3oT Import Thread

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
gossipstone
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

I think the social aspect has been improved, from the gameplay I've seen. There are random events from the townspeople that seem comparable to earlier games, which is a big improvement because I feel like newer games have only been focusing on the marriage candidates. Honestly I think the only games that put a huge emphasis on the child were AWL and AP/ToT, so I wouldn't say the quality there has declined that much.
Arcy
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

"Wow, what lazy developers, continuing to provide completely free patches and updates to a game they released six months ago."

Give me a break. Out of every game I play, only the MMORPG genre provides updates like this for "free" anymore, and remember that they are raking in millions in subscription and premium content fees while developing those "free" patches and updates.

As far as I can tell, they're consistently adding content. Is it "lazy"? Absolutely not. Is it refreshing to have one candidate and/or kid out of multiple choices not fit the mold? In my opinion, yes. But just like caving to fan pressure and giving The Inari a kid, they'll probably patch in more options to make them boringly identical to every other candidate.

It is a shame, I was looking forward to having a childfree romance option with more of an independent relationship than is typically present in these games. As a stay at home mom who has been married for almost two decades, that's a nice escapist fantasy. They'll probably patch out the single parent feeling of raising The Inari's child by the time I get to that point in my own play through as well. :(
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I think hm64 was way better relationship wise, partly because of rival events and rival marriage/children.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:I think hm64 was way better relationship wise, partly because of rival events and rival marriage/children.
Well, they did talk about wanting to do rival marriage again. Not sure when it'll happen. I miss rival events and marriage as well, but, for now, we'll have to live without it.
gossipstone
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

I've seen talk of Inari's post-marriage event (which is a requirement to have the child) being fairly easy to miss/avoid triggering, so if you want to go childless, you could always do that and look up the event on YouTube or something instead.

I do think giving Inari a heavier hand in your home life/parenting would take away from the uniqueness of the relationship, as well as go against the grain of the series' previous deity candidates. I think adding in a child was enough, honestly, and I'd kind of hate to see them go farther than that.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Ronin19 wrote:
Anonymous Fish wrote:I think hm64 was way better relationship wise, partly because of rival events and rival marriage/children.
Well, they did talk about wanting to do rival marriage again. Not sure when it'll happen. I miss rival events and marriage as well, but, for now, we'll have to live without it.
That'd be nice if they added the rival marriage system back.
OctavieKnite88
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Shan O 123 wrote:
Ronin19 wrote:
That'd be nice if they added the rival marriage system back.
I really miss rival marriages. Bringing the couples together gives you more to do and makes the town a bit more realistic...or at least less stagnant.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Agreed, rival marriage makes things more interesting and 'realistic'. I mean, come on, all of these young and beautiful people are going to be bachelors/ettes for the rest of their lives just because you didn't get hitched with them? Ho boy.

I understand that they leave it out more often than not because (iirc) the Japanese fans were afraid of their waifu/husbando being taken away from them, but most rival events can be avoided pretty easily in the previous titles so IDK what they're even complaining about. :roll:
Last edited by Bluie on Dec 04, 2016 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Oh!I almost forgot. I also hope the festivals are better this time. -.- Hated the festivals in I think...all new harvest moon/bokumono games...gawd they're so bad. I hope they're better this time, with three towns they had a lot to work with so kinda fear it's gonna just be quantity over quality again... Apparently there's a festival where you just eat pizza? Lol...anyway if they have a horse race it'll already be a step up from recent games, but not holding my breath.
Terra575
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I LOVE when they include rival marriages, not only because it raises the stakes, but it also makes you feel less guilty for not marrying someone. Like in AWL, I always feel really bad for Muffy if I don't marry her, because she ends up being pretty lonely.
Celestrian
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

With rival marriages we can discuss all the ways we can destroy our rival. Muahahaha!
Cherubae
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:Oh!I almost forgot. I also hope the festivals are better this time. -.- Hated the festivals in I think...all new harvest moon/bokumono games...gawd they're so bad. I hope they're better this time, with three towns they had a lot to work with so kinda fear it's gonna just be quantity over quality again... Apparently there's a festival where you just eat pizza? Lol...anyway if they have a horse race it'll already be a step up from recent games, but not holding my breath.
The pizza festival is the festival in Westown where they honor their goddess deity. There's no horse race though.

There's several that are the show-up-and-watch type of festival. There's judgement festivals (cooking, animals, crops that are the same type as the last game) and then a game festival that rotates from town to town. The romance festivals are town specific, and you can only select the villagers who are marriage candidates of that town to attend with (if you're not married of course) and you can't just attend as a single person. The romance festivals are kind of lame in my opinion.

Only the new years festival is where you would have to decide which towns' version you would like to attend. Since it happens on the same day for all of the towns, you can only select one to participate in.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Cherubae wrote:
Anonymous Fish wrote:Oh!I almost forgot. I also hope the festivals are better this time. -.- Hated the festivals in I think...all new harvest moon/bokumono games...gawd they're so bad. I hope they're better this time, with three towns they had a lot to work with so kinda fear it's gonna just be quantity over quality again... Apparently there's a festival where you just eat pizza? Lol...anyway if they have a horse race it'll already be a step up from recent games, but not holding my breath.
The pizza festival is the festival in Westown where they honor their goddess deity. There's no horse race though.

There's several that are the show-up-and-watch type of festival. There's judgement festivals (cooking, animals, crops that are the same type as the last game) and then a game festival that rotates from town to town. The romance festivals are town specific, and you can only select the villagers who are marriage candidates of that town to attend with (if you're not married of course) and you can't just attend as a single person. The romance festivals are kind of lame in my opinion.

Only the new years festival is where you would have to decide which towns' version you would like to attend. Since it happens on the same day for all of the towns, you can only select one to participate in.
Dang disappointing about the lack of horse race, also sad that since I won't get married in my girl file she'll have less festivals to attend. xD; Hoping the game festivals and new years festival are nice... ._. Problem with show up and watch is that it's not that interesting the longer you play...
FoolishGhoul
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Yeah there's been a lot of different discussions just on this forum about getting rival marriages back and whether people are for or against it. The majority of people here at least, like I think it came out to about 9/10 wanted rival couples back. Buuutttt I'm not sure how the rest of the fandom of the games feel about them since this forum only represents a limited number of players. Regardless, I hope they bring them back again since it's been a while (I think IoH/SI were the last games to have rivals?)
OctavieKnite88
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Interactive festivals and rival marriage were some of the things I was really hoping for. Also about those romance festivals, it looks like that means you only get Ludus for girls if you do the Lulukoko fest, and Lisette for the guys if you do the Westown fest...unless DLC candidates can be choices which I doubt.

They do game fests but it still would have been cute to have an egg hunt, mini games for the pet festival (Like IoH and SI) a horse race or even an eating contest for the cooking festival for the people who can't cook. You know, interactive things that make me want to pay attention instead of just mashing a button to get through dialogue so I can get friend points. I stopped bothering to go to any festivals pretty early on in SoS, and only participated in ANB if the game forced me to because I didn't care about any of the characters in that game (Also I just hated ANB). Also I love how they took out swimming yet gave us a beach and now make us use items to dye things (In SoS it just automatically dyed things after you chose a color). 1 step forward, 2 steps back in my book.

I do love friend and town events. Keep them coming. While you're at it why don't you let some rumors circulate around the place to keep things interesting?