Town and Farm Layout Maps

Nintendo 3DS [ Game Guide ]. JP release = Feb 2012. NA release = Oct 2012. EU release = Sept 2013
VanillaCookies
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Spoiler:
My Main Town area. Michelle, Tina, and the Traveling Agency are in the Western Area as will all the rest of the town buildings once I unlock them. Could have used the space more effectively but I wanted to add little park areas instead of cramming things in. For example there's a fountain behind the Inn, and I put a little garden for Clement behind his shop.
Antiquely
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I issue a challenge :!: :!: :!:

Try to place 16 fields on the bottom portion of the East farm. I have placed 15 total and perhaps that's all that can fit...BUT if someone can fit 16 please let me know how you did it. xD
Kakuloo
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Antiquely wrote:I issue a challenge :!: :!: :!:

Try to place 16 fields on the bottom portion of the East farm. I have placed 15 total and perhaps that's all that can fit...BUT if someone can fit 16 please let me know how you did it. xD
I DID IT. >.< Challenges like that are dangerous. You're lucky it was possible or else I would have probably gone insane. D=
Spoiler:
Antiquely
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Kakuloo wrote:
Antiquely wrote:I issue a challenge :!: :!: :!:

I DID IT. >.< Challenges like that are dangerous. You're lucky it was possible or else I would have probably gone insane. D=
Spoiler:
YOU'RE AWESOME. :heart:

I had a feeling 16 fields could probably fit somehow.

Thank you. :)
SilverStar
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

This looks like it would be really helpful...if it would work for me. Sadly, when I click on 'View', the 'Snap to' option is light gray, meaning nothing happens if I click on it. And since I can't snap to the grid, it doesn't want me to copy or paste anything either. I'm using a google chrome browser, don't know of anything else that might be interfering. Help?
Kakuloo
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

SilverStar wrote:This looks like it would be really helpful...if it would work for me. Sadly, when I click on 'View', the 'Snap to' option is light gray, meaning nothing happens if I click on it. And since I can't snap to the grid, it doesn't want me to copy or paste anything either. I'm using a google chrome browser, don't know of anything else that might be interfering. Help?
You have to save your own copy first. ^_^;; I don't know how else to keep a clean copy for everyone's use. So you can't actually edit within the version I have in the link, you have to go File -> Make a copy... first. =3
SilverStar
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Oh...well, that makes a lot of sense! Thanks, I'll try it out!
MediaKlepto
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

I'm in love with these maps~ They're so helpful!

GoogleDocs was being a jerk to me and refused to copy over the + on the pathways, but I managed to throw together a temporary town layout. I'm not even finished with plan 4 yet, but I wanted to be prepared for later.
Spoiler:
I know it's kinda cramped and has no decor, but I feel so guilty sequestering villagers to west town, when I almost NEVER go there. xD Seems stupid to leave it empty too, but~
BlueTrillium
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I have a slight update for ya -

Olivia's house (the bungalow) - the door is on the narrow end, not the wide one.

Other stuff I've now built -
lion topiary 2x3
mammoth topiary 2x5
beach chair and garden chair and the flower baskets are all 3x3
table (matches garden chair) is 3x4
lavish fountain is 6x6

"farm pathway" plaza is 12x12 and though I haven't been able to place it yet, it looks pretty awesome. ^_^
Kakuloo
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

MediaKlepto wrote:I know it's kinda cramped and has no decor, but I feel so guilty sequestering villagers to west town, when I almost NEVER go there. xD Seems stupid to leave it empty too, but~
I know what you mean. It's just so out of the way! D= I dunno, maybe I'll do that after I complete all the renovations. No reason not to have a little more space for decorations, anyway!
BlueTrillium wrote:"farm pathway" plaza is 12x12 and though I haven't been able to place it yet, it looks pretty awesome. ^_^
Updated! =D I've seen screenshots of it! It'[s really cool and has those tree things on the sides! (not sure if it's what I think it is actually...but I hope so!)
MediaKlepto
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

BlueTrillium wrote:I have a slight update for ya -

Olivia's house (the bungalow) - the door is on the narrow end, not the wide one.
Nuuuu!! I really liked the idea of having her bungalow overlooking the cliff. D'; Now I'm probably going to have to rearrange again, since I think her door would look weird pointing to the side. I'll have to wait and see I guess...
Kakuloo wrote:
MediaKlepto wrote:I know it's kinda cramped and has no decor, but I feel so guilty sequestering villagers to west town, when I almost NEVER go there. xD Seems stupid to leave it empty too, but~
I know what you mean. It's just so out of the way! D= I dunno, maybe I'll do that after I complete all the renovations. No reason not to have a little more space for decorations, anyway!
Yeah, I was figuring I'd wind up moving everything around again after I finished renovation 5. At that point, I might have a fair few more blueprints than I have now, and the materials to make them. Right now, I have so little that are anything interesting that I've not even really bothered to make them. xD I'll more than likely leave the stores in the main part of town and stick the houses in the west. You're definitely right though, it's just SO out of the way. :[

EDIT: I was able to redo my map now that the bungalow got turned around, and I think I might like it a little bit better this way...I was also able to get the road pieces to cooperate by copy+pasting it over and over instead of ctrl+clicking. x]
Spoiler:
white66
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Kakuloo wrote:
I've actually utiziled this by regulating everyone I don't like to the west town so the people I do like can have big fancy back yards that they never use {;
BrokenCD
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

I've been trying to use these maps to find a better way to arrange my maps, and here is what I settled on for the main town map!
Spoiler:
It looks more or less like this now. I haven't unlocked or built all of these buildings yet, though. I was inspired by someone in this thread who had put a few of the houses back to back.. I thought that was so clever! I'm not sure why it never occurred to me, but it seems so logical now. :P

I put all of the businesses (Well, all but Yuri and Allen) up around the shop square mainly just to get them out of the way and make room for homes. I put Emma and Yuri back to back for obvious reason, and I put Neil and Allen back to back because they always seems to hang around each other during events or whatever. Some of the buildings aren't facing the same way as the map shows; they wouldn't fit but one way! One example is Hana's shop. Her front door faces Neil's house. It would only fit that way! I'm thinking maybe her house is a bit too big on the google docs map. Not only does it fit facing Neil, it has two squares between it and the ledge of the cliff.

Also, as a random afterthought, I realized you can make a square with roads.. If you link them up correctly they will make a corner! But they will not make a T intersection that I've noticed. (Boo!)
Feather Qwill
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

BrokenCD wrote:I've been trying to use these maps to find a better way to arrange my maps, and here is what I settled on for the main town map!
Spoiler:
It looks more or less like this now. I haven't unlocked or built all of these buildings yet, though. I was inspired by someone in this thread who had put a few of the houses back to back.. I thought that was so clever! I'm not sure why it never occurred to me, but it seems so logical now. :P

I put all of the businesses (Well, all but Yuri and Allen) up around the shop square mainly just to get them out of the way and make room for homes. I put Emma and Yuri back to back for obvious reason, and I put Neil and Allen back to back because they always seems to hang around each other during events or whatever. Some of the buildings aren't facing the same way as the map shows; they wouldn't fit but one way! One example is Hana's shop. Her front door faces Neil's house. It would only fit that way! I'm thinking maybe her house is a bit too big on the google docs map. Not only does it fit facing Neil, it has two squares between it and the ledge of the cliff.

Also, as a random afterthought, I realized you can make a square with roads.. If you link them up correctly they will make a corner! But they will not make a T intersection that I've noticed. (Boo!)

You can have a T intersection, (or even a four-way) - you just need them lined up EXACTLY right. I have a number of them in my layout.
Kakuloo
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

BrokenCD wrote:Also, as a random afterthought, I realized you can make a square with roads.. If you link them up correctly they will make a corner! But they will not make a T intersection that I've noticed. (Boo!)

You have to make the road match up exactly, square for square, in order for them to link. =3

UPDATE! I added in the Watch Tower! ^_^