Just bought it. Know anything useful?

Nintendo DS [ Game Guide ]
Robinstar
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I haven't started this one yet. I literally just bought it a couple of moments ago. And I already know that I want Amir, and possibly Angelo. I'd just like to know if you have any good advice, or interesting tidbits of information, even or just opinions. Just talk, really. This is the one game I don't know a whole bunch about. Give me your knowledge.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Ah, one of the games without a shipping box. I have this, however didn’t play for long. From what I know: your main goal is to have the best bazaar you can. Sell anything you can at first, npcs will truly buy anything.
Anna_Lynn
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

I "cheated" this game by selling nothing but grass seeds at the bazaar, lmao. It seems like each game has their own weird way of earning a fast penny; HMDS with the 10mil fishing Sprite glitch, TOTT with buying flowers and having Cam make endless bouquets, 3oT with cornmeal flatbread, etc. Well with Grand Bazaar, an easy way to earn money is to make grass seeds once you unlock the windmill by the river (below the farm). All it requires is fertilizer and fodder. Fertilizer is very cheap, and fodder is not too much, though idk if it's sold early on; you may need a barn animal first. Each bag can sell for over 500G at the bazaar, and money comes flying in if you get stacks of 99 grass seeds to sell.

Some other useful stuff:

-Don't run on crops, their quality is lowered if you do. Just make sure to have your character walk in the fields.
-save some weeds and branches if you're interested in crafting better fertilizer qualities later on.
-If you have stamina to spare, feel free to jump in the water. You might find something rare, like gold or ore stones.
-Sparkly things on the ground are coins. Definately save a few bronze, silver, and gold ones. A super lucky lotto opens once the bazaar upgrades to 75%, and you could potentially win bottles of miracle water (forgot the official name). It's a replacement to power berries; drinking it will permanently raise your stamina by 20%. Iirc, only five exist, so don't throw or give them away, unless you really want to.
-Save wild flowers for the flower fair in Spring.
-Blow into the mic to speed up a Windmill's blades. You should hear a fanfare sound if it works correctly.
-I can't remember if this is a feature in the game, but you may need to "warm up" to a villager before you can give them gifts. As in, talk to them for 3-days straight before they'll accept a gift. Like I said, can't remember if it's a feature, but it might exist...

That's all I can really think of on the spot. The game's pretty easy, possibly the easiest in the series. :lol:
Try not to get too annoyed with the voice acting. Though the villagers do make some pretty funny sounds at times... :)
Robinstar
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Definitely some useful information. Thanks! Might've saved me from a couple of issues there.

And I've already had a weird moment with the voices. I was talking to Angelo, thinking about how cute he is, and then... I heard his voice... What the hell? XD That doesn't match what I'm seeing at all! But whatever. If I can tolerate Dan in Magical Melody, then I can handle this too.