How 2 waterfall?

The first mainline Harvest Moon game developed by Natsume. Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = None. NA release = Nov 2014. EU release = Jun 2015.
Murasaki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

So to make waterfalls like this:

http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/scr ... 141104.jpg

The wall it flows down has to be a flat face, I guess. So do you have to build a wall two blocks deep (or three?) from the HG's level and then make a lake at the bottom then chip away the wall(s)? Run one square wide river at the top then dig them open walking backwards at the top?

So much confuse.

My brain is refusing to wrap itself around this. All my other waterfalls are weird tiered ones that break up in random steps. Sat in-game for hours trying to figure out how to make waterfalls like in the dream.

Halp please. (Does Lirishae still play?)
Murasaki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Okay, I got the thing to work on one square so just gotta keep digging. So much digging.

Too bad you can't make the water go uphill. >_<
Nate McCloud
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Seriously. >_< Well, it's a good thing they left an unfillable water block at Level 31 so that it never becomes an unfixable problem.
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

To create a waterfall, you need a water square on a high place, right at the border so it has a little dam next to it.

And then the only thing you need to do is go to a lower place and dig the the dirt square directly below the dam.

As you mention.... Waterfalls can only go from high to low, you can't create them the other way around. So if you want a high waterfall in a far away place, you first must build a walkway from the source of the water to that place, move the water square by square and then destroy the walkway after you relocated the water successfully. It's a tiring process.

I'd personally recommend making the waterfall shape with soil first, and then adding the water at the very end.