Waterfalls and bodies of water

The first mainline Harvest Moon game developed by Natsume. Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = None. NA release = Nov 2014. EU release = Jun 2015.
Meevers
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I'm totally new to this game. So, I'm just wondering, how exactly do I make a waterfall or say a lake or river anywhere? I mean, away from the natural flowing rivers even if at all possible? I want to make two small waterfalls by the entrance to my house area on either side starting in front of the two stone statue things. But I have no clue what so ever how to do this. I can make water paths now, but I obviously can't make water flow up hill, and the option to dig water paths anywhere isn't there, only by the rivers.

I'm confused. :oops:
Lirishae
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Sorry for the delay in getting you an answer; I've been recovering from a moderately extensive surgery and only just resurfaced on the internet D:

There's nothing like water buckets or anything to transport water to different locations or elevations, so you'll have to build a massive water channel alllllll the way from the entrance to the Goddess Spring leading all the way back to your valley entrance. It's a serious pain in the neck, but the pay-off is rewarding; I did it in my game ^^ To build a waterfall, there needs to be somewhere for the water to go. So if you're unexpectedly met with a fence instead of water cascading downward, you need to go the tile where the water should be flowing to and select "Dig water channel." This will create a water tile for the waterfall to flow into, and the fence will disappear to create a waterfall ^^ I hope this helps, but if it doesn't, let me know and I'll get some screenshots for you to illustrate.