doug actually tried to explain himself while poor Dylas just kept making things worse. (Though you could get everyone to yell at Dylas. That was awesome.)
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

What do you mean by "beginning of the 2nd arc" when it comes to marrying Dolce, Leon, and Dylas? Do you mean when they get their memories back? Or when you try to leave town?
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Meriberry wrote:I finally got the last two marriage events I've been chasing, one right after the other.

I.... I feel.... I FEEL SO GUILTY FOR TURNING DOWN KIEL! D8 His event made me want to wibble, especially there at the end when he started crying too! And he just does not take the rejection that well.|D I wish the MC could explain that it's not him.... >.>

Doug's, meanwhile, is one HELL of a hilarious comedy of errors. Sort of like Dylas' was, except Doug actually tried to explain himself while poor Dylas just kept making things worse. (Though you could get everyone to yell at Dylas. That was awesome.)
Yeah, Kiel really takes it super hard when you turn him down compared to the other guys D: how did you enjoy all of the events as a whole?
Anonymous Fish wrote:What do you mean by "beginning of the 2nd arc" when it comes to marrying Dolce, Leon, and Dylas? Do you mean when they get their memories back? Or when you try to leave town?
After memories.
Meriberry
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

As a whole, I was impressed by them. All the girls events save Clorica's were really amazing and gave a bit more insight to their issues. (Meg's was a pain to get, but I wanted to hug her to pieces after.) Kiel, Doug, and Vishnal were the boys I didn't have (and I went in with the thought of marrying Doug, but getting the rest of those scenes because completionist.), and there events were pretty amusing.

Kiel's had me tearing up because I know precisely how he feels. (The guilt, man. THE GUILT!) Vishnal's made me grin a lot, and Doug's had me both laughing, and comparing his approach to his snark-buddy Dylas. Doug at least TRIED to have you understand. Poor awkward Dylas kind of failed at even trying (but alternately, you could get everyone in town to yell at Dylas, which is JUST perfect. XD)
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Meriberry wrote:As a whole, I was impressed by them. All the girls events save Clorica's were really amazing and gave a bit more insight to their issues. (Meg's was a pain to get, but I wanted to hug her to pieces after.) Kiel, Doug, and Vishnal were the boys I didn't have (and I went in with the thought of marrying Doug, but getting the rest of those scenes because completionist.), and there events were pretty amusing.

Kiel's had me tearing up because I know precisely how he feels. (The guilt, man. THE GUILT!) Vishnal's made me grin a lot, and Doug's had me both laughing, and comparing his approach to his snark-buddy Dylas. Doug at least TRIED to have you understand. Poor awkward Dylas kind of failed at even trying (but alternately, you could get everyone in town to yell at Dylas, which is JUST perfect. XD)
Late reply, sorry! I totally agree, I really didn't like Clorica's event much personally. What did you think about Xiao's? I think I rank it lower than Clorica's solely because of her parents and the whole situation. I just felt so awful for her the whole entire time :( it made me angry more than anything I think.

I was really impressed with Amber's though and how emotional it was.

I think overall they did really good with the marriage events! I sure hope if there's a RF5 they'll have the same/something similar to it, but I'd like more events leading up to the big main event to flesh it out a bit more, or not having the characters ask for marriage literally RIGHT afterwards. Many were Frey/Lest helping solve a particular problem and then BAM marriage proposal. Didn't happen for all of them, like Doug/Dylas', but Leon is one example I like to use, where I actually like it better when Frey turns him down and then proposes herself later on.

Maybe something like confession > big event > proposal? That way people could see other character's events without having to try and woo them.
Meriberry
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

Oh gods, Xiao's event had me wanting to punt her parents into the lake. Who DOES THAT to their kid and thinks it's okay?!

Yeah, Amber's was pretty awesome, for all I wasn't actually interested in marrying her. She just looks and acts too young for me to feel comfortable with it.

I think of the girls events I actually liked Dolly's the best, with Meg and Forte both a close second. (Though I'd like to punt whoever's at the capital and doesn't think ladies can be knights. Feh.)Aber is right there in the middle, then Xiao and Clorica at the tail end. Clorica's was severely disappointing. I was hoping for some insight, not something that felt sort of like a running gag >.>

I like the way it worked for the girls, really. You got the event, but only Xiao's led to the immediate proposal after. I'd like it if you could have the event, then either work up to having them propose, or you propose when you're ready. Sort of how it can work in the current HM games.
rachellion
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Meriberry wrote: Clorica's was severely disappointing. I was hoping for some insight, not something that felt sort of like a running gag >.>
^ THIS. Thank you for putting into words what I could not. So much this.

I like the way the girls' proposals were handled too. It was nice to see the event and then get a hint to propose but it's not forced... although Chlorica's was MORE annoying because they hinted/tried to force it when her event was so disappointing :roll: I liked the hint at the end of Dolce, Forte, Amber, and Meg's events and I liked how part of Xiao's was her proposing to you (you go girl!).
RopeMaidenKirie wrote:Many were Frey/Lest helping solve a particular problem and then BAM marriage proposal. Didn't happen for all of them, like Doug/Dylas', but Leon is one example I like to use, where I actually like it better when Frey turns him down and then proposes herself later on.
I agree on this for Leon's and Kiel's events. It was like 'welp thanks for helping with all this stuff, let's get hitched! 8D' which was a little weird in the context of both events :lol:
GentleShark
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Thank you for this guide! Literally the (real-life) day after I unlocked the
Spoiler:
Third Arc
I triggered the bachelor proposal. Thanks again, or I would have totally have been lost! :lol:
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

rachellion wrote: I agree on this for Leon's and Kiel's events. It was like 'welp thanks for helping with all this stuff, let's get hitched! 8D' which was a little weird in the context of both events :lol:
Right? Though turning down Kiel during his event is painful. ._. I think Leon handles it the best out of all the dudes, so I definitely will give him that. But yeah, some padding between the events and reverse proposals would have been great.

lol coming into this topic makes me ache for a RF5. I really hope they're either working on it, or will in the future at least.

@GentleShark - Really glad the guide helped you! :D
mooneyn
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Hey I don't know if you guys know this already, but I figured it out last night and was so excited to tell someone. Anyway if you want to confess to someone get them in your party and head over to the house outside of the water ruins with them and if the fortune teller gives you a high number they're more likely to accept you're confession. I don't know if it's a percentage of how likely they are to accept you. But it's quick and easy and you can go on the rest of your day.
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Unfortunately it's just coincidence; many people have tried it out (including myself) and gotten the highest numbers yet they will still turn you down.

It's like the Hubba tester in Fire Emblem: Awakening; just for fun.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Well, then that's rather unfortunate. I was really excited for a second there. On the two save files where I've confessed I didn't get turned down either time. I'm just lucky I guess.