Figured out an institution that should be in HM12

Nintendo 3DS. The first Bokujou Monogatari game localized by XSeed Games. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Feb 2014. NA release = Mar 2015. EU release = Dec 2015.
Jake Johnson
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Harvest Moon 12 needs a bank.

I've thought about trying to place one in previous games, and thought one could have fit into Harvest Moon as far back as Magical Melody (maybe.)

Basically, you get your loan for your first farmland via the bank; and pay it back (interest would be gained at about 7.5% per year on the loan until principal and interest are paid off completely.)

Then, depending on your speed in paying the loan and regularity of payments, the bank might offer you another loan (feel free to use this as you see fit - buying new land, buying seeds, buying stock, upgrading your buildings, etc.)
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Interesting idea but it probably won't ever happen v.v. At least not like that. I imagine if they did have a bank system it would be like the one in Animal Crossing. Very simple and with few features.

I bet the main reason for the bank (if they added one) would really be just to add a new job to the series so the game won't have nearly the exact same career set as all the other HMs.
Nikkicat94
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

I feel like someone has a degree in business! :)
Domineam
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Then you don't pay your loan, the bank repossesses your land, and it's game over. :lol:

I love the bank idea, but I agree with Googa, they would make it very simple if they ever did anything like this. The main demographic for the game is kids, so things like loans with interest are something I doubt we'll see. But I think a more realistic HM with things like this would be awesome. Like, all the crazy little details in GTA but in HM. Can you imagine? :P
sadeofraine
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

I've been wanting a bank to put my money in since I last played Majora's Mask. I think if implemented right, it would be a great idea. It would likely be simplified, which is fine by me because I'm one of those ZOMG MATH'S HARD YOU GUYS I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH FINGERS people.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I wish HM games have a bank just like animal crossing games :) I'm really bas at saving money in HM games.
nightshade2010
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

actually my nephew wonders why theres no butcher/meat section in the stores........
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

nightshade2010 wrote:actually my nephew wonders why theres no butcher/meat section in the stores........
I used to have in my sig "Harvesting Bacon ... with an Ax!" I guess slaughtering animals is a little too much for the kids.

It really got weird though when cooking and none of the recipes seemed to have any kind of meat in them, yet the product they were mimicking did have meat.

A bank would be interesting though. Never thought about how I was carrying hundreds of thousands of gold with me all the time.
Jake Johnson
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

"didn't have meat," huh?

What, exactly, are eggs and fish?

Both of which can be cooked and eaten, BTW
Meevers
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Jake Johnson wrote:"didn't have meat," huh?

What, exactly, are eggs and fish?

Both of which can be cooked and eaten, BTW
Eggs are not meat. They are the product of an animal, but they are not an actual animal (like wool and mik). The eggs we eat are not fertilised, and are therefore not 'dead chicks' like some people seem to say.

Also, don't post in a topic that is over 10 days old, it's against forum rules.
ChibiBat
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Hmm... I actually like the bank idea. It'd be easier to save money I think if you could put away like 10 to 100G every so often, because it would build up before you realized it LoL. It'd be really cool if you could get like an ATM type of deal for days when you need money but the bank is closed like in real life. XD

I'd also like a sprinkler system, especially if you could build it. I mean, if we're gonna get to build stuff, why can't it be for just our farm? Unless I get some cash on the side for having built someone's business (like a silent partner or something), then I find it irritating I have to spend all my time building their stuff. I mean, yeah it gives you something to do, but I'd like some kind of pay off besides having someone else to befriend. -_-

And to have the spouse and child help out with stuff instead of just standing around like garden gnomes would be nice, like in Animal Parade.

OH! And maybe some fun new kinds of supernatural characters like a vampire who drinks tomato juice like on Gabrielle's Ghostly groove XD would be cool! Or maybe a mummy who runs the clothing store? And it'd be cooler if they were marriage candidates like the Witch Princess, and they change gender depending on which gender you are so you can marry them, like the rival does in Magical Melody. Or just give us the option of marrying the same gender, would also be nice. I miss my same marriage codes Lmfao!