General ANB Q&A~

Nintendo 3DS [ Game Guide ]. JP release = Feb 2012. NA release = Oct 2012. EU release = Sept 2013
Taniyama Mai
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Mkay. so, I saw in the general info thread that some of you were thinking about needing a general Q&A for everyone, and I have some questions that I was going to make a topic for, so I might as well kill two birns with one stone, no?

mkay. My questions are:

°is there anything in particular that I need to be doing right off the bat? what else* should I know and do to say, speed along the process of completing tasks so people move in?
*°I remember comments about bees and the hives needing to be kept because once you can use them you can't find them anymore, so I've not sold a single one, but is there a number I should stop at? How many do I need to keep?
°when does Neil and what's-her-name lady who makes blueprints move in?(and when can I start rearranging stuff?)
°when can I get an axe?
°why does Hana sell tools? are they better than the ones I have? Or can I sell my tools, and buy replacements from her?(kinda worries me that there's a possibility of our tools braking like in animal Xing but I've not heard anything like that so I'll assume that's not the case)
°what should I be doing mos during the day? I find that I've got too much time. I water my crops, go around all the foraging areas, sell everything, see if Hana's got anything I want to buy, and then I pretty much have nothing to do so I go back and see if I missed anything in the foraging areas. Is there anything I could be doing that would help move me along?
°when cooking food, I know that I need to buy the recipes instead of making them like in past games, but, is it the same as before in the way of prices?(ie, mint sells for more when it's made into soup) and how can I find how much they'll sell for? I haven't seen any prices anywhere...
°when do I find the goddess? I'm surprised I've gone so long without seeing her. Usually we see her before we can even actively play. so far it's only been her voice. is she going to show herself soon?(I just got through her dream visit fyi)

If I think of more, I'll ether edit this or reply(depending when/if I get any replies and when I find new questions to ask)

Thank you all for your time, and everyone else feel free to chime in :)
LoveisSame333
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

The Harvest Goddess comes Spring 27.
Kareen
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Niel shows up Spring 9 with a present for you.

I don't believe the tools Hana sells are better than the ones you have when you start. I think they're just replacements just in case you accidentally sell one.
Alyx

Post  Posted:

You can find a lot of answers to your questions in the game guide Cher has been working on. There are also several other threads here with similar questions to yours.
GamerJustin

Post  Posted:

[quote="Taniyama Mai"]Mkay. so, I saw in the general info thread that some of you were thinking about needing a general Q&A for everyone, and I have some questions that I was going to make a topic for, so I might as well kill two birns with one stone, no?

mkay. My questions are:

°is there anything in particular that I need to be doing right off the bat? what else* should I know and do to say, speed along the process of completing tasks so people move in?
Collect all the sticks and rocks you see laying about along with all the herbs

°I remember comments about bees and the hives needing to be kept because once you can use them you can't find them anymore, so I've not sold a single one, but is there a number I should stop at? How many do I need to keep?
Try to collect 99, but I don't think you need that many.

°when does Neil and what's-her-name lady who makes blueprints move in?(and when can I start rearranging stuff?)
He moves in around the middle of Spring I think can't quiet remember.

°when can I get an axe?
Once the blacksmith moves in town.

°why does Hana sell tools? are they better than the ones I have? Or can I sell my tools, and buy replacements from her?(kinda worries me that there's a possibility of our tools braking like in animal Xing but I've not heard anything like that so I'll assume that's not the case)
No its just there so if you ship one of tools by accident I think.

°what should I be doing mos during the day? I find that I've got too much time. I water my crops, go around all the foraging areas, sell everything, see if Hana's got anything I want to buy, and then I pretty much have nothing to do so I go back and see if I missed anything in the foraging areas. Is there anything I could be doing that would help move me along?
Nope your doing everything fine, if you don't have anything else left to do just go to bed.

°when cooking food, I know that I need to buy the recipes instead of making them like in past games, but, is it the same as before in the way of prices?(ie, mint sells for more when it's made into soup) and how can I find how much they'll sell for? I haven't seen any prices anywhere
The guide isn't up yet.

°when do I find the goddess? I'm surprised I've gone so long without seeing her. Usually we see her before we can even actively play. so far it's only been her voice. is she going to show herself soon?(I just got through her dream visit fyi)

Spring 27th and that wasn't her. xD
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Some blueprints need the basic tools.
BlueTrillium
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Okay so some of these have been answered but I want to see
if I can answer a couple more precisely for ya. ^_^
Taniyama Mai wrote:°is there anything in particular that I need to be doing right off the bat? what else* should I know and do to say, speed along the process of completing tasks so people move in?
I recommend making friends with Emma asap. You need high FP with her to unlock Yuri early, which unlocks Sheep early. Emma apparently likes red and blue magic flowers if you can find them. Also befriend Hana (likes fish) to get Kosaburo to move in asap so you can get the fishing contest and the master rod blueprint, and befriend Iroha (likes rocks) to get a bunch of free blueprints from her.

*°I remember comments about bees and the hives needing to be kept because once you can use them you can't find them anymore, so I've not sold a single one, but is there a number I should stop at? How many do I need to keep?
You need five honeycombs per beehive, and if you're planning to max out your honey production eventually, you will need 18 beehives. 18x5 = 90 honeycombs if you're going for that. If you're not planning to max out, I do recommend at least 4 beehives so that would be 20 honeycombs. For bees - you need one per hive per year. So it depends on the number of hives you plan to build.

Neil comes (with your free cow) on Spring 9. Rebecca who sells blueprints comes on Spring 25 (and that's also when your workshop is unlocked and you can start rearranging stuff)

°when can I get an axe?
You get the axe and the hammer from Iroha when she moves in on Spring 15.

Actually tools can also be used in other blueprints. For example there is a watering-can flowerpot decoration that requires a watering can to make. ^_^ So this is how you get those extra watering cans!

°when cooking food, I know that I need to buy the recipes instead of making them like in past games, but, is it the same as before in the way of prices?(ie, mint sells for more when it's made into soup) and how can I find how much they'll sell for? I haven't seen any prices anywhere...
I haven't either. But when Cher finishes her site, that's where I'll get the prices from. Until then it's guess and check for me!

Spring 27 you'll meet her, and also the wifi options are unlocked then.
Taniyama Mai

Post  Posted:

LoveisSame333 wrote:The Harvest Goddess comes Spring 27.
ah, thank you.
GamerJustin wrote: Spring 27th and that wasn't her. xD
lol that was an awfully long post for such a short answer lol.
who is it then? Other than the Witch Princess, I can't think of any other characters that would be able to do that, and I don't see HM making you talk to someone, but not identifying them. who is it?
Kareen wrote:Niel shows up Spring 9 with a present for you.

I don't believe the tools Hana sells are better than the ones you have when you start. I think they're just replacements just in case you accidentally sell one.
ah, cool.

figured lol.(although I don't get why we even have the option. that just seems odd to me.)
Alyx wrote:You can find a lot of answers to your questions in the game guide Cher has been working on. There are also several other threads here with similar questions to yours.
I saw people asking for a general Q&A and thought I'd ask any questions I had in one place so anyone else with the same questions wouldn't have to hunt around for them. I also looked around the guide, and most of it isn't even up yet. So sorry this thread is so pointless to you. if you dislike it so much, ask a mod to delete it or remove it. If you're not going to offer any help and just complain, please go somewhere else.
Anonymous Fish wrote:Some blueprints need the basic tools.
I figured. I don't think that was any of the questions though. I don't yet have the ability to get blueprints I don't think. I don't understand what you're referring to. do you mean I need basic tools to get them, that I need basic tools to complete them, is this referring to why Hana sells them? I need a little more info to go on.
BlueTrillium wrote:Okay so some of these have been answered but I want to see
if I can answer a couple more precisely for ya. ^_^
Spoiler:
Taniyama Mai wrote:°is there anything in particular that I need to be doing right off the bat? what else* should I know and do to say, speed along the process of completing tasks so people move in?
I recommend making friends with Emma asap. You need high FP with her to unlock Yuri early, which unlocks Sheep early. Emma apparently likes red and blue magic flowers if you can find them. Also befriend Hana (likes fish) to get Kosaburo to move in asap so you can get the fishing contest and the master rod blueprint, and befriend Iroha (likes rocks) to get a bunch of free blueprints from her.

You need five honeycombs per beehive, and if you're planning to max out your honey production eventually, you will need 18 beehives. 18x5 = 90 honeycombs if you're going for that. If you're not planning to max out, I do recommend at least 4 beehives so that would be 20 honeycombs. For bees - you need one per hive per year. So it depends on the number of hives you plan to build.

Neil comes (with your free cow) on Spring 9. Rebecca who sells blueprints comes on Spring 25 (and that's also when your workshop is unlocked and you can start rearranging stuff)

°when can I get an axe?
You get the axe and the hammer from Iroha when she moves in on Spring 15.

Actually tools can also be used in other blueprints. For example there is a watering-can flowerpot decoration that requires a watering can to make. ^_^ So this is how you get those extra watering cans!

I haven't either. But when Cher finishes her site, that's where I'll get the prices from. Until then it's guess and check for me!

Spring 27 you'll meet her, and also the wifi options are unlocked then.
I noticed. As I said, I thought I'd place them all in one spot for convenience. I'm sorry if this was such a horrible thing to do o.e
(Thank you though Blue, for being nice about it)

°How do I get fish? I haven't even figured out how to get a pole/traps yet. I have next to nothing to work with.
°I pretty well plan to get as many as I can.(although, can I even hold 90? I thought my max was like, 30, but I can't keep numbers straight in my head so I may be way off lol) what about the actual bees? How many of those do I need to keep?
°awesome. Do I need to do anything for them, or do they just kinda..come in?
°Ah! That explains what the fishy meant. thank you :)
°lol alright. I guess at the least cooked food gives you more energy maybe? can't hurt to try^^
°ah, cool.

thank you for all your help^^

and one question I forgot to ask, is there any way to change the text speed? I swear I remember the very beginning's text being faster, and suddenly slowing down. I don't remember ever being able to change it before, and I may simply have a case of 'not paying enough attention', but it doesn't hurt to ask^^
BlueTrillium
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Heh, well when I said most of the questions were already answered, I meant within this thread. ^_^

As for fish...
You can get 5 fish traps by going to the River on (or after) Spring 20 on a sunny day. Apparently there's rather a funny typo in that event, but you do get the fish traps.

You get the fishing rod by going to the River on (or after) Summer 2.

Eventually Kosaburo will move in (If you want him a bit early, then make friends with Hana) and he will unlock the fishing contest festival for you, and if you make friends with him he'll give you the plan for the master rod.

I think you can have up to 99 items in a stack, but you can also have multiple stacks of the same item if you want. For bees - you just need one bee per beehive per year (each Spring you'll have to put more bees in) So I don't plan to keep more than 18 bees on hand, I think.

I don't know about the text speed, and I'm very interested to hear the answer too, because I read very fast. In ToTT we had to hold down a button while the person was talking... probably it'll be the same here... v_v
Last edited by BlueTrillium on Oct 26, 2012 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Taniyama Mai

Post  Posted:

ah, lol^^U

mkay, so someone in town will give me the traps when I go in the river area? cool.

cool. do we have to buy it, or is it simply given to us?

cool. I may not fight for him too much though unless the master rod gets me something I'm gonna want soon. I don't really like festivals and unless he helps me unlock someone else, I prolly won't work too hard at getting him quickly lol.

mkay. sounds good. I may just stockpile all the ones I can find just to be safe lol.

thanks for being so helpful :)
BlueTrillium
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Those first five fishing traps are free and so is the fishing rod. However, the fishing traps will break eventually and you'll either have to buy more or make your own.

Yeah, even with befriending Hana, I don't think you can get Kosaburo before Winter Year 1, and I don't think the master rod brings any urgent bonuses. Though I do believe you need that master rod to get those blueprint fragments you have to fish up, which unlock some cool things (including WP's house and that three-wheeled scooter).

You're welcome. ^_^ I'm actually really surprised how much I've picked up from threads and Cher's site already. I don't even own the game yet, but I think I've got my whole first year planned out, haha.
Taniyama Mai

Post  Posted:

sounds reasonable. cool^^
Now, I heard something about only being able to have a particular number at a time, or only able to lay a particular number a day. what part am I confused on? X3

ah. yea, I don't think I'll work too hard on that lawl.

XD wow! I really can't run around the whole forum trying to catch what info I can. it's too much and takes too long and I got other stuff to do lol.(which is why I made the thread lol. I doubt I'm the only one with this problem)
But looks like we/I know who to go to with questions we/I can't find in the guide huh? :P
teddybearyt
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Taniyama Mai wrote:sounds reasonable. cool^^
Now, I heard something about only being able to have a particular number at a time, or only able to lay a particular number a day. what part am I confused on? X3
Are you talking about the fish traps? You can only have 3 fish traps down at any time, because there are only 3 fishing trap spots. But if they break, you can lay down as many as you like in one day. Thank goodness for that, because they break really fast.
Alyx

Post  Posted:

Taniyama Mai wrote:
Alyx wrote:You can find a lot of answers to your questions in the game guide Cher has been working on. There are also several other threads here with similar questions to yours.
I saw people asking for a general Q&A and thought I'd ask any questions I had in one place so anyone else with the same questions wouldn't have to hunt around for them. I also looked around the guide, and most of it isn't even up yet. So sorry this thread is so pointless to you. if you dislike it so much, ask a mod to delete it or remove it. If you're not going to offer any help and just complain, please go somewhere else.
I wasn't trying to be rude and I was not complaining. I was just trying to point you in the right direction for the information you needed. You didn't need to be rude to me in response.
Tgainsbrough
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

For the cooking question, yes it does raise the price. ;)