Buying seeds?

The first mainline Harvest Moon game developed by Natsume. Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = None. NA release = Nov 2014. EU release = Jun 2015.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I'm on the part of getting the summer crystal where you need to buy the three different types of rose seeds from Iris. For some reason even though I have more than enough money and all types are on the list, it will only let me buy pink rose seeds. How do I fix this? It's Winter 11, if that helps.
Murasaki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Check the game site for the how-to. Also GameFAQs has Lirishae's walkthrough and stuff.

I just picked this game back up after like a year and my storyline was already finished, so I don't remember what all was involved with opening the seasons.
HarvestRat
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Maybe you already bought 99? In this case you won't get more :) (Did happen to me...)
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

If the shops refuse to sell you someting, it means your bag is full of items. Go to your house and store some in the fridge or shelf.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Thanks! That's helpful.
Murasaki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Oh the full bag mess. The bag we have is SO VERY TOO SMALL. Maybe I'm spoiled from SoS and others with huge bag space. Even SoM can hold like 999 of a thing in the storage.

I've never played a HM that I had to keep running back to empty my bag AND take stuff out of storage and sell to Sam in a hurry (can't even wait for Hanna to show up).

Buying from Sam when your bag is full does that grayed out thing but it doesn't say what the problem is since you can buy more of whatever seed you already own. It's wonky.
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Hehe the funny part is that they wanted to make bag infinite.

Until we told them not to.

I don't mind the current system, but I wish the shopkeepers could work directly with your storage instead of being tied to the items in your bag.
Murasaki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Getaris wrote:Hehe the funny part is that they wanted to make bag infinite.

What you do that for?? You can never have enough storage space or a purse big enough!!
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Murasaki wrote:
Getaris wrote:Hehe the funny part is that they wanted to make bag infinite.

What you do that for?? You can never have enough storage space or a purse big enough!!

Because it's realistic that you could carry around that stuff in real life? As it is, the bag holds way more than a human could carry. And at that point, why bother with having any other storage? And if you don't have any other storage, you'd have to be carrying all your seeds with you, meaning you'd have to cycle through ten gazillion seeds....

The bag is actually pretty darn large, as long as you clear out stuff you don't need to be hauling around with you constantly now and again.
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yeah, the bag is rather large already. With 32 spots for 99-stacks of consumables and infinite space for tools, plot items and Architect items.

I remember the community (me included) asked for inventory space to be limited because having infinite space was a bit too much.

My only issue with it is that since Brutus and Doc can only work with items on your bag, and most of Doc's items require tons of material, building stuff takes months. Specifically floor tiles.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I get the bag space being limited, but couldn't we at least have unlimited storage, or at least a way to expand one or the other?
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

The only time the bag/storage limit was really a problem was if you wanted to construct a bunch of tiles--and that was mostly due to the extremely high material cost of constructing those items. I think the only other place I ever hit absolute capacity was with eggs.

If they knock down the material cost of stuff like tiles for the next game, I think the bag and storage limits will probably be just fine. It WAS pretty annoying (and ruinously expensive) to have a full bag/storage load of stone and soil just to produce 30 or so tiles :/.
Murasaki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Of course it's not realistic to have warehouse sized storage space on your character but this IS a game - "realistic" is not Even a consideration. Come on, you're growing veggies in 3 days and petting a huge brown bear wandering in your garden. Nothing is realistic in our beloved HM games.

Lost Valley has a lot of limitations other HMs don't have, even Natsume's little Seeds of Memories has some better gameplay mechanics. Not being able to use/sell/cook things directly from your storage is the big show stopper. Running back and forth to Doc or Brutus on the few days they show up is like a built-in time sink.

Hopefully they'll give us a full game with Skytree with all the bad taken out - especially foggy weather days! Yes, I can reload unless I didn't get to save before midnite, which can happen.