Help! My crops are disappearing

The first mainline Harvest Moon game developed by Natsume. Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = None. NA release = Nov 2014. EU release = Jun 2015.
Halloween
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Hi y'all!

So I'm on Fall 5, my first year - so, technically, winter. I'm having two weird issues with my crops, and I'm wondering if it's something that I do.

First of all, when the restored summer changed to winter, all my crops died. I had watered them the day before, but they were just withered, all 10 x 9 fields. And now, they disappear overnight. I had 5 fields of 9 when I went to sleep, and just 4 fields when I woke up, and this has happened every day - one kind of crops, overnight gone. It makes it really hard to fullfil any kind of requests, and I'm dreading trying to grow roses for 11 days straight. Does anyone know what's going on? I have downloaded the update they released a few months back, so it's not that.

Thank you!
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Hm, when the month changes, it's normal for crops to wither in this game.

But it definitely is not normal for them to just straight up disappear.

Have you been saving the game before you stop playing?

In case they're actually withering, there's some crops that are more frail than others, are you watering them daily? Try adding some fertilizer.