If you could have your dream town...

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).

Which prompt did you find more thought provoking?

You may select 1 option

View results

Tiptoze
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I feel like the RF fandom needs some waking up so I thought I'd throw a couple prompts out for ya'll to ponder here.
//See who's still alive out here in this desert.
//I blame Senran Kagura.

Here are the prompts...

1) Ignoring what exists of the RF timeline (so characters can exist together), if you could have an RF game set in your favorite town with your favorite characters, which town would it be and who would populate it?

2) If you designed a town for an RF game what would it be like?
- Where would it be geographically? In the mountains? In the Eastern region mentioned in the RF-verse? Or maybe even in the Nation of Elves?
- What kind of cast would you have inhabit it? A colorful and over the top cast like in 3? A cast like Frontier's where everyone is mostly normal with a few comedy relief characters? Or would you even have a cast like ToD where most of the cast is marriageable?
//Even I gotta admit that RF3's cast felt like it was trying to hard to be quirky.
//Not that quirky characters are bad but the characters in RF3 needed to cut back on their sugar intake.

- Would there be a mode of transportation to explore the surrounding setting like Ymir in ToD? (Ex. The town would be in the sky and everyone would fly on certain monsters to fly to other floating islands.)
- Basically just go wild and describe your dream town.

Let me know which prompt you liked better/found more provoking and why please! I'd like to see what kinds of prompts can spark discussion in our small fandom.
joeswifey
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I'd for sure want to live in a town in sechs where the protag shows up (lost memory ofc) and is secretly an earthmate. I want to meet ethelberds son or daughter or other family.

I tbh just want to learn more about the sechs empire like ....come on. I can't remember if the sechs empire is strongly anti monster but I want the town to like...obvs have some elves and dwarves . Or maybe some new kinds of races/charas like they did in 3 and 4. (Mermaid, butterfly, etc)

Tbh tho having a whole town in the eastern mentioned regions in the rune factory world would be so good i would love that . Plus Sakuya in rf3 is a traveler I'd want her to be a visiting character and maybe even bring Pia along.

I'd want there to be a big beach! And id want a varied cast. I'm ALWAYS a sucker for those characters that are related to characters from other games so that would be neat for more of that. Ofc I want a sainte coquille! Give me another marriage candidate sainte coquille pls <33

Mostly, I want a good set of dungeons to explore. With some great music.
hoshikuma
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

1. Taking the Runey system out of Trampoli, it's probably my favourite town, with a giant whale island and ruins littering the area. Trampoli's clock tower and it's kinda old timey feel make it nice to wander around in, and the map is one of the prettiest across all the games. All the non-human villagers are an absolute must, as well as Melody, Clorica and Arthur. The non-human characters like Iris and Pia are some of the best in the whole series. :heart:

2. A town set in the Sechs Empire, with a Sechs amnesiac MC (who could be an Earthmate, or a Dragon Priest) would be really, really cool, considering Ethelberd was attempting to wipe them out. I imagine a scenario like that would involve the MC simply being unaware of who they are, or the entire town is trying to protect them by making them out to be normal. Since the Sechs are said to be hostile to foreigners, I doubt they have any other races in their territory, other than the dwarves that were mentioned, with the rest of their population being primarily human. It wouldn't be the most diverse of games, but I think it'd be super cool to learn more about the empire either before or after 4 takes place!

Alternatively, I would love to learn more about the elven kingdom, or about the different dwarven tribes. As interesting as Pia is, I think she implies she lived alone with fish as her only friends, so I don't believe there's a mermaid kingdom -- that, or there may just be extremely small families of mermaids who live together.

I would love another diverse, fun cast like the one in 3, as well as of course two (or three) different main characters for us to choose from, with the ability to marry whomever we wish~ I'd also bring back rival marriages and children from 2, though I'd make it more like in HM, so the children actually look like their parents no matter whom they marry. If it *has* to be like in 2, with Yue marrying whomever is left over, then they should at least make it so that the child(ren) matches, even if the parents are not 'default'.

I'd also really like to see bigger, and more families in a new game, with children so the town feels more full and lively, as well as making sure the town actually has connections to other places. In 3, the town felt as if there was no way to leave or even get into it, since none of the areas really met with the outside world (that I remember). I wasn't a huge fan of the transportation mechanic in ToD, but having airships, or travelling by monster would be pretty cool, so we'd get to see more area. The elves and dwarves in particular seem to be more used to handling monsters than humans and earthmates do, so they probably are better at taking care of them and working alongside them rather than fighting them all the time.

tldr; more dwarves, more elves, more diversity, bring back the marriage mechanic from 2, and a *huge* map to run around in :lala:
Robinstar
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

1) The first one sounds like a messy fanfic. I tried to think up what it would be like for me, but in the end, I’d just be frustrated if too many of my favorites were in one game since there wouldn’t be enough saves unless it was insane like ToD. But I guess if Porcoline de Sainte-Coquille was put in as a marriage candidate, I’d be happy enough.

2) I would like a game taking place in the Sechs Empire as well. Imagine the main character getting all close to Ethelberd while neither having any idea that the main is an earthmate or whatever. The plot could be acting like it’s about something else until near the end when things start clicking together. It could be totally emotional and messed up since we already know Ethelberd does not get a happy ending because of 4, which means he’d turn on this main character when learning the truth. Or they could pull some althernate universe bull where things work out happy. Or multiple endings.

One taking place after Ethelberd would be neat. There would be more room for changes in the Sechs Empire.

And of course, a game taking place with the elves or the dwarves would be awesome. I think it’d be cool to have at least one where humans are less common, being totally outnumbered by dwarves alone or something.

An absolute necessity for me is more de Sainte-Coquilles. I love every member of that family. Both sizes. And again, let me marry Porcoline.
Tiptoze
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Robinstar wrote:The first one sounds like a messy fanfic. I tried to think up what it would be like for me, but in the end, I’d just be frustrated if too many of my favorites were in one game since there wouldn’t be enough saves unless it was insane like ToD. But I guess if Porcoline de Sainte-Coquille was put in as a marriage candidate, I’d be happy enough.
That's why it's just a dream town lol. I myself would try to keep the number of marriage candidates to a reasonable number so that I wouldn't run into that issue. Though as long as I made Clorica one of them, I'd ignore everyone else lol.