How do you get seeds out of the seed maker?

Nintendo DS and Nintendo 3DS [ Game Guide ]
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but I have never had this expansion before. It's probably obvious and I'm just missing it :p
honeybees18
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

After they're ready, there will be a light blinking red and blue on a small machine looking thing in the front left corner of the maker shed. Go in front of that and press A. I hope this helped. :)
Clove
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Also, something I didn't learn until much later is that you can put in up to 6 different stacks of vegetables (or whatever you're making into seeds) at a time, and each stack can be of up to 20 things.

That might save you lots of time if you didn't already know it :bunny:
Merridwyn
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

I'm not sure why, but I appear to be able to put in seven things at time, and once it seemed like I could put in eight. Not sure why, but anyway, don't stop trying to put things into the seed maker until it tells you it's full. :)

--M
Clove
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

^whaaaaaaaaaat

That's good advice!
Melian
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Are you putting 7/8 different items (in this case, crops) or 7/8 of the same?
Clove
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

I tried playing around with it a bunch, but no matter what I can still only get six stacks in mine :c
Merridwyn
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Melian wrote:Are you putting 7/8 different items (in this case, crops) or 7/8 of the same?
Probably a bit of both. One thing, it's unlikely that the stacks were more than 5 or so items each. It may be you can put in more stacks if they are smaller; I don't know. I wasn't actually running an experiment, I just happened to notice it. It's hard to miss when you go to the thing to take the seeds out, and there are seven stacks of seeds. :)

--M
Clove
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Merridwyn wrote: One thing, it's unlikely that the stacks were more than 5 or so items each. It may be you can put in more stacks if they are smaller; I don't know.
Nope, that's not it. I make stacks only 1 or 2 items each when I need seeds quickly, and I can never get more than 6.
Maybe you have a lucky glitch or I have a sucky glitch :?:
Melian
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Maybe that's because you're being able to put more products. I believe the game puts similar items in a stack, so you can have 6 different kinds of things. I'm still 2 long seasons before I can experiment this...
BlueTrillium
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Nope, it's a solid limit of six stacks per maker. You can only have more than 6 stacks going through the machine if they are from different makers.

So you could have six seed-maker stacks and 6 flour-maker stacks going all at once if you wanted, but you could never have 8 seed-maker stacks.

Make sense?

-BlueTrillium
Merridwyn
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

BlueTrillium wrote:Nope, it's a solid limit of six stacks per maker. You can only have more than 6 stacks going through the machine if they are from different makers.

So you could have six seed-maker stacks and 6 flour-maker stacks going all at once if you wanted, but you could never have 8 seed-maker stacks.

Make sense?

-BlueTrillium
It makes sense, but it isn't what is happening in my game. Maybe Clove is right and it is a glitch, but I did it again yesterday. I had all this in the maker at the same time:

1. 20 Bok Choy
2. 20 Bok Choy
3. 3 Gentian
4. 3 Gentian
5. 3 Gentian
6. 3 Gentian
7. 2 Gentian

I went back and checked the status thing after, and it listed all 7. None of the items were complete, and all of them were in the seed maker. And when I went to pull them out, there were the seven stacks, totalling 80 Bok Choy and 28 Gentian.

Dunno why, but that's what happened.

--M
BlueTrillium
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Huh, interesting... Well, if it's a glitch, I wish I could get that glitch in my game! ^_^
Merridwyn
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

It's possible that the extra capacity in the seed maker may be a result of either the upgrade to the maker shed to include the pickling machine or the rank of "Legendary Crafter" or something, as well. I seem to recall someone at some point saying something about being able to process more items, but I can't remember whether it was the Harvest Goddess or Eileen.

Anyway, I did 8 items at a time again yesterday.

--M
BlueTrillium
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Aha, yes, maker rank having something to do with it would make more sense, similar to how higher request board rank lets you accept more requests...In my first file I didn't get beyond maker rank 3 or thereabouts so far, and in my current file I don't have any makers yet.

Well, since this time around for my dialogues threads I'm keeping track of what the HG says for all the level-gains, once I get that far I'll find out if something like that happens with a higher maker rank eventually! ^_^

-BlueTrillium