The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Dec 20, 2014 7:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

KyokoNyx
Post Posted: Feb 23, 2012 9:10 pm 
Anonymous Fish

I was just wondering if you could plant the crops for the next season on the last day of the season before it.

I don't want to plant all my crop seeds for the next season on the last day before it and have them all die off.

songstorm
Post Posted: Feb 23, 2012 10:48 pm 
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

I haven't tested it directly, but I'm pretty sure that you cannot plant specific seasonal seeds until the season for them actually starts. I'm not even sure the game would actually let you sow the seeds (it pops up a warning message if you try to sow seeds where other seeds already are, for instance).

Grains and trees are in a different category, of course.

Murasaki
Post Posted: Feb 23, 2012 11:39 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

No, it'll probably error if you try. If it sows, it'll be dead.

One of the HM sold seeds before the season started (Sunshine Islands I think) - that was so nice to be able to get ready in advance.

Melian
Post Posted: Feb 24, 2012 10:42 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

I remember this, but I believe it's not SI, it always says it's the wrong season. I think it's an older game. And you could plant before the season started in AWL too. The crop would die if it sprouted it the wrong season, but would be ok if it was just the seeds. I think this is one of the best HM games ever.

Murasaki
Post Posted: Feb 24, 2012 10:49 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Melian wrote:
I remember this, but I believe it's not SI, it always says it's the wrong season. I think it's an older game. And you could plant before the season started in AWL too. The crop would die if it sprouted it the wrong season, but would be ok if it was just the seeds. I think this is one of the best HM games ever.

No, no, in SI the store SOLD seeds before the season. In fact any seed all year long if you unlocked them. The HM games with greenhouses did that.

But you couldn't plant them early...I don't remember now. =P

Melian
Post Posted: Feb 24, 2012 11:02 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Yep, the store sell the seeds the day before. But I believe there was a game that actually allowed you to plant those seeds the last day of the previous season. Or I am dreaming about HM :o :?:

go_ask_ashley
Post Posted: Feb 24, 2012 11:18 am 
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Melian wrote:
Yep, the store sell the seeds the day before. But I believe there was a game that actually allowed you to plant those seeds the last day of the previous season. Or I am dreaming about HM :o :?:

I don't think there is one that let's you. Correct me if I'm wrong. And the game stops you from wasting seeds, unlike in FOMT, which I really appreciate.

« signature »
FOMT: Name: Nathaniel, Hospitality Ranch. Year 7 Family: Ann, Son Christof
HMDSC: Name: Pippa, Whimsy Ranch. Year 4 Sprites: 97 Family: Marlin. Soon.
ToTT: Name: Sky, Sunset Farm. Year 5 Town: Bluebell Family: Kana
SI: Name: Chloe, Azure Ranch. Year 2 Islands: 13 Family: None

capaul
Post Posted: Feb 24, 2012 12:50 pm 
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Melian wrote:

You are correct. There is a glitch in BtN that allowed you to plant next seasons crops the last day. Only worked in Spring and Summer though as there were no Winter crops and you couldn't plant anything in winter. Awesome for summer pineapples though!

« signature »
ANB:
Neilie on Muin Farm
FC: 0516-7466-4138

Melian
Post Posted: Feb 25, 2012 5:39 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Hmmm, I believe HM is hacking into my dreams, then. I never played Back to Nature... The only "not for Nintendo consoles and handhelds" HM game I have is HoLV. And that's because my brother has a PSP, I don't.

capaul
Post Posted: Feb 25, 2012 6:35 pm 
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Well, you can now get BtN on the PSN for only 5$. It's playable on both the psp and ps3.

« signature »
ANB:
Neilie on Muin Farm

blaze_fire12
Post Posted: Feb 26, 2012 10:07 am 
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

I think you can buy the seeds early though.

Murasaki wrote:
No, it'll probably error if you try. If it sows, it'll be dead.

One of the HM sold seeds before the season started (Sunshine Islands I think) - that was so nice to be able to get ready in advance.

Yeah, Sunshine Islands and Island of Happiness both did that. It was really useful. You couldn't plant them early, but you could definitely buy them.

« signature »
3DS Friend Code: 3136-7527-2424
Farm: Skyrim
Looking for: Moon Stone, Adamantite
Please MESSAGE me before you add me, thanks! PM for trades

Melian
Post Posted: Feb 26, 2012 6:43 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Quote:
Well, you can now get BtN on the PSN for only 5$. It's playable on both the psp and ps3.

Really? I thought the other game for PSP was Innocent Life, which I plan to get if I ever come across it. Was BtN re-released for PSP? I believe it's an older game, but I'm not sure.

capaul
Post Posted: Feb 27, 2012 3:25 am 
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Its a Playstation Network download. You can play it on either system. Though they did technically release BtN on the psp years ago as HM B&G.

« signature »
ANB:
Neilie on Muin Farm

Melian
Post Posted: Feb 27, 2012 5:33 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

I always had the curiosity to know what did PSN stand for, hehehe. I wouldn't do the dowloading thing, like I said, the PSP is my brothers. But, if I ever come across a B&G I could try that. I didn't know it was a remake, not that it was for PSP.

ReyDelEmpire
Post Posted: Feb 27, 2012 5:46 pm 
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

At what time do you guys water your plants. And what do I have to do to get the best results?