So, a thousand hours of gameplay in...

The first mainline Harvest Moon game developed by Natsume. Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = None. NA release = Nov 2014. EU release = Jun 2015.
irulethegalaxy
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

And I JUST discovered that you get your wedding clothes as a free outfit.

Guess who has two thumbs and is farming in a wedding gown?
AllHarvestMoon
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I know, right? :) on my other married file, I only wore my wedding dress on our anniversary.
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Hehe, now you can be the crazy lady living on the mountain who goes around doing farm work on her wedding gown :lol:

I use the wedding hairstyle on my file (boy), it's petty nice. Wish the tuxedo was black instead of white, I'd use it more often.
irulethegalaxy
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

It'd be nice if you could make your spouse wear their wedding gear too. But it's pretty funny farming in my gown considering I married Hunter and he's wearing bib overalls. I put my boy farmer in his wedding duds too, but since he married Catherine, I could see her insisting on formal farming gear?

Also....dear « Harvest Goddess », just take off the hat for the CEREMONY. Ugh. I almost reverted to a previous save to choose someone else at that point. Emily wears hers, too. I think Andrea keeps her monocle as well.
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Maybe he thinks y'all married him for the hat.
irulethegalaxy
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

Getaris wrote:Maybe he thinks y'all married him for the hat.

Maybe!

I think Hunters' post marriage text is a bit bugged, the only thing he says to me are the same things as he does outside of the house. Catherine I thought got new dialog, but maybe I wasn't paying attention. What's funny is Catherine sleeps until noon and in the evenings she's often standing by the bookshelf reading, but Hunter just sort of wanders around. I thought that was a rather nice detail, that different characters have different behaviors in your house. Might take my blank copy sometime and see what other characters do....
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I married April on my file and she rarely, if ever, says anything different. It's usually "this valley is beautiful now" and "I like pink, you like red?", with the occasional reminder that I have an ongoing quest for her, and the rare comment about our child. She also just wanders around the house.

So I guess Catherine must be a special case. I wonder if other partners have special routines.

On a related note, everybody else constantly congratulates me for my new baby, even though he's almost two years old :P