Don't know who to marry between Doug, Leon and Kiel...

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

When I started playing I really wanted to marry Doug but the more I raise his heart levels the more immature he seems. I tried dating all three (different files because I feel weird dating them all on one file) and he's kind of...Idk, annoying. >.< And I think it's sad that some of the nicknames you can give him he just refuses completely, lame... And out of all three he refuses dates the most (even though all three are around same affection level). He's also the worst as a party member which is important to me. Both Kiel and Leon are better as party members.

Kiel is uh... I mean he looks a bit young. If his voice was similar to his Japanese one it wouldn't be so bad but his English voice makes him seem even younger. And stuff like him saying that one of the nicknames "that's a really ticklish one" (« What The Eggplant »? Who says that about a word?) and using words like "tummy" instead of stomach... It's a bit disturbing to me. Sad because I like his character design overall, especially in the cutscenes (he looks a bit less young), kind of have a weakness for hair clips on guys even though maybe that sounds weird. xD; Was same deal with Chase in ToT/AP. At the same time he's a good party member and I think only one that hasn't told me to shut up yet?

Leon is funny and interesting, but sometimes it seems he has a crush on Forte already. xD... And I wish he was more serious sometimes and honest with his feelings. Also kind of hate his name and I also kind of wish he wasn't well...a fox. I like foxes but...To date a fox? Idk. Still, I do find it cute when he's flustered. The Maria thing kind of rubs me the wrong way, it's just a bit weird to me.

Maybe I should just...Date Vishnal... But I'm not interested in him at all. Argh maybe my character should just be forever alone. Can anyone help? :c I know no one can tell me who to marry but can anyone give pros and cons for the Doug, Kiel and Leon? I guess especially after marriage without being too spoiler...ey.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I've never married Doug, so I don't know about him. What do you care more about in the spouse? I like to go to dungeons with the spouse and child, for that reason I like them to be good fighters. I've married both Leon and Kiel and enjoyed them both. I do agree with you regarding Kiel's voice, I had to turn it off cause specially the spouse morning dialogue was really... off, imo.

Leon's a great fighter, his spouse lunches are ok. I don't think he has a crush on Forte, she's just easy to tease, like Dylas.

Kiel's holds his weight in battle, throws food at you if you aren't full (child inherits this ability), his spouse lunches are really good imo.

You've probably already married one by now, lol. But still...
Who did you choose?
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Didn't choose anyone yet. xD Still unsure. But yeah, fighting ability is kind of important to me, so it's hard for me to marry Doug... and his personality is less nice than I remember. :x
Robinstar
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Still feel like this is too much asking for help with choosing a candidate, so don't be surprised if this gets locked. But hey, it's still working so far.

I married Leon. And about the fox thing, he would've been a human before becoming a guardian, so it's still not as weird as the RF3 hybrids. His teasing of Forte didn't seem like a crush cause this guy will tease anyone that breathes. I love that about him. Also, he does hold up well in battles.

I don't know a whole lot about marrying the other two though. I've never been interested in Kiel, and I ran out of save files for Doug.

Honestly, if you haven't used your other two save files, you could have all 3 as long as you don't accidentally save over someone. If you're not interested in any girls, that's what I would do. I went for Leon, Dylas, and Forte though.
marzipan
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Doug was one of my favorites - despite his seeming immaturity, he's very sweet, and his distrust of Frey blossoming into love was just too cute. I really enjoyed his character, and rewatching his bumbling proposal never fails to make me laugh.

Kiel was alright. Better than I expected him to be, but not interesting enough to me personally to warrant a save file. I think he eases up a tiny bit on the shota stuff once your married? It's been awhile so I can't remember too much of his romance.

Leon's really fun and he's voiced by Matthew Mercer, what's not to love? And while his teasing never really lets up, even after marriage, his dialogue is never boring.

I'd actually highly recommend looking into romancing Arthur. I thought he was the absolute worst when I first started playing, but once I'd romanced everyone else I decided to give him a shot for completion's sake. I was extremely surprised by how much I ended up liking him. His backstory is really interesting, and he's so fun to talk to and have as a spouse. Maybe give him a chance since you can't make up your mind?
Anna_Lynn
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Haha, I'm one of the odd ones out, since I only married Doug, and not Leon or Kiel.

Combat-wise, I guess I never saw him to be that bad of a fighter? He's always been a powerhouse in my game, but that might be because I use him a lot. Ironically, he tends to jump head-first into battle, unlike other villagers who hang back and use magic. I guess the biggest downfall would be your child inheriting the fireball magic, and that tornado sword attack? That's another random chance card; in my game, sometimes fireball does as low as 20 damage to all enemies, other times it's over 8K. And it's not because they might be immune or weak to fire.

Personality wise, I like him after marriage. He softens up after marriage, so I guess you could say he gets less annoying, lmao. Though there are still times when he's your typical dumbass. Hell, he even gets a little perverted at times (though I'm pretty sure all candidates do in their dialogue at some point). I guess unlike Kiel, Doug's voiced lines after marriage didn't sound off to me at all, and some were actually quite pleasant (and funny) to listen to. I also think he becomes more "accepting" to the nicknames, though I've never bothered to check. The after marriage random events you can trigger were a nice mix of funny and cute, like the one where Bado wants you and your spouse to make a love charm together.

Lunch-wise, his choices aren't...bad, I guess. It's a mix between bamboo rice, egg rice bowl, onigiri, fried onigiri, and tempura bowl. Although he's not the greatest at cooking, he admits that he can only cook simple dishes, unlike Forte and Vishnal who will just straight-up give you ruined meals. :lol: