RF4 Marriage and Confession Guide - Read OP before posting

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Is the event day the same every year or does it change up if not than I found my spring event day.
Blue fantasy
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Thank you Olivia I actually managed to trigger a Knights steed thanks to you.. Now to trigger the other events...
olivia222
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:Is the event day the same every year or does it change up if not than I found my spring event day.
It changes up every year I assume
Blue fantasy wrote:Thank you Olivia I actually managed to trigger a Knights steed thanks to you.. Now to trigger the other events...
NO PROBLEM! So glad it helped! This is how I had to trigger Leon's event, so I know the pain XD good luck with the others!
KonekoNoMiMi
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Just a note that I got Kiel's 'The Red Knight' event without doing the 'Part Time Job' event beforehand. *wink*
olivia222

Post  Posted:

KonekoNoMiMi wrote:Just a note that I got Kiel's 'The Red Knight' event without doing the 'Part Time Job' event beforehand. *wink*
Well, you must've triggered it without realizing or maybe your copy of the game is special, because in order to marry Keil you MUST complete his two sub-events just to trigger "The Red Knight" (two sub events are "Knight's Steed" and "Partime job at the inn"). Sorry if that came off as rude, but having played the game myself and reading almost every wiki out there, all of them say you must have triggered these.
Kawane
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Hello! I'm either very unlucky or I missed something, but I still can't trigger Kiel's reversal proposal event.

But I'm sure that I finished both of his event (a knight steed and a part time job), have his lp on 10+ and we went on a lot of dates already.

I even tried the sleep for 7 days straight with him as my party member method countless times.

I found your post and you said that Kiel can be married off in the first arc already, does that mean I missed my chance to marry him? I finished second arc already... (he didn't accept my confession until I was in second arc)
olivia222

Post  Posted:

Kawane wrote:Hello! I'm either very unlucky or I missed something, but I still can't trigger Kiel's reversal proposal event.

But I'm sure that I finished both of his event (a knight steed and a part time job), have his lp on 10+ and we went on a lot of dates already.

I even tried the sleep for 7 days straight with him as my party member method countless times.

I found your post and you said that Kiel can be married off in the first arc already, does that mean I missed my chance to marry him? I finished second arc already... (he didn't accept my confession until I was in second arc)
DONT WORRY you have not lost your chance, you can still marry him. Try this method posted below
olivia222 wrote:Ooooo I can try and help! Here is what I do to get events:
1. Make sure you have finished any pre-requisites! - sometimes you need another event before you can trigger a different one (like marriage events). You also need to have all the people unlocked that participate in the event. If you google the event name, you should be able to find what you need to have before it can unlock.

2. Find the event day! - there are preset days in each season (about 2) that have events. Make sure you save every night before you go to bed and when you wake up and go about your day, an event might trigger. This is where you go back and reload your game from the night before!!!

3. Get your party together! - if you are able to get Kiel in your party, then do it. Ask him to join you then go to sleep. When you wake up, if he says that he has to go, an event has triggered. BUT WAIT! Play through the day and make sure it's the right event you want (it will say on the diary). If it isn't, keep reloading and sleeping until it's the event you want.

HOPE THIS HELPS!
Last edited by olivia222 on Sep 20, 2015 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kawane wrote:Hello! I'm either very unlucky or I missed something, but I still can't trigger Kiel's reversal proposal event.

Not at all! It just means he can be married as soon as the first arc (other characters like Leon cannot be married until starting the 2nd arc) but he's definitely not limited to it. Thanks for pointing out that that's a bit unclear, so when I'm on a PC next I'll reword it for better clarification. I haven't even looked at it in awhile, so I should probably go back and clear up some things in general.

Olivia's tips are basically point 2 in the tips and tricks marriage section of the guide and have come in handy quite a bit for other various people as well, so definitely try that out. Barring that though, it'll just be dumb plain luck unfortunately and a whole hell of a lot of resets (dealing with it right now with Dylas actually since I'm on a replay myself)

Good luck to you and let me know if you need any other help!
Kawane
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Thank you for the help! I will be trying the methods both of you mentioned!

Also, does any characters birthday affect the chance of a event occurring? (As a random fact, I share the same birthday as Doug in the game!)
olivia222

Post  Posted:

Kawane wrote:Thank you for the help! I will be trying the methods both of you mentioned!

Also, does any characters birthday affect the chance of a event occurring? (As a random fact, I share the same birthday as Doug in the game!)
I believe that events do not trigger on birthdays or festivals, but if you trigger one the day prior, it still continues during the festival/birthday
Kawane
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Thank you both so much for answering my questions! I finally triggered the event by finding the day in the month which event occurs and keep reloading my save file until I got his event!

Thank you again!
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kawane wrote:Thank you both so much for answering my questions! I finally triggered the event by finding the day in the month which event occurs and keep reloading my save file until I got his event!

Thank you again!
It's not a problem at all! Glad to hear it finally triggered for you! Enjoy :D
JustGotThisGame
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Can you really date at 7.1-7.9 LP? I have been trying for two days to get Xaio Pai to stop laughing off the confession. I know I could just get to 8.0 LP(actually tested it and it worked on the first reload try), but I want to do all the festivals as I get to them. Don't wanna have to wait an in-game year to finally do the Firefly Festival. I can just get to 8 LP on her b-day, but that is on the 26th while the Firefly Festival is on the 19th.
runefactor
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

JustGotThisGame wrote:Can you really date at 7.1-7.9 LP? I have been trying for two days to get Xaio Pai to stop laughing off the confession. I know I could just get to 8.0 LP(actually tested it and it worked on the first reload try), but I want to do all the festivals as I get to them. Don't wanna have to wait an in-game year to finally do the Firefly Festival. I can just get to 8 LP on her b-day, but that is on the 26th while the Firefly Festival is on the 19th.
In my experience, if they say no to you once they'll keep saying no until you raise their heart level. I think you're gonna have to wait til she has 8 LP unless you have a save with 7 LP where you didn't confess and then you can retry and reload til she says yes.
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

JustGotThisGame wrote:Can you really date at 7.1-7.9 LP? I have been trying for two days to get Xaio Pai to stop laughing off the confession. I know I could just get to 8.0 LP(actually tested it and it worked on the first reload try), but I want to do all the festivals as I get to them. Don't wanna have to wait an in-game year to finally do the Firefly Festival. I can just get to 8 LP on her b-day, but that is on the 26th while the Firefly Festival is on the 19th.
And @rune

It's all RNG from here on out. One could either be lucky or really unlucky. Iirc, even if someone says no at 7 LP, you can still get a successful confession at that heart level. However, you can't confess twice at the same day meaning if that confession fails, you'll have to wait til the next day. You can either do it once every day or just save and load then hope for the best.

Iirc, it gets much more difficult triggering a successful confession the more lovers you have. For example, confessing to your 1st love at 7 LP has a 30% chance of success. After that, if you want a 2nd lover...confessing to somebody at 7 LP has an even lower success rate at 20% and it becomes 10% if you want to confess to a third lover at that same heart level and so on.

My best bet for you is to either hope for the best or wait til you hit 8 LP if you feel confessing daily is a redundant chore. Then you can just focus on gifts til he or she reaches another heart level.