Who would you marry?

Nintendo DS [ Game Guide ]
oranges
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Basically, what I want to know is: if you didn't have to go through all the heart events and stuff, and give them presents every day, and if he/she was avaidable for marriage, who would you marry? Also, it would be nice to know if what you chose is actually different to who you ended up marrying.
So, for example: I would have married Denny, Vaughn or Mark on my girl file, but Vaughn took ages and I'd only got Mark at a purple heart, so I married Denny.
Or, In my boy file, I'd have married either Julia or Lily, but I wasn't rich enough to marry Lily.
Veggie Angel
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

The point of courtship is to get to know the bachelors (or bachelorettes) by getting to know them.

You don't have to give gifts every day it is much more important to speak to the person every day and listen to their greeting and the second dialog.

As you hear what they have to say at each heart level, you will get to know the person better and be able to choose the best candidate for you.

That's one of the reasons that no one in the forum is supposed to tell you who to marry.

Giving gifts will speed the courtship along to the ultimate goal of marriage but you have the ability to raise the friendship level of each character before you decide who will be your ultimate spouse.

Trust your instincts and you can narrow the pack to two choices and select one from that selection.

Gold is a good gift for Lily and is not a valuable mining product (50G). If you don't like mining, raise the friendship level with the mice (cucumbers or spinach will work) and you will get gold from the mice when they begin foraging.
Juliuslove<3<3<3
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Well.... if Shea was around... it'd be SO hard!!!

You see, like on magical melody. Gwen was SO pretty but I already fell in love and I'm the kind of person who doesn't break librarian's hearts. (Don't laugh. I consider all the character's feelings even if they are just fictional!!!) But every time I walk by her house, and see her, it tortures me.

So, I would still marry Elliot. But... it'd be torture. I hate to admit it, but that's probably the real reason I keep on putting off mushroom island.

And on my boy account... kind of the same situation. I'd hate to see Elliot marry anybody but me, so I would have to marry Julia, even though I am more of a Lily type.

GAAAAAHHHH why am I so compassionate!?!?!?! Why am I so attached to these video game characters?! I need help... I fall in love too easy and always marry the FIRST person I fall in love with!!!
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'd marry no one just like always.

But man that would be really lame if there were no events and you didn't have to do anything to woo them. Although I do know how you feel. I couldn't woo Mark or Chelsea cause I wasn't patient enough to get 70 Sunstones and go through all that wooing :/.
Twitterpated Love
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I'm getting the impression that you're asking who I picked to marry when I looked at the guide book. I picked Vaughn and Will, actually. I thought Will was cute and would be romantic (plus I though it was cool that he was a prince) while Vaughn would be my replacement for Gray.

I haven't played long enough to even marry someone, so I still have to find out who I'll end up with. But I've made a Legend of Zelda themed file so I'm thinking either Mark or Will will be my replacement "Link" (since I made a girl file and named her Zelda).
Juliuslove<3<3<3
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Twitterpated Love wrote:I'm getting the impression that you're asking who I picked to marry when I looked at the guide book. I picked Vaughn and Will, actually. I thought Will was cute and would be romantic (plus I though it was cool that he was a prince) while Vaughn would be my replacement for Gray.

I haven't played long enough to even marry someone, so I still have to find out who I'll end up with. But I've made a Legend of Zelda themed file so I'm thinking either Mark or Will will be my replacement "Link" (since I made a girl file and named her Zelda).
>_< Not a big fan of the Zelda-Link pairing... anyways... I decide by researching the character's personality and family. And of course, if they give me something nice and are all sweet and cute and stuff that helps too... :heart:
boxerlover25
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

Well I was planning on marrying Will on SI, but then I talked to him... haha so I went back to Denny because I really like him and also married him on IoH.

I never really played very far as a boy, but I think I would want to marry Witch or Chelsea. If I ever do play it out I'll probably marry Witch, she's so awesome.
Cocovet
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Since I already married Will and Lanna,I would marry Mark and the WP next.
Farmergirl13
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I saw Vaughn and totally fell in love, I dig cowboys, even virtual Ones ;) but I settled for Denny in IoH, and now I still like Vaughn but also really like Will, he's all romantic and has cute baby blues! I'm really into trying to marry will and thought I'd just forget about Vaughn but iv been giving him porridge anyways and now he's warming up to me a bit and I was like :D what! No! U can't start with that? Iv been raising islands for will and feeding rabbits for him and I just hand u porridge and ur already starting to open up a little bit? I don't wanna like him because Im charmed by his cowboy hat and mysterious ways but I feel like id wait forever to marry him and then be disappointed after marriage with him, I heard Will is creepy/ cheesy after marriage and I don't care I think that's fun, I haven't heard any one say anything interesting about Vaughn after marriage? Plus Vaughn won't be there for all the festivals? So yea, wow I'm just gonna make a new topic bout this!
Juliuslove<3<3<3
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Any advice on not developing emotional attachment to characters so I can marry another person without feeling bad?
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/65444628/MY%20b ... %20man.jpg
Veggie Angel
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Juliuslove<3<3<3 wrote:Any advice on not developing emotional attachment to characters so I can marry another person without feeling bad?
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/65444628/MY%20b ... %20man.jpg
That is what slot 2 is for. You can explore marriage to two people in two games.