So... How's everyone valley looking?

The first mainline Harvest Moon game developed by Natsume. Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = None. NA release = Nov 2014. EU release = Jun 2015.
NurseFlan
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Thanks for sharing all the great pictures, I came to this thread for some inspiration and it's been wonderful!
I wan't to see more *o*
Freelance Wolf
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

My project is underway. Here's what I did so far:

Lirishae
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

It's looking good! :D I can't imagine how tedious it must be to grind for all that soil and stone, not to mention the fact you can only make nine tiles per trip @_@ The number of mats you need to make virtually everything in this game is way too much.
irulethegalaxy
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

Lirishae wrote:It's looking good! :D I can't imagine how tedious it must be to grind for all that soil and stone, not to mention the fact you can only make nine tiles per trip @_@ The number of mats you need to make virtually everything in this game is way too much.

And since on average you can only make 3-4 trips per day before you run out of time, which limits the amount of material stone you can gather for the tiles, you're pretty lucky if you can get more than 18 each time Doc visits if you're doing much of anything else in your game. I've got tiles running down my swampy testing grounds (because why not?), and it took pretty much a solid season of work to get them all. And that was only about 60 tiles!
Freelance Wolf
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Tell me about it. My wall is frickin' huge with 100+ tiles so...yeah. If only I could carry more than 99 items in a bag. I'd be able to make more tiles in one trip. Ugh.
Last edited by Freelance Wolf on Aug 19, 2015 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lirishae
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Or craft items from storage like in SoS. That would be a really nice quality-of-life type change for Seeds of Memories.
Freelance Wolf
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Sorry, guys. There's been some really good games that have come out lately that I am having trouble trying to find the time (and the motivation) to finish my wall.
Lirishae
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

No worries ^^ I took a break myself after finishing the last guide since I was a little TLV'd out at that point. I've still got things left to do in the game though, which I'll hopefully wrap up in time before Seeds of Memories come out.
Freelance Wolf
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Thanks man. I did finish the left tower from the last pic I posted, and a bit past the stairs, but I never posted an updated pic here. It's amazing I managed to get some work done at all, given how tedious it is to gather the materials. I wish Natsume didn't make it so hard to beautify the valley. I'd rather just farm like normal and simply -buy- stone tiles for me to place, instead of making me mine soooo much and refining them all. I'd be more inclined to finish my project faster if that was the case.

Games I got recently:

Farming Simulator 16 (Vita)
That YGO 3DS game
More pinball tables (Vita)
AC Happy Home Designer (3DS)

So many cool games. It's hard to juggle them all. Now I'm thinking of getting a LEGO game on the Vita since some are on sale this week.
Lirishae
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I'm a girl, but you're welcome xD And yeah, everything in TLV takes way too many materials to craft, not to mention too many rare materials @_@ Iron for example is only used to make a windmill, and that's it. By all rights fences and bridges should use iron but no, they use bronze and mithril. Since you get a free windmill from Doc when you unlock the ability to craft it and you can't sell or discard it, iron is more or less a glorified quest item. Hopefully they'll tweak the economy a bit in Seeds of Memories; it's not an easy thing to balance.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Oh. Um, I'm a girl too BTW :D

Yeah, the materials make no sense. You'd think a STONE tile would use just STONE, but NO.
Freelance Wolf
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:Oh. Um, I'm a girl too BTW :D

Yeah, the materials make no sense. You'd think a STONE tile would use just STONE, but NO.
OH « Puppy Doodoo ». That was me BTW. I forgot to log in, despite setting it so that it logs me automatically. This section of the forums is quite dead at this point. I'd like to see more pics of your WIP (if you have any) just to keep this thread alive.
Lirishae
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

No worries xD

Hmm, I can't really say I have anything nice to show off. I wasn't doing much terraforming before I took a break since I was mostly working on FAQ-related stuffs. Awhile back I slapped together an album of pics to give someone ideas on how to arrange their farm, but it's mostly utilitarian and nothing fancy. If you want to look at it anyway, here it is:

The first pics are from my second save file, and the last ones from my first. I keep going back and forth on whether or not to demolish Test Mountain on my first file, so I can proceed with my original idea. On one hand it's not really needed anymore, but on the other hand it's like a piece of history or something xD When I think of how awesome it was to see a brand new mutation no other player had ever seen before, I just can't make myself take it down.
HarvestArtist
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I'm happy to announce that my valley is done!!

I'll do a tour video soon.
kristaok
Banned: Trolling

Post  Posted:

I'll have to post a pic later, I have the binoculars but I want to wait until my snow finally melts. I'm not far from getting the summer crystal. I think my valley looks okay, nothing spectacular but ya know. ;P