Starting again! Anyone playing right now?

The first mainline Harvest Moon game developed by Natsume. Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = None. NA release = Nov 2014. EU release = Jun 2015.
Samansu
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

Getaris wrote:Floor tiles should work fine.
Awesome! Good to know!

Btw... Does anyone know if it matters what level you win festivals at for the rank achievements? Do I need to do intermediate or advanced to get the Egg, Fishing, Cooking, and Horse Race accomplishments, or can I simply do beginner if I don't care about the prizes? :shock:
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

As far as I know, the levels don't matter. Just winning any level will give you another win for the list.
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I got around to finishing the he-3 project and immediately started creating some sort of flower-shaped pond in the center of it, surrounding the water well. For some reason.

I didn't plan very well, so the fourth petal will have to wait until the strawberries die out, but I like how it looks.
Samansu
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

Getaris wrote:I got around to finishing the he-3 project and immediately started creating some sort of flower-shaped pond in the center of it, surrounding the water well. For some reason.

I didn't plan very well, so the fourth petal will have to wait until the strawberries die out, but I like how it looks.
Oh! That looks super cool! Great job!
Samansu
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

So... I FINISHED THE MAIN STORY WOOT!!!

~In Summer of Year 3
~My valley is also completely terraformed to my liking
~Working on getting enough money to upgrade house and marry Luke (at 250K)
~Working on Mutations and Requests mostly

Hooray! \o.o/
Limepickle
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I started 3rd time (DLC bugs). I’m mid summer year 1. No sheep for sale, a little worried I’m bugged again. Found Calvin in NW corner on a ledge where no crops are in sight. I so don’t want to have to restart. I have original release game, and I bought all the DLC stuff. This time around I had no additional downloads.
Every restart has slightly different map of goddess spring area.
Hoping sheep appear for sale in fall. Just bought horse and dog.
Soon, hammer! Joy joy.
1st 2 attempts, made it to middle year 2.
2nd attempt spring restored (year 2). Had problems with the sprites and horse. Dewy’s watering made no difference. Did a few test runs. Planted 3 sets of crops, 1 I watered, 2nd Dewy watered, 3rd no water by me. Dewy’s watered plants were the same as if no water at all.
Also had dying plants elsewhere. Of 24 crimsons, I think 18 great. Only a solo plant made it through winter 2.

I really like game, I would definitely tweak it some. Clock too fast, option to save before sleep. No idea why mines have so much lag. More slots in rucksack. An altimeter would rock!

Does anyone play on twitch? I watched people play ACNL on twitch, was awesome! Maybe Ceecee or Natsume people could have a channel. Just for questions and bugs. Had to call them second time around. Really didn’t want to start over yet again. Great way to promote games!
Samansu
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

Limepickle wrote:I started 3rd time (DLC bugs). I’m mid summer year 1. No sheep for sale, a little worried I’m bugged again. Found Calvin in NW corner on a ledge where no crops are in sight. I so don’t want to have to restart. I have original release game, and I bought all the DLC stuff. This time around I had no additional downloads.
Every restart has slightly different map of goddess spring area.
Hoping sheep appear for sale in fall. Just bought horse and dog.
Soon, hammer! Joy joy.
1st 2 attempts, made it to middle year 2.
2nd attempt spring restored (year 2). Had problems with the sprites and horse. Dewy’s watering made no difference. Did a few test runs. Planted 3 sets of crops, 1 I watered, 2nd Dewy watered, 3rd no water by me. Dewy’s watered plants were the same as if no water at all.
Also had dying plants elsewhere. Of 24 crimsons, I think 18 great. Only a solo plant made it through winter 2.

I really like game, I would definitely tweak it some. Clock too fast, option to save before sleep. No idea why mines have so much lag. More slots in rucksack. An altimeter would rock!

Does anyone play on twitch? I watched people play ACNL on twitch, was awesome! Maybe Ceecee or Natsume people could have a channel. Just for questions and bugs. Had to call them second time around. Really didn’t want to start over yet again. Great way to promote games!
Oh nice! I am almost done with Summer of Year 4 now. Married to Luke and waiting on the baby! ^-^

Oh dear! I never even knew there WERE glitches! Hopefully this file is fine?

I agree the clock runs to quick! Especially on festival days it is so hard to get everything done... You mean you want to have the option to save as you sleep? I have never had lag in the mines, but if I use Woody or Flint I get lag at the beginning of every new hour. A slightly larger rucksack would also be helpful. Especially on days you need to refine ores!

I do not use Twitch unfortunately. Sorry! ;~;
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I've never encountered any glitches like those.

Only the usual "character's body moves, but their interaction box stays" and the like.

I did once softlock my game by trying to dig down while a bunny moved to the same spot at the same time. But it didn't affect my file or anything like that.
Samansu
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

Getaris wrote:I've never encountered any glitches like those.

Only the usual "character's body moves, but their interaction box stays" and the like.

I did once softlock my game by trying to dig down while a bunny moved to the same spot at the same time. But it didn't affect my file or anything like that.
The main glitch I keep getting is being 'stuck.' I pick up a chicken, dog, small animal, or the baby. then when I put them down I can't walk out of the spot... I have always been able to fix it by jumping out of the spot, but it is weird.

Anyway! I have a walking toddler daughter named Ann now, and I'm beginning to get the sleeping sickness nightmare. I have unlocked a bunch of crops: red cabbage, scallions, white berries, magical berries, baby spinach, giant pumpkin, squash, and yellow pansy. I am close to unlocking seeds for several more. My 'completeness' goal is to unlock all the seeds! ^-^
Samansu
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

Lol! Baby got sleeping sickness on Spring 6. Baby woke up from sleeping sickness on Spring 7. \o.o/ Post game story done! Now to unlock all the seeds! \o.o/
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Wow that was more like just a nap!
Samansu
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

Getaris wrote:Wow that was more like just a nap!
Lol yup! Being a hoarder pays off! \o.o/
jaden_yuki545
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Just started a new game, and will be marrying Hunter (already decided!). Just got my FIRST dream from the H.G. (the one about her missing bracelet). other than that, nothing else to report.
coma
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Hi!

I've just started a new file too, a few days ago!
I'm almost at the end of fall and I am near meeting the underworld king!
I think I will be marrying Tony!