That feel when

The first mainline Harvest Moon game developed by Natsume. Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = None. NA release = Nov 2014. EU release = Jun 2015.
Murasaki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

You see your dog outside at 7pm and realize you never put the animals back in the barn. Redo the day. /bah
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Maybe I am horrible, but if I did that I always just left 'em there LOL. The stress gain is minimal (and cured by proper care the next day).

Plus, do it enough and the animals gain a skill that makes them stress less anyway.

(My issue is pretty much constantly forgetting to feed my kid. I AM horrible)
Murasaki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:Maybe I am horrible, but if I did that I always just left 'em there LOL. The stress gain is minimal (and cured by proper care the next day).

Plus, do it enough and the animals gain a skill that makes them stress less anyway.

(My issue is pretty much constantly forgetting to feed my kid. I AM horrible)
I can't do that! Pseudo-perfectionist means gotta replay any mess-ups. >_<

Even reloaded when I forgot to feed the kid - so lost 2 days. I forget to talk to people so they say sad things when you finally do. I don't like that but the days are too short - I'm busy!
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

They only get like 1% stress for sleeping outside, so redoing the whole day doesn't seem worth it to me. :shifty:

In fact, the little variations, like forgetting to put them inside or feeding the child make the game feel a bit more varied every now and then. Not that I'd do it on purpose, but I'll gladly "take the bullet" when it happens. If only to shake up the routine a bit.

Also, I wonder... If your animals are outside and you pocket the barn... Will they be pocketed with it or remain outside? If it's the first, then that could be a way to get them back in.
Murasaki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Hmm, pocketing the barn with animals outside. I should try that.

I know it's not that detrimental but I just hate the imperfect HM moment.

e: okay tried that. Doesn't work. The building goes in your pocket but the animals are still wandering around outside. Was a good idea - too bad.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Huh, I wonder what the effect of simply not having a barn would be then (ie, put 'em out, take the barn away permanently). If it's just a mild stress gain each day...free food, forever! Though I guess storms and other bad weather would probably be super bad. I guess you'd get those stress-related skills up really fast, though.

My first time with the kid, I think I missed the first meal (because I didn't realize that the kid would start out hungry, I guess) and then NEVER another one. The second time...ohhhhhh, I'm a terrible parent. Though can we ask what the heck is wrong with your lazy spouse that they NEVER feed the kid? Or that when the kid cries at night because it's hungry it doesn't occur to either parent to feed the kid at THAT point and to back to sleep? Between that and the fact that you pretty much leave your kid unattended for huge swaths of time, it's sort of a wonder it survives LOL.

It's be pretty funny if there were a HM game where for 6 months of the kids' life you have to carry it in a baby sling, and then after that either watch it as it runs free or pay a daily babysitter....
Murasaki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I really like the option to put away your barns. Leaving them out 24/7 and having them die all over the valley would be pretty messed up.

The kid thing is so much fantasy, you can't even associate real life to that. Or for anything in these games, really. =P
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Murasaki wrote:I really like the option to put away your barns. Leaving them out 24/7 and having them die all over the valley would be pretty messed up.

The kid thing is so much fantasy, you can't even associate real life to that. Or for anything in these games, really. =P

Powersaves says I can kill my critters and then just restore though :P. If you whipped out the barn for bad weather though, it might be a feasible way to deal with animals. Stupid, but feasible. Curiosity dictates that I try it now LOL.

And the kids, oh yeah, it's fantasy. TBH, it's not even the worst break from reality. I just finally had my kids in SOS. Having played ANB, I promptly named them Lump and Lumpet (stupid 6 letter limit), since I knew that I'd probably not play long enough after that to really see them do anything--I played 180 hours before bothering to marry, because eh. I want to get those final animals, but already the animal care is just ridiculous because you have to keep SO many (and we can't dye alpaca wool brown or normal rabbit fur grey because....?) So I find it hard to go back, and generally only get through 1-2 days when I do. This is a chronic thing I do, my ANB kids never got to grow up either LOL.
AllHarvestMoon
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Ugh, my stomach sinks when I realize that I forget something as easy as this! Speaking of animals, and barns, how in the world do people feel like taking the time to make their farm pretty?! I try, but I just can't *sob* :)
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Whenever I want to start a terraforming project, I take a month off crops and dedicate to terraforming until I'm done.

Makes for a welcome change of pace every now and then :wink:
Last edited by Getaris on Aug 22, 2016 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AllHarvestMoon
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Getaris wrote:Whenever I want to start a terraforming project, I take a month off crops and dedicate to terraforming until I'm done.

Makes for a welcome change of peace every now and then :wink:
Huh, I never thought about that. Thx!
Spoiler:
i hope this makes some people laugh ;) : So, I was babysitting my neighbor's 6 year old girl,and she said to me, "Why are you so ugly?" And this is what I said: "IM YOU! FROM THE FUTURE!" She cried for an hour. It's so mean, but it's really funny!
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

AllHarvestMoon wrote:Ugh, my stomach sinks when I realize that I forget something as easy as this! Speaking of animals, and barns, how in the world do people feel like taking the time to make their farm pretty?! I try, but I just can't *sob* :)
My games are in year 13 and year...8? respectively, so I have all the crops unlocked (I think I am missing one or two in the year 8 one, waiting for the seasons to roll around to get 'em). So I basically just have animals, a few crops (mandrakes, baby carrots, fodder corn), and time to build. But even before that, near the end of the season or on rainy days I'd spend time messing around making things.
Murasaki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Those dream pictures of pretty terraformed crops or a garden setting with fencing and flowers and fruit trees planted next to each other like a windbreak...yeah, fake.

With Dewey's watering, the crops should be in long rows (planting and harvesting is easier this way), planted next to each other on a level field. My crop areas (different elevations!) are very utilitarian and fugly. But it's mutating and working.

Maybe someday it won't look so bleak.

But even my SoS farm was a mess, the second area full of "combos" shoved together. Maybe I'm just a results oriented HM player and not that prissy about appearances.
AllHarvestMoon!
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Murasaki wrote:Those dream pictures of pretty terraformed crops or a garden setting with fencing and flowers and fruit trees planted next to each other like a windbreak...yeah, fake.

With Dewey's watering, the crops should be in long rows (planting and harvesting is easier this way), planted next to each other on a level field. My crop areas (different elevations!) are very utilitarian and fugly. But it's mutating and working.

Maybe someday it won't look so bleak.

But even my SoS farm was a mess, the second area full of "combos" shoved together. Maybe I'm just a results oriented HM player and not that prissy about appearances.
Yes, when u see the dreams, you're like, I want this! I think I'll just leave the land like it is.(really only because I remember how much work it took me in HMDS.)
Oh, IMPORTANT: My new name is AllHarvestMoon!, not just AllHarvestMoon. :)
Murasaki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Strange, you don't have a post count showing or nuthin. Brand new account here?