Proficient Crops Guide - A Calculation of Crops & Profits

Nintendo DS [ Game Guide ]
Pheonixfire
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

this is a huge help, even though I mainly just plant 'em, make sure they get enough water, & harvest 'em. *roflmao* At least now I can get a base price, so I know how much to expect. I remember how much of a PAIN it was for me in the first few years on IoH, & the first year of SI. x.x
andydzman
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

hey MoloMowChow, i have a quick thing i think u should add into ur calculations. single item cooking :)

take yams for example. they sell for 100 at a average rank, u turn them into baked yams, available first time from diner, doesnt require any extra ingrediants, and now ur making 237g average. thats over twice as much making these crops rediculiously profitable right?
sito-jaxa
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Is there a reason all the calculations are based on 8 crops per bag of seeds? 3x3=9...
leebot
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

sito-jaxa wrote:Is there a reason all the calculations are based on 8 crops per bag of seeds? 3x3=9...
Most players get into a habit of doing "Thick C" plots in Harvest Moon games, which is probably the justification, though it isn't always to most efficient. It is, however, the most efficient you can do before you get a red wonderful in the watering can, but that's pretty early in the game. It's also the best for regrowable crops, as you can't harvest the center square without harvest sprite help. (Though what I like to do is start off with a full square, then chop down one of the crops on the side after harvesting it so I can access the middle one.)
sito-jaxa
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

The red wonderful reasoning I get, but you don't need sprites to harvest the middle crop... You can tap it with the stylus. This is why I'm confused about why calculations are based on 8 crops, I'm assuming if you've unlocked pineapples and such you should have at least one red wonderful, so there should be no reason to need a "thick C" at that point in the game...

Overall it doesn't change the usefulness of the calculations, since they're all calculated the same way.
jinnb
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

O_o I love you for this - I'm also a perfectionist and did the same thing recently for IoH,but I only calculated the greenhouse rates - since I found there were too many variables growing in season in the feilds..:S
I havn't gotten the game quite yet - mabye tommorow or later today but this will help me lots :D~Although,it's not that much help outside to be honest ;~; with all the variables and whatnot,but I think it's a great glimpse at what a perfect season weather wise would be like..O_O
Melody Muse
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Question: Do you guys find it worth it to leave the crops in the ground to up their size, or find it worth it to harvest the day of so that you can start them regrowing?

Thank you so much for the calculations though, they are a HUGE help. I am so glad to see them up. :D
mlc-neochick-14
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

No the only storms are in summer and winter. they are a pain and destroy your crops sometimes. but fall and spring are a pain in the but because of the point system. anyways good luck and try your best to plan ahead.
Ninja Cicada
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Wait, all these calculations are for ONE BAG of seeds, so if I plant 6 bags of yams in the fall, that's 62400 G!
TheMegg009
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

This is a HUGE help! It helped make super helpfull choices(which crops to grow)!
fireflyflower13
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Omg how long did that take to calculate all of that? I would never even attempt that :o :shock:
princesszelda
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

This guide is absolutely fantastic. Thank you very much. :heart:
Drawxne
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I'm very glad that they balanced out yams/sweet potatoes by making them extremely sensitive to rain. In previous games, especially Friends of Mineral Town, they were the most BROKEN crop hands down, since you could be millionaire by the beginning of your first winter by exclusively growing them.
NightSurfer
Disabled: User Name Change

Post  Posted:

Wow. That must've taken ages.
Anon001
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

:?: can you please specify when to water crops? or maybe I misunderstood your guide? :lol: