Rune Factory Frontier Runeys Mini-Guide

Helpful topics for older versions of Rune Factory.
Kemine
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Merli wrote:I really want to like this game, I really do, it's such an awesome game. But I really, really dislike the runies. It takes way too much time to grab the grass runies and distribute them about the other areas. I barely have any time for anything else! It's even worse when it's raining, I spend most of the day just entering and exiting just to get 18 runies from my grass factory. Its autumn in my game and I haven't done much in the way of the dungeon :/.

I wish they made it easier to distribute runies so you would have more time for other things.
I thought it was easier to just keep my grass runies. I end up with about 20-21 at the end of the morning after collecting them all, and then just stack them all away in my box in my house. I end up with a lot of runies, but I just check the other areas each morning when I look at them in the blue globe (or via Candy) and if they have either 35 or 36 left, I just distribute enough runies to make 60 in each of the areas. I only spend my morning on the runies and make sure I space out the rest of my day evenly between dungeons, crops, and girls. That way only once every two weeks I was all over the place working on runies. And since they all increase by 1 on days 1-7 and day 20, I tried to have my rainy days be on those days.
Merli
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Kemine wrote:
Merli wrote:I really want to like this game, I really do, it's such an awesome game. But I really, really dislike the runies. It takes way too much time to grab the grass runies and distribute them about the other areas. I barely have any time for anything else! It's even worse when it's raining, I spend most of the day just entering and exiting just to get 18 runies from my grass factory. Its autumn in my game and I haven't done much in the way of the dungeon :/.

I wish they made it easier to distribute runies so you would have more time for other things.
I thought it was easier to just keep my grass runies. I end up with about 20-21 at the end of the morning after collecting them all, and then just stack them all away in my box in my house. I end up with a lot of runies, but I just check the other areas each morning when I look at them in the blue globe (or via Candy) and if they have either 35 or 36 left, I just distribute enough runies to make 60 in each of the areas. I only spend my morning on the runies and make sure I space out the rest of my day evenly between dungeons, crops, and girls. That way only once every two weeks I was all over the place working on runies. And since they all increase by 1 on days 1-7 and day 20, I tried to have my rainy days be on those days.
That sounds like a good idea, I was gonna get all areas with 60 runies and then start to keep the extras, but that would just take up too much time. But wouldn't the runies deplete too quickly? I have maybe 6 extra runies every day from my grass factories.
Kemine
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Merli wrote:
Kemine wrote:

That sounds like a good idea, I was gonna get all areas with 60 runies and then start to keep the extras, but that would just take up too much time. But wouldn't the runies deplete too quickly? I have maybe 6 extra runies every day from my grass factories.
You only lose 2 grass runies from the prosperity areas each day. As for water/stone/tree, they'll go up. I found out that so long as there's at least 50 of them left in that area, they go back up to 60 by the next morning. Hence why doing the 5w 10s thing works because I can always just take them from the church district, and don't have to run around to too many different places or do a lot of backtracking. And so long as the prosper areas always have 35 or more grass in them (and 35 or more of the others), they're fine.

For those times you need stones for monster breeding, I just use grass stones. I have so many of them that I would just not worry about the factory, but I don't want to build it again, so I figure it'd just be easiest to keep maintaining it. Besides, it really only takes me about two hours in game to work with the runies. (unless it's raining or snowing. Those days it takes me upwards of 6. D: )

Oh, since the runies don't follow the normal pattern on days 1-7 or day 20, I found that you can practically ignore the whole thing on the last day of the month, days 1-6, and day 19 because the next day they all just go up by 1, so you might as well take a break and work on something else.
Merli
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

That wasn't really what I was asking, all my other runies are at 60 and I have prosperity in every area except my grass factory, of course. I stuff water runies there every day, and usually get 28 grass every day, sometimes 29. I usually have 6 or so grass left over after distributing them in the areas, so how can you go a few days without stuffing runies there? I was thinking about letting my grass runies get to 60 before I started doing too much so I could go a few days without looking after them :/.

Sorry if I didn't make much sense, I'm just annoyed that it takes so much time tending to the runies when I could be doing other things like wooing the ladies or making friends with the villagers or leveling up in the dungeon so I can defeat the stupid chickengriffin.
Kemine
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Merli wrote:That wasn't really what I was asking, all my other runies are at 60 and I have prosperity in every area except my grass factory, of course. I stuff water runies there every day, and usually get 28 grass every day, sometimes 29. I usually have 6 or so grass left over after distributing them in the areas, so how can you go a few days without stuffing runies there? I was thinking about letting my grass runies get to 60 before I started doing too much so I could go a few days without looking after them :/.

Sorry if I didn't make much sense, I'm just annoyed that it takes so much time tending to the runies when I could be doing other things like wooing the ladies or making friends with the villagers or leveling up in the dungeon so I can defeat the stupid chickengriffin.
I'm not exactly sure what you're really asking...

I put water runies there every day. Usually about 6 water runies and 10 stone runies and then take out about 20 grass runies. At the end of every day, my grass factory looks like 60/10/0/10. The next morning, it is 54-55/0/0/30-31. And I take care of it each morning. I don't really have much problem with anything depleting anywhere.

As for the grass runies that I take out, I put them in a toolbox in my house. Then when I notice the other areas having only 35-36 grass runies, I take out enough grass runies (from the toolbox in my house) to put them in the other places. Usually it's 7 stacks of 24 (7 areas, each needs 24 grass runies). And I don't really run out. I make more grass runies than I get rid of, so I always have a surplus of them in my toolbox.

The only days I do nothing with the runies are days 30, 19, and 1-6. Days 1-7 and 20 the runies all go up by one, no matter what, all the areas. So there's no reason to prepare the areas for that day. These are good days to take a break and go dungeon crawling.

It really doesn't need to take too much time if you're able to manage it right. As stated earlier, I only spend about two hours in game on runies now that I have a grass factory and all other areas at prosperity. I spend the rest of my day watering crops in dungeons, wooing girls, fighting monsters, fishing if I need money, and crafting/cooking/forging/etc if I have the RP/HP for it. I'm in bed by 1am every night.

Granted, I understand not everyone's methods are the same, and something works better for other people, but for me this system has been helpful for me.
Merli
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Okay, that makes a lot more sense :D. Sorry, I usually just lurk without posting anything, but the runey system is irking me x-x'. I never put in rock runies so I'll try that out.
Kemine
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

No, it's fine, I understand, the runey system is frustrating. But don't let it deter you. Once you're able to get a pattern down with it and a working system that doesn't annoy you, you'll be able to keep playing. Kupo's guide was really helpful for getting the areas to prosperity and getting a grass factory.

But definitely try the 10 stone runies. When you're collecting the water ones, you're probably already collecting stone on accident anyway. It'll really help in cutting down how many water ones you need to get.
Lion Can Guy
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Awesome guide. It really captures how to get those nasty runeys in check. A good complement to it is the Runey Calculator on the app store. It helps with those particularly difficult situations. It also can set up the grass factory mentioned in this guide. RFF is sooooo worth the effort to balance those little guys. Cheers!
Night's Diamond
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Thank you! This is a well-made guide.
Annette Fan
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I love Rune Factory Frontier so much too. It is so fun, the plot us great. The girls are so funny, the leveling up and item creation are great. I could go on and on!! To me it is close to the perfect game but yes there are those annoying things called the runeys. Without runey balance the game becomes less fun and you can't help but feel that it is such a waste of time with all the other things you want to do in the game. I actually put down the game in frustration because of the runeys. THEN I came across something that brought the game to a best Wii game ever status that it deserves. The thing is called the Runey Calculator - for Rune Factory Frontier. It is on the iPhone app store and was designed specifically you give you live help with runeys. It used grass farms which is a much talked-about approach and it gives you a detailed runey plan no matter hot bad you distribution is. I have to say it was a huge help for me. I was so glad to actually finish the game that I love so much. With the app you do need to enter your runey counts each time you want to redistribute but there is a customized number pad that is pretty quick. It works so well I ended up having more rune stones that I knew what to do with. I ended up just selling them or giving them to Bianca (I love irritating her with weird gifts). Anyway I wanted to share because this thing was pretty amazing. It is the runey help that I know a lot of us needed! Have fun with the game!
Zetta7
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

@Annete: Too bad i dont have an Iphone :c

and really...hyper bad since i hate the runey sistem>:0

RUNEY SISTEM YOU ARE RUINING MY LIFE >:c
rainydaze
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

how come there are three digits possible for each runey in each area if the max is 60?

And this guide helps so much! thanks!
MukuMuku
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I'm going to put this thread in my favourites. I didn't understand the whole Runey thing (and i've been playing RFF for ages lol) but after reading all the info in this thread it makes more sense now. Just a quick question though...what happens in winter when you can't grow fodder on your farm?

Oh and i've also saved it in a Word document on my laptop as well, if that's ok, so i can get to it easily. :)
Kemine
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Disclaimer: I know it's been 15 days, but it's a stickied topic and I felt bad no one had replied. I haven't played my game in well over a year and a half nor do I have it with me, I lent it to my dad, so I can't even pop it open to double check since he lives 9 hours away. But I went ahead and re-skimmed what had already been said, but I don't know how many details I can really get into since it has been a very long time since I've played, but I can try.
MukuMuku wrote:I'm going to put this thread in my favourites. I didn't understand the whole Runey thing (and i've been playing RFF for ages lol) but after reading all the info in this thread it makes more sense now. Just a quick question though...what happens in winter when you can't grow fodder on your farm?

Oh and i've also saved it in a Word document on my laptop as well, if that's ok, so i can get to it easily. :)
I think with the winter, it's not a big deal if you've already grown your areas to prosperity. I think, that if right now you're in fall or winter, you may just want to wait till spring when you can go ahead and grow fodder on your homestead.

But otherwise, if you're in spring and summer, you can go ahead and start. Once you've already got your homestead at prosperity, a grass factory set up (I used the place where Mist's house is), and all your other areas working and in prosperity, I think you should be fine. I always ended up with stacks and stacks of runeys, and I think that even though you may not be growing anything on your homestead, you should be okay.
Sanbimu
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Hello! Thanks a lot for this guide. With its help I have 4 areas (including my homestead) in prosperity already at only Spring 15th, year 1. :)

However, I wonder... I have the poly lake (English name? Sorry, I don't play it in English) in prosperity. I put 40 of each runeys into the area, but the grass runeys get reduced by 4! each day instead of only 2. In the southern district (again, English name? It's hwere Cross and Eric live) the plan works perfectly well and only 2 grass runeys are eaten up every day.

Can anyone explain this to me? Why would the grass runeys get reduced by 4 each day at the lake area instead of 2?

Thanks for your help in advance.