Witchie refusing gifts

Nintendo 3DS. The first Bokujou Monogatari game localized by XSeed Games. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Feb 2014. NA release = Mar 2015. EU release = Dec 2015.
Rose Petals
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

In my game, I'm in year 4 during spring. I've managed to befriend Dessie with no problem. I'd like to befriend Witchie as well. Every time I try to give her a gift, including her loved gift, she refuses it by shouting she doesn't want it. I know that Dessie won't take a gift unless I throw it into her pool. How do I give Witchie a gift? Do I have to give it to one of her frogs or something? I've tried almost everything.
Yuuki_
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

You're supposed to talk to someone first. Would you accept a gift from a stranger who never speaks to you?

I never had trouble giving Dessie a gift face to face.
Rose Petals
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I tried talking to her first. She still won't take the gift. I tried talking to her everyday for a week and still nothing. I'm playing the EU version if that makes any difference, or if there is a glitch or something.

In that week, I saved first. Then talked to her and tried giving her a gift. She refused, then I reloaded. This time around I just talked to her. I didn't have this problem with any other villagers. When I first unlocked Nadi, Kamil and Licorice, I could give them a gift on their first day in town.
Madara
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

I think the mystical characters are a bit different. I think you need a certain amount of FP before they accept gifts. I know I had this problem for a bit with Pepita because I can never find her ever ^^" and it took ~10 days? before she would take my cream puffs.

I never had that problem with Witchie though. She'd just be mad for 1 day and then get over it but I had music notes with her at the time.

For Dessie, I'm not sure if the pond gifts count for her friendship. You need to give her gifts in person for that?
Rose Petals
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Madara wrote:For Dessie, I'm not sure if the pond gifts count for her friendship. You need to give her gifts in person for that?
The pond gifts do count. When I press the shoulder button, she has hearts over her head. I got a letter from Gaia about Dessie, and Mistel's Antique Shop started selling the pattern for the white habit. I've never been able to give her a gift in person she just tells me to throw it into the pond.

10 days? I could do that. I'll stop saving/reloading then, and just talking to her for 10 days before attempting to gift anything.
Karry
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

I'm not sure if the feature is in this game, but if you only started talking to Witchie, that might be the problem. All of the villagers, including the normal townsfolk, won't accept gifts if you don't talk to them for a certain amount of time - at least that's how it is in some of the previous games, I imagine SoS also has this. Talk to her for a few days, and you'll be able to give her gifts soon.
Rose Petals
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Talking did help. I tried just talking for 10 days, then gave her a gift on the 11th. I didn't save/try to gift/reload at all. I don't know if she would have accepted them sooner. Thanks for all the comments, guys. It did help.