House Remodeling

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
white66
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Does this game have same system as the last two where you choose wallpaper, flooring and furniture separately, or is there just one fixed interior for each town? I've read some posts about how you can have the exterior in one style but the interior in another, which gives the impression that there's less customization this time
kasib
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

yeah, it's less customization.
you can change the exterior and the interior of your house, but it's fixed so no real customization beyond that.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

kasib wrote:
yeah, it's less customization.
you can change the exterior and the interior of your house, but it's fixed so no real customization beyond that.
I like that more than SoS. Personally, it felt a bit too chaotic and I wouldn't make a series of furniture unless I had all of the available patterns for that series.
white66

Post  Posted:

Well that's a shame, but you're right Ronin19, the last two systems were way too expansive, I just wish the step back hadn't been so drastic
ChaosAzerothCat
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

This is actually really disappointing to me.

Hell, I loved having the upstairs and downstairs different floor/wallpaper.

Eh the pets care cute at least. <3
LiliaoftheWind
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I actually like this change. From the pictures I've seen, there's so many house exteriors that I've lost count after 7. Each one is unique from one another and the interiors are lovely and go very well with them from what I've seen.
white66

Post  Posted:

Are you sure the different house exteriors aren't just different stages of expansion? On the japanese wiki it only lists 3 options for each expansion
Sforzur
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

white66 wrote:Are you sure the different house exteriors aren't just different stages of expansion? On the japanese wiki it only lists 3 options for each expansion
I can confirm that there are more varieties than the wiki lists. The very last upgrade allows you to select more than the three town-specific styles. Here's what I have available at the moment:
Spoiler:
white66

Post  Posted:

^Ah, thank you, does this go for the interiors as well?
Sforzur
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

↑ It does; for every exterior listed, there is a matching interior.
FuranSuwa
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I saw some of the special house remodeling on the miiverse ! They are cool but kind of weird, I don't think I'll use it...
I saw the "pets" one, very colorful, with animl footprints and forms, reminds me of a cat café, interior is pretty normal but exterior very original. I saw many of the "ruins" one, wich looks exactly like ruins, both inside and outside (rocks, plants, etc...) and don't really look like a house. I also saw another remodeling type but only from exterior, very close to the ruins but more blueish, with corals, so maybe a mermaid type ? idk

It is a very interesting idea anyway, and if we can add more decorations in our farm to go with it then it can be very fun too.

If I happen to find pictures again I'll post it here too~

EDIT: Found pinctures of the "mermaid" type on miiverse :
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Nightlight
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

^ The special "mermaid" house's exterior looks kind of ugly, IMO (at least in that screenshot it does. It may look better while actually playing the game.) The interior, however, is lovely :heart:.
Meriberry
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

The exterior does look rather...out of place. The rest of it is cool, though. Are there any other pictures of the house types?
Syvle
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Meriberry wrote:The exterior does look rather...out of place. The rest of it is cool, though. Are there any other pictures of the house types?
http://gamenoarukurashi.com/archives/64359903.html

From top to last: Country, Japanese, Tropical, Western, Modern Japanese, Heian Imperial, Jungle, Live House, Under the Sea, Wizard Castle, El Dorado

Also, if you want to see more pictures for any specific style, I suggest you can try by ie. inputing the style name into twitter/google search bar. It works!

EDIT: translated the materials required for each style
Spoiler:
Country Mansion
[Extension Materials] (By this, I am guessing that you have to first upgrade your house to the last/mansion level first, before then you can choose to remodel to the different style?)
Black lumber x70, Brick stone x50, Maple branch x30, Ruby x20, Gold x15
[Remodeling Materials]
Black lumber x35, Brick stone x25, Maple branch x18, Ruby x12, Gold x8

Japanese Mansion

[Extension Materials]
Black lumber x70, Hard soil x50, Bamboo x60, Pine branch x55, Ginkgo branch x30
[Remodeling Materials]
Black lumber x45, Hard soil x35, Bamboo x36, Pine branch x33, Ginkgo branch x15

Tropical Mansion

[Extension Materials]
Black lumber x70, Yellow fabric x50, Green fabric x30, Blue pearl x20, Hibiscus x50
[Remodeling Materials]
Black lumber x35, Yellow fabric x25, Green fabric x18, Blue pearl x12, Hibiscus x25

Western Mansion
[Requirement]
Westown Rank above B
[Remodeling Materials]
Black lumber x45, Sandrose x30, Amethyst x18, Coin x21, Rabbit ears cactus x21

Modern Japanese Mansion

[Requirement]
Tsuyukusa Rank above B
[Remodeling Materials]
Black lumber x45, Glass x30, Amber x18, Jade x21, Fluorite x7

Imperial Heian Mansion

[Requirement]
Tsuyukusa Rank above A
[Remodeling Materials]
Black lumber x45, Cherry blossom branch x42, Ginkgo branch x30, Red pearl x35, Spring sun x35

Jungle Style Mansion
(one of my favorite after seeing more screens of this on twitter)
[Requirement]
Lulukoko Rank above B
[Remodeling Materials]
Black lumber x45, Copper x45, Emerald x36, Purple down x35, Scent of Ephemeral Dreams x3 (it’s a perfume)

Live House Style Mansion

[Requirement]
Westown Rank above A
[Remodeling Materials]
Black lumber x45, Brick stone x42, Crystal quartz x30, Green pearl x21, Glittering coin x21

Under the Sea Style Mansion
[Requirement]
Lulukoko Rank above A
[Remodeling Materials]
Black lumber x45, Fluorite x30, White pearl x30, Coral x21, Venus comb x21

Wanyanderful Mansion
(ワンニャンダフル; probably word play for /ワンダフル/wonderful, ワン/woof and ニャン/nyan/meow considering the cat and dog pattern of this style)
[Requirement]
Have seen ‘The Day Where Dream Comes True’ event
[Remodeling Materials]
Brick stone x45, Diamond x21, Adamantite x18, Toy rubber bone x35, Bell x35

Wizard’s Castle Style Mansion
(My favorite probably! Def gonna save for this one!)
[Requirement]
Have seen 'Everybody’s Bond’ event
[Remodeling Materials]
Amethyst x70, Moonstone x42, Sage stone x3, Blue rose x21, Poison mushroom x7

El Dorado Style Mansion
(At first glance i thought that dragon above horse stall was a Dragonite lol)
[Requirements]
Have seen 'Everybody’s Bond’ event
Have seen 'The Day Where Dream Comes True’ event
[Remodeling Materials]
Gold x70, Topaz x54, Platinum x5, Pink diamond x3, Gold pearl x18
Last edited by Syvle on Jul 30, 2016 4:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
luph n joii
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I think the Underwater's exterior looks good, but I agree it does look out of place. I can imagine it looks good if only it's underwater though. Maybe that exterior would look better in winter?

That cat styled house was weird and the punny name is lame ("Wanyanderful" - a pun of wonderful and nyan/meow). I wonder how it would be translated in English. Meownigficent? Meowjestic? Glameowrous? ...Okay, I'll stop.

Personally, my favorite is the Wizard' House, but I also like the golden dragons in the Golden Town. The Live House interior also looks really nice though no so much on the exterior.