Tale of Two Towns Fishing Guide

Nintendo DS and Nintendo 3DS [ Game Guide ]
norelationstojfk
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Subject: Tale of Two Towns Fishing Guide
Podoman wrote:After spending almost every night of entire month of summer fishing for the salamander and giving up, I saw Cher's guide stating it's caught in Fall, so I tried fishing expecting it to be the last time I tried.
The first fish I caught was the salamander.
I'll try to stay positive and say that at least I made a lot of money from all that fishing.
I apologize. I was mostly taking people's words for it so I personally did not have much of the information confirmed. It would probably be better if people consulted her guide rather than this one simply because the information here is incomplete.
Kilax
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Fall 2
Night time (around 1am-2am)
Sunny
Fishing Rod
Konohana River
Sweetfish

The reason why I post this is because on the guide it says sweetfish only appears on spring so this is an update for the database :)

P.S. Also i caught a King Salamander just a few hour (in game) before the Sweetfish, but i have to let it go. Does anyone know why I can't keep him?
norelationstojfk
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Kilax wrote:Fall 2
Night time (around 1am-2am)
Sunny
Fishing Rod
Konohana River
Sweetfish

The reason why I post this is because on the guide it says sweetfish only appears on spring so this is an update for the database :)

P.S. Also i caught a King Salamander just a few hour (in game) before the Sweetfish, but i have to let it go. Does anyone know why I can't keep him?
Because it's a King Fish. You don't get to keep any king fish.
Podoman
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

norelationstojfk wrote: I apologize. I was mostly taking people's words for it so I personally did not have much of the information confirmed. It would probably be better if people consulted her guide rather than this one simply because the information here is incomplete.
I'm not blaming anyone for anything, especially least of all you. You did a great job and most of the info is quite accurate.
No, what made me angry is that I caught it so easily. Actually I wasn't even angry, it was just one of those facepalm moments.
I thought it would be harder to catch like the dragon carp which took me the whole day to catch.
personafication
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I'm in Fall and m trying to catch regular salmon at the fishin locations that it's supposed to be at. Is it a rare fish to catch because all I keep catching are goby, sea bass, shashimo, and trout. No salmon at all, and I've been at it for days.
BlueTrillium
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Well first...please don't post in threads that haven't been updated in 10 days (unless they're stickied at the top of the forum).

Secondly...yes salmon are pretty rare to catch. But where specifically are you looking? Salmon can only be caught using the master fishing rod, and you catch them in Summer and Fall at either Bluebell High-Mountain or Konohana Mid-Mountain at the dock right by the waterfall.

You can't catch Sea Bass at either of those places. So if you're catching Sea Bass...you're at the wrong dock.

And you can only catch Trout using the regular rod, not the master rod. So if you're catching Trout, you're using the wrong rod.

Cher's got the fishing list up on the hm10 site, you could try looking there for the locations and rods needed to catch fish. Though for Konohana Mid-Mountain, switch the docks - she's got them swapped. (So if her site says to fish at the waterfall dock, go to the lower dock instead, and vice versa).

-BlueTrillium
ukita
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Caught: 3 Murray Eels last night. At K - mid South of waterfall. I was surprised since it had been reported at Waterfall dock. Winter, night, wt Master Rod, Blizzard weather.
Lunadora
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

do you know how to read? Or you really didn't bother to read the post before your own? Let me repeat it to make it easier for you...
DO NOT POST ON THREADS THAT ARE INACTIVE FOR MORE THAN 10 DAYS
Rawr3613
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Lunadora wrote:do you know how to read? Or you really didn't bother to read the post before your own? Let me repeat it to make it easier for you...
DO NOT POST ON THREADS THAT ARE INACTIVE FOR MORE THAN 10 DAYS
Wow, what a « Baaaa *glomp* ».. It was 12 days later lol and yes I am aware I'm posting a year later just to call you a « Baaaa *glomp* » but it had to be said.