RF4s conversation (may have spoilers)

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

There’s probably a thread already but I didn’t see it active.... So hopefully this okay.

Let’s talk RF4 and try to keep certain things in spoilers.

As for me, even though I received the game on release, I just started the game today.

I:
Spoiler:
beated the first boss instantly. Now I’m just preparing for the next one. Leveling up and trying to decide who to take with me. So I’m looking up gift guides ^^ difficulty easy is still deadly O.O
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Forte is probably the only person you can take right now, unless you already got others up to level 3 FP. Or take monsters, of course :)
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Lol don’t worry Forte is NEVER leaving my sight! :P

I don’t think I have anyone else on FP 3 yet.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Well, at least monsters need no FP level to go with you as party members. :) As long as you have a monster barn built, of course, and that takes a bit too since there's so much to spend your money and lumber and stone on at first. My best monsters in the first arc were the Fairy (the plain fairy, not one of the elemental ones) and Mamadoodle. But probably any of the aggressive monsters would be better than not having anyone, even an orc or one of those ugly pincher beetle things just outside of town, since they all level up with you. But stuff like a wooly...useless for fighting. They just stand around.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

That’s my next goal. A monster barn. Then I’ll get a beetle. Lol I know woolies literally do nothing.

Getting a cooking license is going to be amusing. The last time I did it on my 3DS I died of laughter.
Secret Agent Bunny
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Get a cow. They’re awesome lol
rachellion
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

It's been interesting to replay this game so far. I forgot how silly everyone is and how charming all the characters are :)

I got through the first dungeon within my first week ingame and largely am up and running with all the craft stations/licenses and I'm not even done my first Spring. Hell, I just finished the third dungeon and it's not even the end of spring yet. I also somehow still have everyone's liked gifts mostly memorized so I have a handful of townsfolk geared up and ready to fight alongside me.
Spoiler:
I forgot how much of a gut punch that cutscene is after you save Dolce. The reveal of who the guardians are is still pretty intense, although this time it was sillier because I noticed Dolce's comatose body is just.... there while Venti is pouring her heart out :lol:
I'm playing as Lest and plan to go for Forte first, although I'm now wondering if in order to unlock all the newlywed modes it makes sense for me to split my file at some point and marry everyone? Idk how best to go about that.
PedroTheChicken
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

Yeah I upped the difficulty level on mine because I've played through this game several times and it's still pretty easy. Dylas's boss battle the first time around gave me a bit of trouble but other than that I'm like 14 levels above the recommended level atm haha.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

rachellion wrote:It's been interesting to replay this game so far. I forgot how silly everyone is and how charming all the characters are :)

I got through the first dungeon within my first week ingame and largely am up and running with all the craft stations/licenses and I'm not even done my first Spring. Hell, I just finished the third dungeon and it's not even the end of spring yet. I also somehow still have everyone's liked gifts mostly memorized so I have a handful of townsfolk geared up and ready to fight alongside me.
Spoiler:
I forgot how much of a gut punch that cutscene is after you save Dolce. The reveal of who the guardians are is still pretty intense, although this time it was sillier because I noticed Dolce's comatose body is just.... there while Venti is pouring her heart out :lol:
I'm playing as Lest and plan to go for Forte first, although I'm now wondering if in order to unlock all the newlywed modes it makes sense for me to split my file at some point and marry everyone? Idk how best to go about that.
Well the game literally gives you over 16 saved files for a reason :P
nongo
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Replaying through and has Rainbow trouts always been originally called Poison Rainbow Trouts?
I swear in the 3ds version, they're only called Rainbow trouts.
rachellion
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

nongo wrote:Replaying through and has Rainbow trouts always been originally called Poison Rainbow Trouts?
I vaguely remember it was Psn Rainbow trout on my 3DS but maybe not?
Shan O 123 wrote:Well the game literally gives you over 16 saved files for a reason
This is very true! :lol: Now I need to find out *when* I want to split the file up so I can pursue folks. I'm guessing the end of the 2nd arc is when I'll start dating everyone. I should make a Frey file too... or maybe just get far enough in a Lest file to do New Game Plus?

...does new game plus still exist in the Switch version?
Spoiler:
WELP heading into the end of the first arc. Forgot how « Snuggly Bunny » obnoxious that descent into the depths of Yokomir Forest is. That dungeon was a wake up call the first time I played and it's STILL one eesh. I beat the tree boss okay (Special thanks to Forte and Amber for being my meat shields) and am now working on beating the chimera boss... who I also forgot is a pain in the « Mr.Gourmet's hat » to beat. I need better gear....
King Ninja
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

^
How are your stats? Make sure to level up.
Pachi
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

rachellion wrote:
nongo wrote:Replaying through and has Rainbow trouts always been originally called Poison Rainbow Trouts?
I vaguely remember it was Psn Rainbow trout on my 3DS but maybe not?
I remember it as just Rainbow Trout and only learned it's poisonous because Leon talks about it a lot :lol:
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It was localized as just 'rainbow trout' in English on 3DS (at least in North America...dunno about the PAL region or elsewhere). I think it was known as poison rainbow trout in Japanese, though, so maybe they just chose to reword the localization a little?
nongo
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:It was localized as just 'rainbow trout' in English on 3DS (at least in North America...dunno about the PAL region or elsewhere). I think it was known as poison rainbow trout in Japanese, though, so maybe they just chose to reword the localization a little?
That explains everything. Makes me wonder if there are any other items that has been correctly translated as well.